Muslim center request denied

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
deep said:

the Buddhist have the more plausible argument

riiiigggghhhhhhhtttt...........

Just some of the physical traits of the buddha:

He has feet with a level sole
He has wheel marks on soles
He has projecting heels
He can touch his knees without bending
His sexual organs are concealed in a sheath
His skin is so fine that no dust can attach to it
His body hair is bluish and curls clockwise
There is no hollow between his shoulders
He has 40 teeth
His teeth are evenly spaced
His teeth are without gaps in-between
He has crystal-like canine teeth
His eyes are like a cow's
His head is like a royal turban

oh, for fucks sake. like a guy walking on water, healing the crippled, allowing the blind to see, feeding the masses with a few fish and loaves of bread, water to wine, not actually asphyxiating on the cross, but living for 3 days (or whatever it supposedly was) is believable because it was a miracle?

... yeah.

Angela Harlem said:
oh, for fucks sake. like a guy walking on water, healing the crippled, allowing the blind to see, feeding the masses with a few fish and loaves of bread, water to wine, not actually asphyxiating on the cross, but living for 3 days (or whatever it supposedly was) is believable because it was a miracle?

... yeah.

no........but that wasn't the point being made ! I've noticed you have an extraordinary ability to debate the not-being-debated.............

toscano said:

riiiigggghhhhhhhtttt...........

Just some of the physical traits of the buddha:

He has feet with a level sole
He has wheel marks on soles
He has projecting heels
He can touch his knees without bending
His sexual organs are concealed in a sheath
His skin is so fine that no dust can attach to it
His body hair is bluish and curls clockwise
There is no hollow between his shoulders
He has 40 teeth
His teeth are evenly spaced
His teeth are without gaps in-between
He has crystal-like canine teeth
His eyes are like a cow's
His head is like a royal turban

I think Angela's point was that every religion ascribes weird metaphors and traits to describe their founder.

Jesus Christ has had his fair share of completely balls-out whacko shit said about him, too. How is being able to walk on water any more out there than saying someone can touch their knees without bending? :shrug:

I don't think Toscano is claiming Jesus' miracles are any more plausible than the stuff about Buddha...I think she was attacking Deep's assertion that Buddhism has the more "plausible" argument...when none of them are that plausible to begin with.

martha said:

I wasn't talking about the religious ones you know.
Does it matter, so people think i'm full of shit thats their problem, I can think they are full of shit too so it makes it ok. For instnace I think that it is offensive that people who claim to believe in the right to free speech won't make the distinction between supporting the right and supporting the speech when it offends their sensibilities.

And as an on topic point I think that they should be allowed to build, but that the call to prayer being blared out would be dodgy and that the planning and development issues should be compliant.

Last edited:
DaveC said:

I think Angela's point was that every religion ascribes weird metaphors and traits to describe their founder.

Jesus Christ has had his fair share of completely balls-out whacko shit said about him, too. How is being able to walk on water any more out there than saying someone can touch their knees without bending? :shrug:

Right. All equally whacko. But if you see what i was ACTUALLY responding to was the comment that somehow Buddha was more "plausible".........yes, they are equally implausible but that wasn't what I'd responded to.

LJT said:
I don't think Toscano is claiming Jesus' miracles are any more plausible than the stuff about Buddha...I think she was attacking Deep's assertion that Buddhism has the more "plausible" argument...when none of them are that plausible to begin with.

good to see SOMEONE doesn't need a trip to rif.org !

On a positive note, the largest synagogue in Germany, located here in Berlin, gets re-opened on Friday after two architects restaurated it over the last two years. They had two black&white photographies from before the Crystal Night.

Regarding the mosque in Cologne, they changed the design a bit, though it stays the same in size. But it's still the same dispute over it. :(

Back
Top Bottom