My Apologies to the Muslim People

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A_Wanderer said:
Fine; what do you propose occured and how did it occur.

All I'm saying is that someone who's trained to use a machine gun should be intelligent enough to know you don't piss in an airvent. If not, we have much bigger problems.

Your bias seems to be taking over your common sense.

A_Wanderer said:
Whatever, until you can show me something new and shocking about Guantanamo (rendition of high level terrorists overseas before being handed over to the US is where the real abuse and torture would go on; Phillipines, Indonesia, Pakistan, Egypt, Saudi Arabia are of much more concern than the camp that everybody knows about and has the most oversight and attention payed to it) I consider the entire thing to be a storm in a toilet.

Man's Claims May Be a Look at Dark Side of War on Terror

Wed, 13 Apr 2005 17:54:01 -0500
Summary:

Masri said he was kidnapped in Macedonia, beaten by masked men, blindfolded, injected with drugs and flown to Afghanistan, where he was imprisoned and interrogated by U.S. intelligence agents. He said he was finally dumped in the mountains of Albania.

By Jeffrey Fleishman
Republished from LA Times

Khaled el-Masri says his strange and violent trip into the void began with a bus ride on New Year's Eve 2003.

ULM, Germany — When he returned to this city five months later, his friends didn’t believe the odyssey he recounted. Masri said he was kidnapped in Macedonia, beaten by masked men, blindfolded, injected with drugs and flown to Afghanistan, where he was imprisoned and interrogated by U.S. intelligence agents. He said he was finally dumped in the mountains of Albania.

“One person told me not to tell this story because it’s so unreal, no one would listen,” said Masri, a German citizen who was born in Lebanon.

A Munich prosecutor has launched an investigation and is intent on questioning U.S. officials about the unemployed car salesman’s claim that he was wrongly targeted as an Islamic militant. Masri’s story, if true, would offer a rare firsthand look at one man’s disappearance into a hidden dimension of the Bush administration’s war on terrorism.

http://www.gnn.tv/headlines/2174/Man_s_Claims_May_Be_a_Look_at_Dark_Side_of_War_on_Terror

Last edited:
theblazer said:
Oh, it must be true. I believe EVERYTHING!

Just curious....are you here to contribute to the discussion, or are you a troll?

The article I started the thread with...is a list of ADMISSIONS by our GOVernment.

Wanderer....

you and I are generally on the same side of the fence on this particular issue....

but there is no way...it was not intentional.

Rono said:
Do you think it possible to change the mentality of the majority of the soldiers. I thought the most soldiers are people that chose for the army are commng from the lower class that not can find a good job or are to poor for a good education. I think your army is the drain off your society .

So you have been in the American army to make a statement like this?

WHy would you discipline a soldier if the soldier had done it by accident?

that makes no sense.

To save face if and when an investigation occured, in all probability it was intentional ~ but it is not inconceivable that it was an accident.

Other evidence.....that the report was damaging...

the release time of the report.

i had no idea there were so many incredibly ignorant people here.

i guess it makes me feel better about myself.

but this is too rich...

------

Originally posted by theblazer

Muslims blow other Muslims and their Mosques up, but we have to appologize for kicking a book?

This world is ass-backwards and the US has become apologists for everything. I refuse to praise, lift up, and feel sympathy for prisoners while trashing US soldiers.

This thread starter and the tiltle of this thread make me want to vomit.

-----

and this, folks, is why there'll never be peace on earth.

perhaps i 7umped a little far a head for some of you? would you like me to explain a bit more clearly?

Back
Top Bottom