My Kind of Organization

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

A_Wanderer

ONE love, blood, life
The Free Muslim Coalition Against Terrorism is a nonprofit organization made up of American Muslims and American Arabs of all backgrounds who feel that religious violence and terrorism have not been fully rejected by the Muslim community in the post 9-11 era.

The Coalition was created to eliminate broad base support for Islamic extremism and terrorism and to strengthen secular democratic institutions in the Middle East and the Muslim World by supporting Islamic reformation efforts.

The Coalition promotes a modern secular interpretation of Islam which is peace-loving, democracy-loving and compatible with other faiths and beliefs. The Coalition’s efforts are unique; it is the only mainstream American-Muslim organization willing to attack extremism and terrorism unambiguously. Unfortunately most other Muslim leaders believe that in terrorist organizations, the end justifies the means.
http://www.freemuslims.org/

Ya know, i never understood why Bush had to keep repeating in the days after 9/11 "Not all Muslims are bad." It's amazing how living in NYC has changed my perception of many many things.

sharky said:
Ya know, i never understood why Bush had to keep repeating in the days after 9/11 "Not all Muslims are bad." It's amazing how living in NYC has changed my perception of many many things.

that was one thing that impressed me about bush after 9-11, was his emphasis that not all muslims are bad. kudos to him for that :up:

kudos? hm. what did it cost him to say that? nothing.

with all the talk about a "holy war" etc. after 911 it was his duty to say so.

Actually, political support is easier when you have a clear enemy to rally against. Bush had to draw a fine line, as most of the population could easily have lumped all Muslims together as evil.

Back
Top Bottom