Murders Of New/Expectant Mothers - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 12-21-2004, 04:33 PM   #16
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 06:39 AM
This makes me so angry.

I actually read about this in Details - a men's magazine of all places - and the article said that most of the men who do this are mama's boys who are spoiled and are used to have everything done for them. Since having a baby means taking responsibility and the man will have to compete with the baby for attention, these men look for a way out because they are cowards and aren't man enough to grow up and stop being so selfish.

Really, sometimes I think the future of male-female relations would only get worse.

Old 12-21-2004, 06:40 PM   #17
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally posted by Pearl
the article said that most of the men who do this are mama's boys who are spoiled and are used to have everything done for them. Since having a baby means taking responsibility and the man will have to compete with the baby for attention, these men look for a way out because they are cowards and aren't man enough to grow up and stop being so selfish.
i would hope it takes more than selfishness and jealousy of a baby to set off a trigger to opt for murder.

Old 12-21-2004, 06:53 PM   #18
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 04:39 AM
Quote:
I actually read about this in Details - a men's magazine of all places - and the article said that most of the men who do this are mama's boys who are spoiled and are used to have everything done for them. Since having a baby means taking responsibility and the man will have to compete with the baby for attention, these men look for a way out because they are cowards and aren't man enough to grow up and stop being so selfish.

Okay, if that is indeed the case, and that's a big reason why these guys do this, all I have to say is grow the fuck up, you idiots.

The ironic part is that they DO get attention after they kill someone...just not the good kind.

Angela
Old 12-22-2004, 12:57 AM   #19
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Seems like way too many people have a problem with taking responsibility. It makes me sick.
Old 12-22-2004, 02:44 AM   #20
Jesus Online

Local Time: 09:39 PM
Quote:
This makes me so angry.

Really, sometimes I think the future of male-female relations would only get worse.
That's hard to grasp isn't it. You'd expect a reason like emotional instability combined with either fear or anger from selfishness - anger at being forced into something they may not have chosen, but not from this. You hear older people who are from generations ago say how we're different now and that responsibility is not what it used to be. It can't really be denied. Society is getting weaker as we strive to get stronger. And I dont think on the whole there is an increase in overall happiness and wellbeing.
Old 12-22-2004, 05:08 AM   #21
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:39 AM
That sounds like an interesting article Pearl, is that in the current issue?
Old 12-22-2004, 07:37 AM   #22
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

I think its the one with Sean Penn on the cover.
But its very recent.
Old 12-22-2004, 07:47 AM   #23
Blue Crack Addict

Tks Pearl, maybe my library will have it
Old 12-22-2004, 11:37 AM   #24
Refugee

Local Time: 10:39 AM
thanks for the kind words you guys
*hugs* to youse

I read a similar article somewhere how men like these regard children as the womens property and even when they are out of the womb they do terrible things like kidnap or abuse them just to "get back at" the mom .

on a happier note my child, my son Alex is 17 today and I just couldnt be more proud of him. hes a great example to his two little sisters and i could just go on and on gushin bout him!
Old 12-22-2004, 12:01 PM   #25
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Quote:
Originally posted by carrieluvv
thanks for the kind words you guys
*hugs* to youse
You're very welcome .

Quote:
I read a similar article somewhere how men like these regard children as the womens property and even when they are out of the womb they do terrible things like kidnap or abuse them just to "get back at" the mom .
...such a shame. It's amazing how immature and cruel some people can be.

Course, then again...

Quote:
on a happier note my child, my son Alex is 17 today and I just couldnt be more proud of him. hes a great example to his two little sisters and i could just go on and on gushin bout him!
...it's good to hear about people like your son, 'cause it's a nice reminder that there ARE some decent guys still running around out there. That's great that he's doing so well, and to know that he's a really nice kid. He was obviously raised right .

Angela
Old 12-22-2004, 01:47 PM   #26
War Child

These guys should just convince their wives/girlfriends to have an abortion. Far less hassle and no jail time.
Old 12-22-2004, 01:57 PM   #27
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by MaxFisher
These guys should just convince their wives/girlfriends to have an abortion. Far less hassle and no jail time.
Old 12-22-2004, 01:59 PM   #28
Blue Crack Supplier

don't. feed. the. troll.
Old 12-22-2004, 02:27 PM   #29
War Child

I think that abortion should be an acceptable alternative. Women have abortions because they lack the means/maturity/time/desire to raise a child. If a man feels like he is not up to the responsibility of raising a child than he too should have the right to at least explore an abortion performed by a doctor as an option. Better to end the pregnancy than have a child born into a situation where their father resents their existence. Also, aborting the pregnancy gives a woman the chance to protect her own body/life from an unstable boyfriend/husband that is looking for a cowardly way out.
Old 12-22-2004, 02:40 PM   #30
fah
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:39 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Irvine511
don't. feed. the. troll.