Muslim voters undecided

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I saw that too. You're right, it's most defnitely not over, and won't be until November 2nd......THREE DAYS BEFORE I TURN 18 :mad: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

(verte i hope you don't mind that i did the mad censored thing that you do so often...)

U2democrat said:
I saw that too. You're right, it's most defnitely not over, and won't be until November 2nd......THREE DAYS BEFORE I TURN 18 :mad: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

(verte i hope you don't mind that i did the mad censored thing that you do so often...)

Oh, no. I should have a contest for the most creative use of the :censored: smilie. Seriously, we're talking millions of votes in swing states. Bush got most of these votes in 2000. Where will they go this year?

Nader, he is the only person that can best represent Muslim aspirations (No, im not being serious, although I wish those votes went to him).

On a slightly related topic at an Islamic Convention in the US there was a pro-Bush stand and it was torn down, freedom of speech my arse!

Last edited:
A_Wanderer said:
Nader, he is the only person that can best represent Muslim aspirations (No, im not being serious, although I wish those votes went to him).

On a slightly related topic at an Islamic Convention in the US there was a pro-Bush stand and it was torn down, freedom of speech my arse!

I know. There were a whole slew of complaints about the Bush booth and they shut it down. Wow. Civility in politics is taking a vacation. :mad: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

AcrobatMan said:
wait till the population % is 10..and there will be demand of a separate country with Sharia law

Oh, I don't think so. They're happy U.S. citizens, they really mix in well, they vote in the elections and don't want Sharia. They go to their mosques the way I go to my church.

I doubt we can broadly categorize US Muslims in any way (nor should we), just as I doubt that such organizations speak for all US Muslims.

I agree, nbcrusader, these people definitely have minds of their own. Just like I'm not necessarily going to vote for the same people who go to my church, these people are not necessarily going to vote the way the other people in their mosques are voting. Arabs and Muslims do tend to be conservative voters, mainly because of their socially conservative views. It looks like 2004 may be kind of a "flukey" election for some of these voters anyway. They're mad at Bush, but they're not fond of Kerry either. I can see it now, they will probably really be holding their noses at the polling booth. I may wear a clothespin myself. :wink:

nbcrusader said:
They should be mad at those who give Islam a bad name....

I agree 200%!! And actually, I'm sure they are. There's one Muslim lady from New Jersey who is a Republican, she is Egyptian-born and American-educated, and she's absolutely chagrined and disgusted that she's a Muslim and so is bin Laden. It annoys Tercep Erdogan, (not sure I spelled the name right, Turkish names are hard for me) the Sunni Muslim prime minister of Turkey that they call terrorists like bin Laden "Islamic terrorists" because that associates him with terrorism and he says this makes him really angry because he's against terrorism.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom