my state is lame - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Old 07-05-2004, 04:29 PM   #16
Blue Crack Addict
Local Time: 08:08 PM
One good thing about VA, the governer is not allowed to serve 2 consecutive terms, so he can't run again!

Old 07-05-2004, 09:29 PM   #17
love, blood, life
Local Time: 07:08 PM
Re: Re: Re: my state is lame

Originally posted by U2Kitten

NO one's saying things should be shut down on weekends, just that any individual should not be forced to work both days!!!!! It's a law that would give any given person the right to demand EITHER Sat. or Sun. off, it's not saying anyone can't work or stores should close!
You are missing my point. If all the workers DEMAND either Saturday or Sunday off, and businesses cannot oblige, then my scenarios come to fruition. Lets add another might mean EVERYONE in the workplace is forced to work a weekend day. Then who wins? Not Joe Sixpack.

Originally posted by U2Kitten
This situation cannot apply to that. If you had been reading my gas station saga, you'd have seen that other than the cook (who gets weekends off anyway) all his workers are illegal aliens making around $2 per hour or less. That's why people were telling me to turn him into the INS. So if he doesn't have to abide by labor laws for that, this would make no difference!
Again...missing my point. I was using it as an example. Something I thought you may be able to relate to.