MSNBC reports Al-Zarqawi killed in Iraq

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
maycocksean said:
Michael Berg, father of American businessman Nicholas Berg, whom is it believed al-Zarqawi beheaded in May 2004

"I'm sorry whenever any human being dies. Zarqawi is a human being. He has a family who are reacting just as my family reacted when Nick was killed and I feel badly for that.

"I feel doubly badly, though, because Zarqawi is also a political figure and his death will re-ignite yet another wave of revenge and revenge is something that I do not follow, that I do not ask for, that I do not wish for against anybody. It's an endless cycle. As long as people use violence to combat violence we will always have violence."

I find Mr. Berg's remarkable and filled with the type of humanity this world needs more of. (I'm sure Ann Coulter would have a very different take on Mr. Berg, however).

I listened to an interview with Berg last night. He offeres a rather pure form of pasifism in his views, with a healthy dose of "deaths would not occur but for GWB". When the interviewers tried to flesh out Berg's position, he declined - which made sense. His views, if examined, would lead to dreadful results, even results with which Berg could not agree.

So, as a soundbite, Berg does offer an admirable position. But the principles that make up his position - I think all would find difficult or plain wrong.

phanan said:
What I find interesting is that the military said they got an inside tip on Zarqawi's whereabouts, and there were previously scattered reports suggesting Al Quaida was at odds with Zarqawi over several matters (can't remember off the top of my head).

My thought is, what if it was Al Quaida who purposely tipped off his location to get rid of him?

:shrug:

Al-Qaida deputy praises al-Zarqawi in video
Reference to slain terror leader suggests tape was made before his death

"An Al-Jazeera anchorman said the tape was made before al-Zarqawi’s death was announced Thursday because al-Zawahri praised the al-Qaida in Iraq leader’s efforts to confront U.S.-led forces in Iraq."

"“God bless the prophet of Islam in Iraq, the persistent hero of Islam, the Holy Warrior Abu Musab al-Zarqawi,” al-Zawahri said."

"He also sent greetings to the Shura Council of Mujahedeen in Iraq and insurgents, “who are confronting crusaders and their apostate aides and the merchants of religion.”"

Let's see if this has any effect on the virtual civil war in Iraq at this point. I sincerely hope it does.... But I notice that things in Iraq didn't get any better when we captured Saddam and offed his darlink little boys.

To all of you who think this is a major victory in the "war on terror", I beg to be a cynic at this point. Terrorists are like mushrooms. Cut off the top and more will spring up. the past 5 yrs have taught us that, and I wish it wasn't so....

Spiritual advisor......that's an interesting insert in the picture...{I'm just a mere wizard......what would I know about such people.}

nonethless.......makes me still wonder why there is still a zero in my private message box........how does the countdown go.....5-4-3-2-1-0

Sorry.....just playing wizard game.

:|

Irvine511 said:

i believe there may be more..

than we are told.

But Iran?

they are Shia
and al-Zarqawi was Sunni leading attacks against and killing Shia

Iran would have given him up or passed on any information as soon as they got it

But, al-Zarqawi had no contacts with them

Last edited:

Melon, remember those trinkets of which I spoke the other day....the free for the taking internet access CD discs and the passwords.......well just to give you the clue......the passwords in the first box {sign on now and enjoy} were CARPS-FADED and the second box {then pass your CD-Rom to your friend} were VIEW-ORANGE.

This is for real....I picked up a few since they were free and there to pass along.

Time works in mysterious ways......at least in My Neighborhood. But remember, I'm just a mere wizard. What do I know.

Excuse me, I have to keep an eye out for that evil Sauron character.

{Sorry all...didn't mean to change the topic}.

One thing does puzzle me......Al-Zarqawi was termed the "evil emir"....and yet the U.S. military was making fun out of his video where his weapon jammed and said he didn't know how to shoot. Enough said, I suppose.

I need to redirect my energy elsewhere anyway.

U2DMfan said:
Did you miss the context of the discussion or do you assert that all of this killing is murder because of the politics that got us into the war?
Sometimes a rational mindset has no place in society. There is no defense for letting such a twisted piece of hell live another day. Zarqawi deserved what he got. Now that he is under the ground where he belongs (instead of being put in therapy), and now that we've obtained valuable intel as a result, the progress of the war in Iraq will surely accelerate. The sooner we win, the sooner we send our men and women home.

Macfistowannabe said:
The sooner we win, the sooner we send our men and women home.

it's amazing how the definition of "win" has changed since 2002.

why, at this rate, i bet we'll start to see troops coming home ... before November!

Back
Top Bottom