MSNBC reports Al-Zarqawi killed in Iraq - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 06-08-2006, 11:41 AM   #46
New Yorker
 
digsy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 2,853
Local Time: 02:23 PM
wow
i'm reading some pretty fucked up commentary in this thread
what the hell is wrong with some of you???

i think a few of you need to take a leaf out of Micheal Bergs book - a man who has closer ties to this situation than any of you can imagine
__________________

__________________
digsy is offline  
Old 06-08-2006, 12:11 PM   #47
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: The American Resistance
Posts: 4,754
Local Time: 08:23 AM
Flags are being lowered to half-mast in Hollywood.

Sorry, just couldn't help but take a swipe at the "George Bush is the world's greatest terrorist" crowd.
__________________

__________________
INDY500 is offline  
Old 06-08-2006, 12:24 PM   #48
Refugee
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Tel-Aviv, Israel
Posts: 1,300
Local Time: 02:23 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by INDY500
Flags are being lowered to half-mast in Hollywood.

Sorry, just couldn't help but take a swipe at the "George Bush is the world's greatest terrorist" crowd.
Well..........I wouldn't go THAT far.......
__________________
AchtungBono is offline  
Old 06-08-2006, 12:37 PM   #49
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: The American Resistance
Posts: 4,754
Local Time: 08:23 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by AchtungBono


Well..........I wouldn't go THAT far.......
A moment of silence?
__________________
INDY500 is offline  
Old 06-08-2006, 12:39 PM   #50
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 30,499
Local Time: 09:23 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by INDY500
Flags are being lowered to half-mast in Hollywood.

Sorry, just couldn't help but take a swipe at the "George Bush is the world's greatest terrorist" crowd.


and Jesus is going to come back and behead the Senators who didn't vote for the anti-marriage equality amendment.

you have been warned.



(one moronic comment deserves another)
__________________
Irvine511 is offline  
Old 06-08-2006, 12:40 PM   #51
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 30,499
Local Time: 09:23 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by digsy
wow
i'm reading some pretty fucked up commentary in this thread
what the hell is wrong with some of you???

i think a few of you need to take a leaf out of Micheal Bergs book - a man who has closer ties to this situation than any of you can imagine


care to explain what you're talking about?
__________________
Irvine511 is offline  
Old 06-08-2006, 12:48 PM   #52
Blue Crack Addict
 
U2democrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: England by way of 'Murica.
Posts: 22,140
Local Time: 02:23 PM
__________________
U2democrat is offline  
Old 06-08-2006, 01:00 PM   #53
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: The American Resistance
Posts: 4,754
Local Time: 08:23 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Irvine511





(one moronic comment deserves another)
Sorry, forgot.
No levity in FYM unless it's directed at Pat Robertson.
My bad.

Some of us are going to have a great day today.
__________________
INDY500 is offline  
Old 06-08-2006, 01:08 PM   #54
Blue Crack Addict
 
phanan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: in the darkness on the edge of town
Posts: 25,064
Local Time: 09:23 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by INDY500

Some of us are going to have a great day today.
__________________
phanan is online now  
Old 06-08-2006, 01:24 PM   #55
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 30,499
Local Time: 09:23 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by INDY500


Sorry, forgot.
No levity in FYM unless it's directed at Pat Robertson.
My bad.


or HRC. or Ted Kennedy.

it simply wasn't funny, particularly in light of earlier comments in the thread by AchtungBono that i, and others, had stated were particularly offensive.

i'm sure you were joking, but the joke suffers from rather poor timing.
__________________
Irvine511 is offline  
Old 06-08-2006, 01:30 PM   #56
Blue Crack Addict
 
nbcrusader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Southern California
Posts: 22,071
Local Time: 06:23 AM
Oh, come on. This is political commentary. I can't believe someone took it as personally offensive.

You have often suggested that others look to be offended. Is this not the case here as well?
__________________
nbcrusader is offline  
Old 06-08-2006, 01:43 PM   #57
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 30,499
Local Time: 09:23 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by nbcrusader
Oh, come on. This is political commentary. I can't believe someone took it as personally offensive.

You have often suggested that others look to be offended. Is this not the case here as well?


go back and read the thread and the specific posts i am referencing. i said, specifically, that i was offended by one particular post that said if you are anti-war than you are pro-insurgent.

and don't take my post (riposte) more seriously than it deserves to be taken.
__________________
Irvine511 is offline  
Old 06-08-2006, 01:44 PM   #58
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
ouizy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: s p o r a t i c
Posts: 3,788
Local Time: 09:23 AM
This is all well and good but the friggin market is still down.
__________________
ouizy is offline  
Old 06-08-2006, 01:47 PM   #59
Blue Crack Addict
 
nbcrusader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Southern California
Posts: 22,071
Local Time: 06:23 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Irvine511
go back and read the thread and the specific posts i am referencing. i said, specifically, that i was offended by one particular post that said if you are anti-war than you are pro-insurgent.
I know you were refering to the one post. Subsequent responses were able to articulate why the statement was not correct.

It was not personal. It was not offensive.
__________________
nbcrusader is offline  
Old 06-08-2006, 01:52 PM   #60
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 30,499
Local Time: 09:23 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by nbcrusader


I know you were refering to the one post. Subsequent responses were able to articulate why the statement was not correct.

It was not personal. It was not offensive.


i never said it was personal. the original comment remains offensive. invoking Hollywood as mournful of the death of one of the worst people on earth is also offensive, not terribly so, but not a particularly well-timed joke.
__________________

__________________
Irvine511 is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com