Mr. Bush - Missing in Action? - Page 5 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 09-11-2004, 12:17 PM   #61
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:03 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Scarletwine

So in light of his intellectual capability

Quote:
Listeners Notice a Few 'Flaws' in Bush's Campaign Speeches

From a Times Staff Writer

September 7, 2004

POPLAR BLUFF, Mo. — President Bush's bout with the English language continued Monday, when he offered a surprising explanation of what gynecologists might do with their patients if not for pesky malpractice lawsuits.

"Too many good docs are getting out of business," Bush said. "Too many OB-GYNS aren't able to practice their love with women all across this country."

It's not clear what Bush meant to say, but it was presumed that he misspoke. The statement came as he attacked his Democratic opponents, Sens. John F. Kerry and John Edwards, for siding with trial lawyers over doctors in the battle to limit lawsuits.

Bush has a well-known history of such gaffes and poked fun at his own verbal "flaws" during his speech last week at the Republican National Convention.

The "love" reference followed another bit of odd phrasing two days earlier during a Saturday speech at an Erie, Pa., football stadium. There, he was explaining last year's $87-billion appropriation for "armor and body parts and ammunition and fuel" for Iraq and Afghanistan.

He did not intend to be macabre. Bush simply flubbed his usual line, explaining that the money was intended for — among other things — body armor and spare parts.

Old 09-11-2004, 04:31 PM   #62
Blue Crack Addict

Interesting. I think it is more a commentary of where the American mind is when you look for the suggestive interpretation instead of understanding that an OB-GYN may love their job.

Old 09-11-2004, 05:06 PM   #63
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:03 AM
Yeah, they naturally want to make a "sensation" out of a simple mistake. This is an easy one to do it with.
Old 09-11-2004, 06:04 PM   #64
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally posted by Jamila
Folks - you're not seeing the forest for the trees.

The MOST IMPORTANT thing to remember is that GEORGE BUSH or DICK CHENEY NEVER FOUGHT IN VIETNAM, never had to face the gruesomeness of that situation, because they were able to find every loophole to keep them out of that situation.

John Kerry could have used his upper class background to stay out of 'Nam too, but JOHN KERRY CHOSE TO GO TO VIETNAM AND SERVE HIS COUNTRY HONORABLY.

Those Purple Hearts he was given were legitably won - Kerry could have lost his life fighting alongside his compatriots.

WHERE WAS GEORGE BUSH during this time? In an airplane somewhere trying to figure out how the darned thing worked!

Some intellectual thinker! Some great leader of moral courage!

I really want to trust my future to someone who would try to find every loophole to wriggle out of responsibility.

And someone who is so morally challenged that he never took his flying test - undoubtedly because he wasn't sure he wouldn't crash the thing.

John Kerry served his country out of his choice and sense of duty to his countrymen. George Bush and Dick Cheney were MIA becuase they had NO SENSE OF DUTY TO SERVE THEIR COUNTRY.

They were only interested in serving themselves - then as today.

I'm sorry if the truth offends.
Dick Cheney has served this country, perhaps not in the armed forces but he has indeed served this country and most people currently in the military would vote for him rather than John Kerry who attacked his country, grossly attacked the veterans of Vietnam, attempted to cut and cancel virtually every major weapon system the military uses today and voted to allow Saddam's military remain in control of KUWAIT in 1991! Thats the truth! Oh and I would call being President and Vice President of this great country to be service! Dick Cheney was also perhaps the best Secretery of Defense this country ever had.
Old 09-12-2004, 12:21 PM   #65
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
"I am angry that so many sons of the powerful and well-placed managed to wangle slots in Reserve and National Guard units," wrote Powell, a 35-year career soldier and four-star general who was chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff under Bush's father, former President Bush and Democrat Bill Clinton.
Old 09-12-2004, 01:30 PM   #66
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally posted by deep
Regardless if that is a real quote by Powell, who did Powell choose to work with 4 years ago?
Old 09-12-2004, 03:42 PM   #67
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by STING2

Regardless if that is a real quote by Powell,

see paragraph six
Old 09-12-2004, 04:30 PM   #68
Refugee

Location: on a one of these small green spots at that blue planet at the end of the milky way
Local Time: 09:03 AM
*lol*
Quote:
"The last thing I am going to do is get involved in this debate about who did what when, and who earned what where and who was where when," Powell said.
Well i guess with his "accidential" comment some lines above

Quote:
"I am angry that so many sons of the powerful and well-placed managed to wangle slots in Reserve and National Guard units,"
He made his point and refuses any more comments

So anyone surprised that Mr. Powell is angry? I think it's a good reason to become angry when the families of the powerful and well-placed are not equaly treated like the Average american people.
Old 09-12-2004, 08:07 PM   #69
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally posted by deep

see paragraph six
Did you happen to see this quote:

And President Bush and Senator Kerry volunteered to serve their nation under the policies that were in place. And both served honorably and both were discharged honorably."

I also asked you a question, who did Colin Powell choose to serve four years ago? That action speeks volumes about how Powell thinks and feels about all these issues.
Old 09-12-2004, 08:08 PM   #70
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally posted by Klaus
*lol*

Well i guess with his "accidential" comment some lines above

He made his point and refuses any more comments

So anyone surprised that Mr. Powell is angry? I think it's a good reason to become angry when the families of the powerful and well-placed are not equaly treated like the Average american people.
Who does Mr. Powell serve and support for the Presidency of the United States? Thats really all you need to know.
Old 09-12-2004, 08:12 PM   #71
New Yorker

Local Time: 03:03 AM
I'm sure Colin Powell is like most of us -- he's not basing his decision to serve with Bush on one factor. I'm not voting against Bush just because he served in TANG while John Kerry went to Vietnam. Kerry's war record is only a small reason I'm voting for him. I mainly support Kerry because of issues such as the economy, health care, the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan and how those have hurt our standing in the international community.
Old 09-13-2004, 02:09 AM   #72
Refugee

Location: on a one of these small green spots at that blue planet at the end of the milky way
Quote:
Originally posted by STING2

Who does Mr. Powell serve and support for the Presidency of the United States? Thats really all you need to know.
With this in mind his comments are even more interesting.
Old 09-14-2004, 05:54 AM   #73
Blue Crack Addict

Shame on CBS

Expert cited by CBS didn't verify papers

Quote:
The lead expert retained by CBS News to examine disputed memos from President Bush's former squadron commander in the National Guard said yesterday that he examined only the late officer's signature and made no attempt to authenticate the documents themselves.
Too bad a new outlet has become part of the Kerry campaign effort.....
Old 09-14-2004, 09:50 AM   #74
Blue Crack Supplier

Re: Shame on CBS

Quote:
Originally posted by nbcrusader
Expert cited by CBS didn't verify papers

Too bad a new outlet has become part of the Kerry campaign effort.....
I wouldn't say that CBS has become part of the Kerry campaign effort. It's more a case of extra sloppy, extra sensasionalist journalism.
Old 09-14-2004, 10:10 AM   #75
New Yorker

Local Time: 03:03 AM
They haven't conclusively found that they are forgeries.

The typewriters of the day had that kind of type. My understanding is they are still working on verifying their authenticity.