Murdoch buys the Wall Street Journal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BonosSaint

Rock n' Roll Doggie
How significant is this? What changes do you speculate will occur? Ultimately good for the WSJ? Is this a direct challenge to the NYT? Will Murdoch stay out of editorial policymaking? Should he? Etc. Etc.

Well, when he bought the publishing house I was working at years ago, it changed everything, from personnel to the kinds of books we published, so, no, he did not stay out of editorial decisions. We became a right-wing publisher. I resigned and moved to the desert as a result. :shrug:

Doesn't WSJ already have a right-wing stance in its editorial?

I just hope Murdoch doesn't change the WSJ into a tabloid-like newspaper, where there would be reports on Paris Hilton and Lindsay Lohan

Pearl said:
Doesn't WSJ already have a right-wing stance in its editorial?

Depends on what you mean by "editorial."

Its Editorials (Opinion page), are very right-wing. The rest of the paper is very respected for its objectivity and in-depth reporting.

BonosSaint said:
How significant is this? What changes do you speculate will occur? Ultimately good for the WSJ? Is this a direct challenge to the NYT? Will Murdoch stay out of editorial policymaking? Should he? Etc. Etc.
I honestly don't understand Conservative pricks like Murdoch. They rail about the degeneration of American values aond culture by the left yet are behind the some o fthe worst dumbing down of mainstream TV and culture, like Fox's continued sleaziness throughout the 90s and its immediate support of crappy reality TV, and what about Clear Channel. How does playing all that Britney Spears and her copy cats instill proper values among youth. Hypocritical bastards!

According to some folks on Charlie Rose, it will ruin the Wall Street Journal:

http://www.charlierose.com/shows/20...pert-murdochs-bid-for-the-wall-street-journal

BonosSaint said:

i think the concern is when he took over the nypost, he changed it completely, even though he said he wouldn't.

i don't read it regularly myself, but i'm thinking the wsj was one of the few remaining respectable newspapers today.

the people that work for it are pissed, and have been fighting this for months. it's a shame that they didn't get a say.

Back
Top Bottom