Mr. George W. Bush may go on to become one of our greatest Presidents of all time - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 02-09-2002, 10:12 AM   #1
Banned

Local Time: 01:38 AM
Mr. George W. Bush may go on to become one of our greatest Presidents of all time

It has occoured to me that G.W. Bush may go on to be one of our more significant leaders and he is well on our way.
Don't look at his unbelieveably HIGH approval ratings-higher than the last guy ever had. Look from your heart. Look for the conviction in his voice and in his eyes when he speaks. Look at what he is trying to do and keep in mind what he has to do.

From day one this man had adversity even in his victory, where cry-baby loser candidates and liberal media types accused him of cheating and then boldly announcd his legacy was tarnished and because of the controversey he would only be a one term guy. He took flak all summer long from other countries while trying to establish his own foreign policy within his system of beliefs and faith.

And since the tragic attack we have endured, he has risen as a tough, compassionent leader who is guided again by faith and will deliver the world from this particular enemy. And his ability to build the coalition of countries united to this charge is a far cry from anything we can remember.

To his benefit and ours as well, he has the credit of grand experience all around. He's a much brighter star than his father, but you can't count out the wartime victor experience of ol' dad. Dick Cheney and Colin Powell are as vital now as anyone who has ever filled their positions, and the rest of the cabinet benefits the mentorship of such stellar genuis ensuring greatness from all.

I'm not getting my information from any source other than my heart. I could go and type a 1000 word post that I read from some fanatic websight and bore the crap out of you all like opponents of this will do, but I want to give it to you straight. Those who follow politics won't be used to that until very recently.

Bless All

Old 02-09-2002, 10:56 AM   #2
I'm a chauvinist leprechaun

You Know, I think you are right, and the beautiful thing is.. THe American People think you are right, because those are their exact same thoughts...

W. HAs done an amazing job of actually De-Politicizing the Presidency.. He works with Liberals on programs, and He Works for the country.. Not for his own agenda, not for his own desire to 'CREATE A LEGACY', He works for us.

People see it, People Trust him, and People Believe in Him.

Well Said Horror,

L.Unplugged

Old 02-09-2002, 10:59 AM   #3
The Fly

Local Time: 09:38 PM
Dearest the HORROR,

I would kiss you if I could, despite the fact that I find your name to be horribly obscene. Could you perhaps get one a bit more appropriate?

And I must register my disgust with the liberal media types as well. Recounts??? How "democratic," when our country is strictly a "republic." In fact, I think we should eliminate popular voting altogether. Our Founding Fathers had the insight to know that the public is stupid and not mentally capable of electing the right leader to run our Glorious Nation, and thus created the Electoral College. Unfortunately, with more government interference, many states are required to vote the way the popular vote states, which is a horrid infringement of their rights to vote according to conscience. It is my hope that, with the elimination of the popular vote, we'll assure Republican victory every time!

And I love G.W. Bush. He is my favorite president since Ronald Reagan, and, at this rate, he'll be even better than him. The way he subtlely finds a way to advance true Christian values is a God-send. Declaring that embryos are now covered under health insurance was a brilliant way to start the final destruction of abortion rights. Even better, the fact that the mother isn't covered prevents wasteful spending. Those lazy women...why don't they close their legs and get a real job???

And now that it is 2002, it is time to reevaluate welfare programs, where it is likely that Bush will send all welfare to his "faith-based programs," back to religion where it belongs. That way, we have the upper hand in converting the heathens. If they need money, they'll be more receptive to the Light. But I am concerned about the fact that non-Christian religions, like the Scientologists and the Roman Catholic Church, may end up with in charge of welfare. We need to find a way to ensure that only the True Christian Faiths are in charge of social welfare!

And the war on terrorism is a great way to start controlling the criminal element in this nation. I'm happy that the police now has easy access to all of our vital information and more, including what we purchase on our credit cards. What's brilliant is that anytime those liberal Commies speak up about it, they are rightfully called "terrorist sympathizers." Tell it like it is, Attorney General Ashcroft! And, contrary to what you might think, I'm hoping that Bush does rack up a several trillion dollar debt. Hopefully, it will drive interest rates up severely, so that I can put some of my billions in the banks. I'm sad that the stock market isn't doing so well anymore, but there's nothing like a prolonged pseudo-war to get the economy flowing. I mean, look at World War II? Got us right out of that Great Depression.

Like you, I only get this information from my heart, and, while I'm not the most eloquent of writers, I try and give it to you straight. Bless you, dearest the HORROR.

XOXO

Love, Whortense

------------------
~Whortense Wiffin
XI Comtess d'Enron and the conservative alter-ego of "melon"
Old 02-09-2002, 11:07 AM   #4
I serve MacPhisto

Local Time: 07:38 PM
Good job HORROR, it is nice to see somebody sticking up for our Pres.

Oh and LOL Whortense-I mean GOP Whortense
Old 02-09-2002, 11:15 AM   #5
Refugee

Local Time: 08:38 PM
Approval ratings in the midst of a crisis don't mean much... the president who had the longest streak of high approval in crisis (40 weeks during the Gulf War) was George H. Bush - and he lost the re-election.

I think it is difficult to determine how history will rate a sitting president, particularly such a short way into his term.

OH, and LOL Whortense.

Carry on.

------------------
She's gonna dream up a world she wants to live in / She's gonna dream out loud.
Visit my web page at www.u2page.com
Old 02-09-2002, 12:48 PM   #6
Refugee

What a load of shit.

Ant.
Old 02-09-2002, 04:03 PM   #7
Refugee

Local Time: 08:38 PM
I agree, Horror, that Bush may well be considered one of THE greats as time marches on - certainly up there with Kennedy and Reagan, perhaps even in that rarefied stratus of Washington, Lincoln, and FDR.

Time will tell, of course, but he's already showing the ONE thing that marks greatness: a concern for being good, not for being great.

Rather than worry about a legacy, or biting off more than he could chew, or harming his poll numbers later on, Bush has already made some very difficult choices and has already made one of the toughest any president could make:

He rightly announced that Iran, Iraq, and North Korea are an "Axis of Evil" and essentially told them to expect us.

He's not doing the easy thing, or the politcally correct thing, but I believe he's doing the right thing.

(Oh, and welcome to the forum, HORROR!)

[This message has been edited by Achtung Bubba (edited 02-09-2002).]
Old 02-09-2002, 04:31 PM   #8
I'm a chauvinist leprechaun

Quote:
Originally posted by Anthony:
What a load of shit.

Ant.
Spoken with the Eloquence only a True Brit could Spew.

L.Unplugged

Old 02-09-2002, 05:52 PM   #9
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 07:38 PM
I haveyet to make up mind mind. I am waiting to see how W does on issues that are not related to the military. This country is in need of educational help. Since this was one of his platforms I am waiting to see what he does. Understandably, education was pushed aside during the latter part of last year. I am afraid with the worsening economy education issues will be further overlooked. Only time will tell. Furthermore, if people keep losing jobs and the downward cycle continues I don't believe W will go down as the greatest president.
Old 02-09-2002, 06:21 PM   #10
Banned

Achtung Bubba,
Thank you for welcoming me here, you are the first! I appreciate another conservative point of view, as opposed to being spit at and laughed at without being listened to.

WildHoneyAlways,
The economy tanked well before he took office, and is already showing some signs of recovery.

National security is far more important than education, so I would give him more than "the latter part of last year" to work on it if necessary.

Achtung Bubba pointed out that he told Iraq, Iran, and N. Korea to expect us. That is HUGE. When a mini-crisis erupted in 1994 between us and N. Korea, Clintons' response was "we'll just go nuke'em".
Old 02-09-2002, 08:54 PM   #11
The Fly

haha ha ha ha ha. This is a joke thread isn't it?
Old 02-09-2002, 09:01 PM   #12
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by Lemonite:
Spoken with the Eloquence only a True Brit could Spew.
L.Unplugged
Not only eloquence, but wit too.

Ant.
Old 02-10-2002, 12:48 AM   #13
Banned

whooa , is it a little bit too early for that , in the end only history will judge him ( 20 years later maybe 1 hundred ) .
Old 02-10-2002, 01:39 AM   #14
The Fly

Local Time: 05:38 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by GOP-Controlled Whortense:
Like you, I only get this information from my heart, and, while I'm not the most eloquent of writers, I try and give it to you straight. Bless you, dearest the HORROR.

XOXO

Love, Whortense

I must admit that sarcasm is my favorite form of humour... lol!

... Oh and Horror, even though I'm a registered Libertarian, I do completely agree with you!

Welcome to the forum HORROR!!!

Old 02-10-2002, 08:49 AM   #15
Banned

Yes I too appreciate sarcasm.

Thank you for the welcome-all of you.

Whortense mentioned something about all of the liberal bashing going on in this forum recently, I must have missed it *sigh* for I feel like the lone ranger here

*O Conservative Brother, Where Art Thou?*