"My god is true, your god is false" - Page 20 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 06-07-2007, 12:39 AM   #286
War Child

Local Time: 12:34 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by popsadie
No...Christianity says that you are already dead. Jesus is the one that brings you alive again. There is a difference.
Okay, then this way:

A doctor stood in front of you, say: if you don't follow me, I won't save your life, I'll let you bleeding to die, becauase if I wasn't here, you are dead anyway.

That's love...

Old 06-07-2007, 12:40 AM   #287
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 11:34 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by deep
what if someone was

told about Jesus

and didn't buy it

are they done for?
They should be, the religion must claim exclusivity to attract converts - if it isn't holding the one revealed truth then why should people believe it. Watering down the message of the meme to make it progressive will destroy it, at least literalists are dedicated to propogating it.

Old 06-07-2007, 12:40 AM   #288
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:34 PM
Quote:
I honestly think it depends on what they were told. I do think that, if one believes in Christianity, people who are given the whole picture about Christ and choose to reject Christ shouldn't expect to be saved. Jesus isn't going to force anyone to want him. My mind is this...is one rejects Christ, why would they want to be where he was anyway?
My little friend Phuong Le was born in Saigon.
She is Buddhist.

English is her second language.
Well, last Easter she was asking me about the Holiday for rabbits.

I told he it really was not about rabbits, it was about Jesus.
She seemed puzzled.

To my surprise she knew nothing about Jesus.

So I took some time and told her the whole story.
Ending with the Crucifixion and Resurrection.

I asked her what she thought.
She said, “I don’t buy it.”

and that is how Phuong went to Hell?
Old 06-07-2007, 12:46 AM   #289
War Child

Quote:
Originally posted by deep

My little friend Phuong Le was born in Saigon.
She is Buddhist.

English is her second language.
Well, last Easter she was asking me about the Holiday for rabbits.

I told he it really was not about rabbits, it was about Jesus.
She seemed puzzled.

To my surprise she knew nothing about Jesus.

So I took some time and told her the whole story.
Ending with the Crucifixion and Resurrection.

I asked her what she thought.
She said, “I don’t buy it.”

and that is how Phuong went to Hell?
Interestingly, if the believer is from a Mahayana background, he/she would have taken duty of saving others rather than saveing self. If there is a crucifixtion, they will go it for you; and if you were going to hell, they went there to replace you.

Well...if you put that in the logic of Christianity, they'd all have to suffer more than Jesus did anyway....
Old 06-07-2007, 12:46 AM   #290
Acrobat

Local Time: 01:34 AM
little Phuong..When you say this, do you mean that Phuong was/is a child? When she said, I don't buy it...does that mean that she didn't believe that the Judeo Christian God existed?
Old 06-07-2007, 12:46 AM   #291
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 11:34 AM
Quote:
No...Christianity says that you are already dead. Jesus is the one that brings you alive again. There is a difference.
How am I dead? I live, think and function perfectly well without any yearning for spiritual fufilment. I think that believers must frame other peoples viewpoints in a way that maintains consistency in their worldview hence people who don't believe in say Jesus a their personal saviour either haven't been exposed to the right message for this ultimate truth or simply don't understand it, the idea that the belief itself is the antithesis of the unbelievers convictions and is illogical nonsense can't be entertained.

If makes sense that a religion would reinforce that idea but for those looking in from the outside it often reeks of condacension and misaprehension. Luckily we make up for it with mockery, blasphemy and partaking in the funner sins.
Old 06-07-2007, 12:50 AM   #292
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:34 PM
Quote:
little Phuong..When you say this, do you mean that Phuong was/is a child? When she said, I don't buy it...does that mean that she didn't believe that the Judeo Christian God existed?

5 foot 2 inches - little, next to me

adult woman
Old 06-07-2007, 12:51 AM   #293
Acrobat

Wanderer...if that is what you think, I can't change it. I was just saying that..according to Christianity...all who have sinned have become spiritually dead and that belief in Christ brings them, spiritually, back to life.
Old 06-07-2007, 12:55 AM   #294
Acrobat

deep- the concept of hell is one I find hard to swallow. My mother is not a believer...she finds it illogical to believe in something that you can not prove scientifically. As I said before, I believe that the only one who truly knows the heart and desire of man is God. Believers are called to share their faith, but that is all we can do.
Old 06-07-2007, 12:58 AM   #295
War Child

popsadie, if you find hell is hard to swallow, you might want to consider buddhism, because in this religion, people like us, will not die, but reborn again, and again, and again, and agian....

Enjoy the fun of being Jesus...
Old 06-07-2007, 01:01 AM   #296
Acrobat

No...because I see being reborn again and again basically hell on earth. I believe because I believe that God has spoke to me through the scriptures and because of supernatural things that have occurred in my life. I do believe, but the human side of me does struggle with hell. Regardless..I do believe in hell, I just don't understand it completely.
Old 06-07-2007, 01:07 AM   #297
War Child

Quote:
No...because I see being reborn again and again basically hell on earth. I believe because I believe that God has spoke to me through the scriptures and because of supernatural things that have occurred in my life. I do believe, but the human side of me does struggle with hell. Regardless..I do believe in hell, I just don't understand it completely.
so you confidente enough to say that you are saved and not going to hell?

How did you know that?

A second chance might be a better choice ~
Old 06-07-2007, 01:11 AM   #298
Acrobat

I actually don't know that. I do know that I believe and that I have had confirmation of my belief...and that belief and a willingness to trust God are what is said in my scripture, but I also believe that no one knows themselves perfectly, only God. Still...my life experiences and perceived spiritual experiences tell me that the Judeo Christian God is true and the Christ's sacrifice is my only way. I, in my incomplete self knowledge, do believe in Christ's sacrifice as my salvation...nothing else.
Old 06-07-2007, 01:17 AM   #299
War Child

As you said, no one knows themselves perfectly, you might got it wrong on this very important question.

The Judeo Christian God might not there, the one who confirmed your believes might actually is Buddha, for sympathy and because you are a good person? Becauase Buddha doesn't care if you worship a devil, as long as you are a good person, you are covered.

Or...the Judeo Christian God left his business card to you from his last visit?
Old 06-07-2007, 01:20 AM   #300
Acrobat

I met God through Christians and through the scriptures. Later, other experiences confirmed this meeting. I know there is a chance that I am wrong, no one knows themselves perfectly, but the God of Christianity is the one I know(although incompletely) and seek to worship.