Moussaoui is a Bastard!!!!!!!! - Page 7 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-03-2006, 07:31 PM   #91
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:56 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by MacHat
Good decision, killing him would just make him a martyr
Except now he might be considered trade bait for future terrorist/hostage situations. There is no "win" with Moussaoui.

Old 05-03-2006, 07:43 PM   #92
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 09:56 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Justin24
I was over at Drudge (yes he is not very popular around here) and they are saying it will be Death for Moussoui.
Maybe this is why we don't like Drudge...

Old 05-03-2006, 08:49 PM   #93
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 10:56 PM
I hope he enjoys his time in Federal "pound me in the ass" prison.
Old 05-04-2006, 01:51 AM   #94
Refugee

Local Time: 03:56 AM
I understand the desire to unleash our anger over acts of terrorism. From everything I've read about him there is no way this man can be mentally healthy. Let's remember that.
It's easy to blame a specific, crazy man for 9/11, but let's remember had our government been doing it's job (translating intercepted conversations, paying attention to memos etc) 9/11 could've been prevented.
Please don't see this as me saying the guy should be freed. I think he should be locked away, receiving mental attention. He's a danger to society.
Old 05-04-2006, 03:24 AM   #95
Refugee

(without reading the other replies)

I'm very glad that Moussaoui got life in prison. That way he'll live to see the victory of the allies in Iraq, the capture of Bin Laden and the downfall of Al-Qaida.

Besides somehow I get the feeling that his prison term will be very short.....mainly that he'll find himself at the wrong end of a shiv......
Old 05-04-2006, 03:44 AM   #96
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 01:56 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Irvine511
there was no "winning" or "losing" with this schizophrenic loser. the death penalty would have served no purpose whatsoever here.

he won't last long in jail.
There is an obligation to keep him protected one way or another.
Old 05-04-2006, 10:53 AM   #97
Blue Crack Supplier

i am also proud of my country.

a murderous, batshit insane, delusional thug was given a fair trial and due process. the rule of law was followed.

this is how we beat them, and this is why Moussaoui lost. we did not stoop to his level. we didn't assign the death penalty out of (understandable) rage or revenge or some sense of eye-for-an-eye justice. that's what they would have wanted. we won by sticking to our laws and way of life and demonstrated just why we will win this battle with this particular murderous fringe: our ideas are simply better.

and it makes our failures in the GWOT, our stooping to their level as seen in Abu Ghraib and Guantanamo and the suspension of civil liberties here in the US, the bullying, the contempt for the rest of the world, the with-us-or-against-us mentality, seem all that much worse.
Old 05-04-2006, 02:07 PM   #98
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 09:56 PM
Masterfully carried out. I even heard someone called him an "Al-Qaeda wannabee." I thought that was great for this guy´s pride.
Old 05-04-2006, 04:48 PM   #99
Blue Crack Addict

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20060504/D8HD3LC01.html

Awesome, leave it to a woman judge to put a terrorist in his place

ALEXANDRIA, Va. (AP) - U.S. Judge Leonie Brinkema sent Zacarias Moussaoui to prison for life Thursday, to "die with a whimper," for his role in the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks. The convicted terrorist declared: "God save Osama bin Laden - you will never get him."

Brinkema firmly refused to be interrupted by the 37-year-old defendant as she disputed his declaration from a day earlier: "America, you lost. ... I won."

"Mr. Moussaoui, when this proceeding is over, everyone else in this room will leave to see the sun ... hear the birds ... and they can associate with whomever they want," she said.

She went on: "You will spend the rest of your life in a supermax prison. It's absolutely clear who won."

And she said it was proper he will be kept away from outsiders, unable to speak publicly again.

"Mr. Moussaoui, you came here to be a martyr in a great big bang of glory," she said, "but to paraphrase the poet T.S. Eliot, instead you will die with a whimper."

At that point, Moussaoui tried again to interrupt her, but she raised her voice and spoke over him."

from Yahoo

"Moussaoui sat in his chair staring at Dolan and the other family witnesses, Rosemary Dillard and Abraham Scott, betraying no emotion as they spoke.

He responded directly to them in his speech, referring first to Dillard, who spoke of losing her husband, Eddie, in the Pentagon attack. "She said I destroyed a life and she lost a husband," Moussaoui said. "Maybe one day she can think about how many people the
CIA has destroyed. ... You have a hypocrisy beyond belief. Your humanity is a selective humanity. Only you suffer."

Scott, who attended much of the trial, said after the hearing that Moussaoui's antics over the last two months irritated him. "It was extremely hard listening to him and not jumping over that little (courtroom) fence and doing bodily harm to him. Not kill him, just bodily harm."

Moussaoui walked into the courtroom flashing a victory sign.

"You have branded me as a terrorist or a criminal or whatever," he said. "Look at yourselves. I fight for my belief." He spoke for less than five minutes; the judge told him he could not use his sentencing to make a political speech. He concluded: "God save Osama bin Laden — you will never get him."

Moussaoui said he kept his speech short because America doesn't want to listen. "You wasted an opportunity to learn why people like me, like (9/11 hijacker) Mohamed Atta, have so much hatred of you. ... If you don't want to hear, you will feel" pain. "
Old 05-04-2006, 05:20 PM   #100
Refugee

I agree with Irvine511, this is how we win struggle against terrorism - not by exacting revenge, but seeking justice.
Old 05-04-2006, 06:02 PM   #101
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by Irvine511
i am also proud of my country.

a murderous, batshit insane, delusional thug was given a fair trial and due process. the rule of law was followed.
He is not crazy.
Old 05-05-2006, 04:18 AM   #102
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by A_Wanderer
He is not crazy.
Are you? Have you seen this guy talk? Have you read the words he's uttered? He is not sane. Any pop psychologist could get that one right.
Old 05-05-2006, 04:30 AM   #103
ONE
love, blood, life

No, he is a Islamic literalist and he wants to fight the unbelievers into submission, until the whole world is under the rule of Allah through a clerical class. He is a believer, not a madman and should be treated as such - it is the common thread between the attacks in Bali, London, Madrid, Casablanca, Saudi Arabia and September 11, the attackers all subscribed to an ideology, one that is a one product of the Islamic religion. There are many excuses for terrorism in the world, but the justifications of terrorism by Muslims is invariably scripture. I am not saying that all Muslims are terrorists.
Old 05-05-2006, 04:35 AM   #104
Jesus Online

Local Time: 02:56 PM
is it rational and sane to hate that much? a balanced and healthy mind cannot go to those depths of hate and excessiveness. a sane person cannot carry out cold and premeditated mass killings for something as intangible as a belief or faith.
Old 05-05-2006, 04:41 AM   #105
ONE
love, blood, life

To a western atheist/agnostic perspective in a culture of watered down and frankly impotent Christianity faith is intangiable and means piss all - but to these blokes it is their cause to be, they are their Gods subordinates and they believe he has given them the plan for the world. Everybody is just to themselves and to the innocent, what defines innocent is the variable.