Neal Boortz- Fair Tax

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

VertigoGal

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
http://www.amazon.com/FairTax-Book-Neal-Boortz/dp/0060875410

So I live in Atlanta and eveyone knows Neal Boortz is an idiot (well at least I thought everyone knew that). Imagine my surprise when I discovered his book on the Fair Tax proposal is actually in the cirriculum for economics which is required at my high school. yeah. not only that, but everyone* here** seems to be in love with the idea.

my friend and I looked over a copy of the book and not only is Neal Boortz a terrible misleading idiot who conveniently disregards facts and simply appeals to emotions (oh, wait...), but the idea is just dumb. I admit I'm not an economist but you don't need half a functioning brain cell to notice it wouldn't work.

what really disturbs me is that people I'd otherwise consider to be intelligent actually believe in this stuff and write letters and send little postcards and join groups. :huh:

someone please enlighten me as to how any of this is anything short of bizarre and idiotic. or we could all just bash it and bash neal boortz which would make me feel a lot better and restore my faith in people. :)

*bored teenagers in **rich republican suburb in bible belt

Poor child. I thought he was a riot. Then I realized he was serious.:ohmy:

Back
Top Bottom