Mr. George W. Bush may go on to become one of our greatest Presidents of all time

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

the HORROR

The Fly
Detainee at the training camp for Liberals
It has occoured to me that G.W. Bush may go on to be one of our more significant leaders and he is well on our way.
Don't look at his unbelieveably HIGH approval ratings-higher than the last guy ever had. Look from your heart. Look for the conviction in his voice and in his eyes when he speaks. Look at what he is trying to do and keep in mind what he has to do.

From day one this man had adversity even in his victory, where cry-baby loser candidates and liberal media types accused him of cheating and then boldly announcd his legacy was tarnished and because of the controversey he would only be a one term guy. He took flak all summer long from other countries while trying to establish his own foreign policy within his system of beliefs and faith.

And since the tragic attack we have endured, he has risen as a tough, compassionent leader who is guided again by faith and will deliver the world from this particular enemy. And his ability to build the coalition of countries united to this charge is a far cry from anything we can remember.

To his benefit and ours as well, he has the credit of grand experience all around. He's a much brighter star than his father, but you can't count out the wartime victor experience of ol' dad. Dick Cheney and Colin Powell are as vital now as anyone who has ever filled their positions, and the rest of the cabinet benefits the mentorship of such stellar genuis ensuring greatness from all.

I'm not getting my information from any source other than my heart. I could go and type a 1000 word post that I read from some fanatic websight and bore the crap out of you all like opponents of this will do, but I want to give it to you straight. Those who follow politics won't be used to that until very recently.

Bless All
smile.gif

You Know, I think you are right, and the beautiful thing is.. THe American People think you are right, because those are their exact same thoughts...

W. HAs done an amazing job of actually De-Politicizing the Presidency.. He works with Liberals on programs, and He Works for the country.. Not for his own agenda, not for his own desire to 'CREATE A LEGACY', He works for us.

People see it, People Trust him, and People Believe in Him.

Well Said Horror,

L.Unplugged

Dearest the HORROR,

I would kiss you if I could, despite the fact that I find your name to be horribly obscene. Could you perhaps get one a bit more appropriate?

And I must register my disgust with the liberal media types as well. Recounts??? How "democratic," when our country is strictly a "republic." In fact, I think we should eliminate popular voting altogether. Our Founding Fathers had the insight to know that the public is stupid and not mentally capable of electing the right leader to run our Glorious Nation, and thus created the Electoral College. Unfortunately, with more government interference, many states are required to vote the way the popular vote states, which is a horrid infringement of their rights to vote according to conscience. It is my hope that, with the elimination of the popular vote, we'll assure Republican victory every time!

And I love G.W. Bush. He is my favorite president since Ronald Reagan, and, at this rate, he'll be even better than him. The way he subtlely finds a way to advance true Christian values is a God-send. Declaring that embryos are now covered under health insurance was a brilliant way to start the final destruction of abortion rights. Even better, the fact that the mother isn't covered prevents wasteful spending. Those lazy women...why don't they close their legs and get a real job???

And now that it is 2002, it is time to reevaluate welfare programs, where it is likely that Bush will send all welfare to his "faith-based programs," back to religion where it belongs. That way, we have the upper hand in converting the heathens. If they need money, they'll be more receptive to the Light. But I am concerned about the fact that non-Christian religions, like the Scientologists and the Roman Catholic Church, may end up with in charge of welfare. We need to find a way to ensure that only the True Christian Faiths are in charge of social welfare!

And the war on terrorism is a great way to start controlling the criminal element in this nation. I'm happy that the police now has easy access to all of our vital information and more, including what we purchase on our credit cards. What's brilliant is that anytime those liberal Commies speak up about it, they are rightfully called "terrorist sympathizers." Tell it like it is, Attorney General Ashcroft! And, contrary to what you might think, I'm hoping that Bush does rack up a several trillion dollar debt. Hopefully, it will drive interest rates up severely, so that I can put some of my billions in the banks. I'm sad that the stock market isn't doing so well anymore, but there's nothing like a prolonged pseudo-war to get the economy flowing. I mean, look at World War II? Got us right out of that Great Depression.

Like you, I only get this information from my heart, and, while I'm not the most eloquent of writers, I try and give it to you straight. Bless you, dearest the HORROR.
smile.gif

XOXO

Love, Whortense

------------------
~Whortense Wiffin
XI Comtess d'Enron and the conservative alter-ego of "melon"

Good job HORROR, it is nice to see somebody sticking up for our Pres.
smile.gif

Oh and LOL Whortense-I mean GOP Whortense
wink.gif
smile.gif

Approval ratings in the midst of a crisis don't mean much... the president who had the longest streak of high approval in crisis (40 weeks during the Gulf War) was George H. Bush - and he lost the re-election.

I think it is difficult to determine how history will rate a sitting president, particularly such a short way into his term.

OH, and LOL Whortense.

Carry on.
biggrin.gif

------------------
She's gonna dream up a world she wants to live in / She's gonna dream out loud.
Visit my web page at www.u2page.com

I agree, Horror, that Bush may well be considered one of THE greats as time marches on - certainly up there with Kennedy and Reagan, perhaps even in that rarefied stratus of Washington, Lincoln, and FDR.

Time will tell, of course, but he's already showing the ONE thing that marks greatness: a concern for being good, not for being great.

Rather than worry about a legacy, or biting off more than he could chew, or harming his poll numbers later on, Bush has already made some very difficult choices and has already made one of the toughest any president could make:

He rightly announced that Iran, Iraq, and North Korea are an "Axis of Evil" and essentially told them to expect us.

He's not doing the easy thing, or the politcally correct thing, but I believe he's doing the right thing.

(Oh, and welcome to the forum, HORROR!)

[This message has been edited by Achtung Bubba (edited 02-09-2002).]

I haveyet to make up mind mind. I am waiting to see how W does on issues that are not related to the military. This country is in need of educational help. Since this was one of his platforms I am waiting to see what he does. Understandably, education was pushed aside during the latter part of last year. I am afraid with the worsening economy education issues will be further overlooked. Only time will tell. Furthermore, if people keep losing jobs and the downward cycle continues I don't believe W will go down as the greatest president.

Achtung Bubba,
Thank you for welcoming me here, you are the first! I appreciate another conservative point of view, as opposed to being spit at and laughed at without being listened to.

WildHoneyAlways,
The economy tanked well before he took office, and is already showing some signs of recovery.

National security is far more important than education, so I would give him more than "the latter part of last year" to work on it if necessary.

Achtung Bubba pointed out that he told Iraq, Iran, and N. Korea to expect us. That is HUGE. When a mini-crisis erupted in 1994 between us and N. Korea, Clintons' response was "we'll just go nuke'em".

Originally posted by GOP-Controlled Whortense:
Like you, I only get this information from my heart, and, while I'm not the most eloquent of writers, I try and give it to you straight. Bless you, dearest the HORROR.
smile.gif

XOXO

Love, Whortense

I must admit that sarcasm is my favorite form of humour... lol!

... Oh and Horror, even though I'm a registered Libertarian, I do completely agree with you!

Welcome to the forum HORROR!!!

Yes I too appreciate sarcasm.

Thank you for the welcome-all of you.

Whortense mentioned something about all of the liberal bashing going on in this forum recently, I must have missed it *sigh* for I feel like the lone ranger here
smile.gif

*O Conservative Brother, Where Art Thou?*
smile.gif

Originally posted by IvanClaytonJnr:
One more , G.W is a human , but it doesn't make him a great one , not yet .
Clinton was better

...Better at having a lot of his friends around him mysteriously turn up dead and better at selling nuclear secrets to the Chinese for campaign contributions....

Ohh back to the subject (I'm sorry to speak ill of Clinton-you brought him up)of President Bush, I sense you are giving him some credit by stating "...not yet...", that is why you really cannot say that ..."Clinton was better".

peace
smile.gif

Ok, by the risk of making a complete fool out of myself I will post on this thread.

First of all I have a question:
Does it count what the rest of the world thinks of him, or is his greatness meassured only in the eyes of the Americans?
Now someone might think that the rest of the world doesn?t matter on this question. But since the USA is very active in politics around the world I think it should count for something.

I don?t know much about American politics IN America, so I don?t have many arguments about how good or bad he is at that. But I do have an opinion about the man:
I dislike the man a lot, everytime I hear him adressing the nation it almost makes me shiver. He just doesn?t have that trustworthy appearance, and some of the comments he?ve said makes me wonder about the man. So maybe he will be considered one of the greatest Presidents IN the USA, but if the outside world has anything to say, I doubt he?ll even come close.

------------------
Olofski
SWEDEN
We move through miracle days Spirit moves in mysterious ways

Of course your opinion counts, just as the rest of the worlds is relevant as well.

But let me just ask one question; why would you dislike this guy so much if he is trying to rid the "entire world" of terrorism, not just america.

I don't really believe that the rest of the world dislikes him as much as you would indicate, we seem to have allies all over the place.

Lets focus more on the issue here and not the person; you say he dosen't have a trustworthy appearance. I'll say he is downright goofy at times and pray he dosen't get too tongue-twisted at those big addresses. The issue, however, will be his conviction to wipe away terror and evil for the entire world. Hopefully his legacy will show him successful.
smile.gif

Originally posted by the HORROR:

WildHoneyAlways,
The economy tanked well before he took office, and is already showing some signs of recovery.

National security is far more important than education, so I would give him more than "the latter part of last year" to work on it if necessary.

You are right. We should massive spending on National security so we can protect a nation of illiterate idiots. That makes sense right?
While National Security is critical, it is no more important than the future of the nation.
United States economy did not "tank" long before Bush took office either. A down period is expected after a high. However, I keep track of the markets and I have heard no analyist proclaim that economy is already recovering. If the economy was recovering then the stimulous package wouldn't be such a big issue.

Domestic - Don't know & obviously has no effect on me.
International - No. I don't think he's gonna leave the place in better shape then when he found it. Probably not even close. And you guys will notice it because you'll notice more 'anti-US' out there. Problem is the reason why I don't think he's that good is because I don't think he'd listen or would care. I just get the feeling he's too 'The US is right because the US is the US and thats the end of that.'

Having said that, take the politics away and have the guy over for a bbq and a beer (maybe not a beer for George) and I think he'd be an ok guy. (Bring your daughters George).

This author say?s Bush is a simpleton. He spent quite a bit of time with him. Maybe he knows something?

The United States is being led by a lowbrow from the upper-crust ghetto, largely unaware of culture ? high, pop and maybe even yogurt ? a forthcoming biography of President Bush says. New York Times reporter Frank Bruni, who was assigned to cover Bush during the 2000 presidential campaign and the first eight months of Bush's presidency, describes the 43rd President of the United States as affable and good-natured, but shallow and largely clueless about many aspects of the culture of the nation he heads.
Bruni's book, "Ambling into History," goes on sale March 5, and offers a behind-the-scenes glimpse into Bush's interaction with reporters on the campaign trail.
"At long last, the Republican Party had nominated its first baby boomer for the presidency, and the man they had chosen was no more culturally 'with it' than Bob Dole, the septuagenarian previous nominee, had been," Bruni writes.
Bush viewed the musical "Cats" as modern theater at its finest, Bruni writes, and openly admitted that martial artist Chuck Norris was his favorite film actor.

The candidate had never heard of actor Leonardo DiCaprio or television newscaster Stone Phillips ? despite the enormous nationwide exposure of both, Bruni writes.
Asked about HBO's smash hit "Sex and the City," Bush thought it was "an inquiry into his erotic and geographic whereabouts," Bruni writes.
Bush, who gets generally positive treatment from Bruni in the book, nonetheless comes off in parts as a stranger to America outside his own upper-class WASP background. When reporters on the campaign trail used words like "vegan" or "yenta," Bush had no idea what they were talking about, Bruni writes.

Bush bragged to sushi-eating reporters about how good his peanut butter sandwiches were. His snacks of choice on the campaign trail were Fritos and Cheez Doodles.
Though he wasn't familiar with DiCaprio's role in "Titanic," the highest-grossing film ever, Bush knew the "Austin Powers" movies inside out.
Bruni writes that Bush often lifted his pinkie to the corner of his mouth to mimic the Dr. Evil character in the Powers flicks.
Bush, a competitive and ordinarily focused politician, was nonetheless prone to distraction by trivial matters, Bruni writes.
On the night before the South Carolina primary, which Bush desperately needed to win to stop the momentum of Arizona Sen. John McCain, Bush spotted "an attractive brunette" slipping into the hotel room of campaign staffer Matthew Dowd.
Bush, "in a manner more voyeuristic and gossipy than judgmental," became obsessed with asking campaign officials whether Dowd's wife was with him on the trip. (She was.)
On one of the biggest nights in his political career, "Bush was focused on whether one of his deputies was having a little naughty extracurricular fun," Bruni writes.

Well, despite the very bumpy introduction you gave, where I questioned whether you were a troll or not, I welcome you as well, the HORROR.

I totally agree with this quote of yours, "Let's focus more on the issue here and not the person...," and I hope you stick true to that. Quite often, just mentioning a polarizing political figure, like Bill Clinton and George Bush, will just cling people to their ideological corners, with very little room to budge. However, when you mention the issues they may stand for, like campaign finance and the "war on terrorism," you may find better and far more fluid responses. You may find that people who are the quintessential "liberal" may actually have some common values, but you'll likely never see that mentioning the people behind them. Does this make any sense?

As for Dubya, it often isn't the fact that we disagree theoretically on everything; it is just that I question whether he is really sincere about it. Hence, I disapprove of him as president.

Melon

------------------
"He had lived through an age when men and women with energy and ruthlessness but without much ability or persistence excelled. And even though most of them had gone under, their ignorance had confused Roy, making him wonder whether the things he had striven to learn, and thought of as 'culture,' were irrelevant. Everything was supposed to be the same: commercials, Beethoven's late quartets, pop records, shopfronts, Freud, multi-coloured hair. Greatness, comparison, value, depth: gone, gone, gone. Anything could give some pleasure; he saw that. But not everything provided the sustenance of a deeper understanding." - Hanif Kureishi, Love in a Blue Time

the HORROR wrote:
But let me just ask one question; why would you dislike this guy so much if he is trying to rid the "entire world" of terrorism, not just america.

Ahhh that?s a tough one, and it?s almost impossible to find a strong argument against a post like that. And since I?m not in to American politics my opinion about the man might look a little bit shallow to you that really follow the man. But I agree with TylerDurden about how it doesn?t seem like he care about things that doesn?t have to do with the US. And it?s true about the Anti-US out there, it?s much bigger than 1 year ago.

I remember Bill Clinton visited Ireland and Northern-Ireland in February or March 2001. The welcome he got there from the PEOPLE was the welcoming of a hero. I doubt that George W Bush will ever get a welcoming like that in another country.

------------------
Olofski
SWEDEN
We move through miracle days Spirit moves in mysterious ways

Originally posted by Olofski:
I remember Bill Clinton visited Ireland and Northern-Ireland in February or March 2001. The welcome he got there from the PEOPLE was the welcoming of a hero. I doubt that George W Bush will ever get a welcoming like that in another country.

[/B]

Sadly to Say this is your loss.. I remember playing golf in BallyBunion on the old course, and when we were finished we walked around the town, and when we saw the STATUE of Bill CLinton, My father, and brother and I almost puked on the spot.. It was seriously a disgusting moment.. Still not overshadowing the amazing golf we just played however...

Clinton was no hero.

L.Unplugged

[This message has been edited by Lemonite (edited 02-11-2002).]

Originally posted by WildHoneyAlways:
You are right. We should massive spending on National security so we can protect a nation of illiterate idiots. That makes sense right?
While National Security is critical, it is no more important than the future of the nation.
United States economy did not "tank" long before Bush took office either. A down period is expected after a high. However, I keep track of the markets and I have heard no analyist proclaim that economy is already recovering. If the economy was recovering then the stimulous package wouldn't be such a big issue.

Well,
Of course education is important, but I wouldn't rank it above national security ever NEVER ever. Not even above health care. Being safe and healthy should be top priorities before any schooling.

I am relieved to see your intrest and dedication in this matter, we need a lot more people like you
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom