Nevada Predictions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
anitram said:

But just imagine diamond's reaction when Hillary beats his favourite Mormon!
That will indeed soften the post-inaguration blow, slightly, while I wait in line to get my retinas scanned for the new national ID/DNA database.

Infinitum98 said:
Yup. Look what happened to Clinton in N.H. or McCain or Huckabee who were nowhere in the summer and now are top tier. Look what happened to Giuliani. I don't see you asking anyone else about their predictions.

It would make some sense if you thought he could gain momentum down the road and have a shot, but you have to know that right now at this moment, he's not winning any states.

phillyfan26 said:

It would make some sense if you thought he could gain momentum down the road and have a shot, but you have to know that right now at this moment, he's not winning any states.

Looks like he beat out McCain for 2nd in Nevada!

anitram said:

Looks like he beat out McCain for 2nd in Nevada!

Props to Ron Paul for getting second, but it's not like it was a race or anything. Romney got more votes than everyone else combined.

But a second's a second, I suppose :shrug:

anitram said:
Looks like she carried the women's vote again (by a good margin). I think that a lot of younger people are really misreading older women and the context in which they are voting and the drive to show up to the polls.

I think you're right about that...there's an undercurrent there that seems to fall below the radar--until the results come in. I was also surprised how she was able to overcome the scorn of the unions and earn so much of the Latino vote.

Poor John Edwards. He's most likely toast. At times, he's come across as the most sincere and direct of the bunch.

Harry Vest said:
America will NEVER elect a Morman to the Presidency. Period.

Just like the idea of electing a Catholic president was unfathomable too, right?

So you think they won't elect a Mormon, but a woman or a black seems completely possible?

2861U2 said:

So you think they won't elect a Mormon, but a woman or a black seems completely possible?

I have to admit, this election is suprising me so far, in a very good way.

I really thought sexism and racist were strong enough in the US to make this an obstacle for the Dems. I also thought that the predominately protestant Christian right wouldn't even allow a Mormon in "their" party, for many will still admit they think it's a cult.

Now this can mean a lot of things. This can mean the far Christian right aren't even showing up to vote, which would be a great thing. Or they are waiting till the general election. Who knows, I really think this election will come down to the general election, polls won't mean shit in this election. It will depend if hateful folks will stay home or get off the couch...

Interesting delegate situation in Nevada though. Clinton wins the popular vote, Obama gets the edge in delegates.

i can't think of anything more depressing than a Hillary vs. Romney campaign.

it would be like two political terminators in a fake off panderthon.

Back
Top Bottom