MSNBC reports Al-Zarqawi killed in Iraq - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 06-08-2006, 06:21 AM   #16
Refugee

Local Time: 11:16 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by CKONE
excuse my ignorance but is this the man that fronts one of the terrorist groups that have kidnapped and executed people and then sent the tapes of the killings out?

was it him that killed the English woman who had lived in Iraq for about 25 years running a charity looking after iraqi children?

good riddance but i am sure there are many to take his place as the country spirals into self destruction.
Yes its the same monster.

I hope his death was very painful and that he died in agony. I also hope that they put his body on public display like Mussolini at the end of WWII.

Well, at least now he can join the 9/11 hijackers for drinks in hell - hoping they'll save a spot for Bin Laden as well.

P.S.: This reply is dedicated to Nick Berg and the other innocent victims of Zarqawi's butchery.......

REST IN PIECES.........

Old 06-08-2006, 06:26 AM   #17
Acrobat

Quote:
Originally posted by AchtungBono

Yes its the same monster.

I hope his death was very painful and that he died in agony. I also hope that they put his body on public display like Mussolini at the end of WWII.

Well, at least now he can join the 9/11 hijackers for drinks in hell - hoping they'll save a spot for Bin Laden as well.

P.S.: This reply is dedicated to Nick Berg and the other innocent victims of Zarqawi's butchery.......

REST IN PIECES.........
I struggle to believe in religion, any religion, but if he had a god and therefore an opposite to God I hope he languishes there and is punished for his crimes against people and humanity.

Did I read somewhere that there was a £25 million ransom for him? One of his trusted men is probably about to be living a life of luxury. Thats loyalty for you

Old 06-08-2006, 06:27 AM   #18
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 09:16 AM
A more positive development is the word that the Iraqi cabinet is finally going to be filled, steps forward for a free and stable Iraq.
Old 06-08-2006, 06:33 AM   #19
Acrobat

Quote:
Originally posted by A_Wanderer
A more positive development is the word that the Iraqi cabinet is finally going to be filled, steps forward for a free and stable Iraq.
Its a lovely idea but I cant see it happening in my lifetime (btw I reckon I have about 30 years left in me if I am lucky!).
Old 06-08-2006, 06:35 AM   #20
Acrobat

Quote:
Originally posted by A_Wanderer
PS Nice Sig - Free Speech
Old 06-08-2006, 06:38 AM   #21
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 09:16 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by CKONE

Its a lovely idea but I cant see it happening in my lifetime (btw I reckon I have about 30 years left in me if I am lucky!).
The forces of Islamic theocracy are being brought to bear by the militias, it is these groups and not the salafist insurgency that represent the biggest threat to Iraqi democracy.
Old 06-08-2006, 06:40 AM   #22
Rock n' Roll Doggie

good job done ..
Old 06-08-2006, 08:16 AM   #23
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:16 PM
(AP) Al-Qaida in Iraq confirmed the death of its leader, Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, and vowed it will continue its "holy war" in a statement posted on the Web on Thursday.

"We want to give you the joyous news of the martyrdom of the mujahed sheik Abu Musab al-Zarqawi," said the statement, signed by "Abu Abdel-Rahman al-Iraqi," identified as the deputy "emir" or leader of al-Qaida in Iraq.

"The death of our leaders is life for us. It will only increase our persistence in continuing holy war so that the word of God will be supreme," it said.
Old 06-08-2006, 08:55 AM   #24
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by MrsSpringsteen
(AP) Al-Qaida in Iraq confirmed the death of its leader, Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, and vowed it will continue its "holy war" in a statement posted on the Web on Thursday.

"We want to give you the joyous news of the martyrdom of the mujahed sheik Abu Musab al-Zarqawi," said the statement, signed by "Abu Abdel-Rahman al-Iraqi," identified as the deputy "emir" or leader of al-Qaida in Iraq.

"The death of our leaders is life for us. It will only increase our persistence in continuing holy war so that the word of God will be supreme," it said.
I wish them many more deaths to celebrate......
Old 06-08-2006, 09:06 AM   #25
Blue Crack Addict

They displayed a photo, it's on cnn.com if anyone wants to see it
Old 06-08-2006, 09:35 AM   #26
you are what you is

Local Time: 12:16 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by MrsSpringsteen

that's frightening
Old 06-08-2006, 09:39 AM   #27
Blue Crack Distributor

this is obviously great news... it'll be very interesting to see what happens from here on out. i'd imagine there will be a rash of attacks in the short term, but this could be a massive blow in the long term.
Old 06-08-2006, 10:09 AM   #28
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by AchtungBono
I wonder if any anti-war activists will attend his funeral....

i find that very offensive.

being anti-war is not being pro-insurgent.
Old 06-08-2006, 10:15 AM   #29
Blue Crack Supplier

this is a good thing. no question. this was one of the worst men in the world.

i don't think it will matter too much tactically, since the insurgency is like a hydra and there are many who can take his place, but this is a big blow against the morale of the insurgents and a big boost to the morale of the occupiers and the Iraqi Army who have been saddled with a near-impossible task due to the ineptness of the current adminsitration.

other things i'm hearing on blogs was that it might have been locals who gave up his location. this strikes me as perhaps the most positive news. the only positive thing that has come out of this low-level Civil War is that it has unmasked the nihilism at the heart of Al-Qaeda and the sectarian militias.

now, this is Maliki's card to play -- can he use this to create a sense of unity and purpose and prevent the current slide towards anarchy?
Old 06-08-2006, 10:21 AM   #30
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Why did the US military frame the picture of his dead head in a nice golden wooden frame?

That is my question.

They should have made a collage on used toilet paper.