Motion to recognize "Quebecers" a nation--any thoughts?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
oceane said:
Yeah I am still in The Gambia. It's quite a nice place to live I must say, very easy going and I am 10 minutes walk from the beach:wink: That being said I prefer Senegal in many ways, more interesting culturally and politically. I am planning to visit Mali in the coming months, I heard great things about it!

Awesome! Definitely drop me a pm if you want any suggestions on places to see, etc. I hope you'll go to Dogon!

No worries, J :D I wasn't necessarily making a declaration, I was playing on the fact that you assumed I'm NOT Québécoise based on where I currently live and my accent. For what it's worth, I am one generation removed from pure laine on one side, first generation Canadian on the other (a Brit parent).

ladywithspinninghead said:
On a different note, those who held the largest party Saturday night wasn't Dion and his people but the separatists in Quebec...

:|

He's also already managed to completely ostracize Albertans with talk of taxing the oil fields.

well regardless, dion is no idiot despite what many say, and i hope he gets a fair crack at it.

anitram said:

No, Alberta's attempt passed, the issue was that Marriage and Divorce fall under federal jurisdiction. It may sound like semantics but it isn't. A good way of seeing the difference between this and an actual failed attempt is to look at Alberta's 1998 effort to override shield legislation.

I think you're picking for a snowball fight. :angry:

It is partly semantics, Anitram. The critical point is that the notwithstanding clause has not been used, thankfully, to the extent that was once predicted 26 years ago. I think this fact speaks volumes on the overwhelming sense of social values that Canadians (including Quebeckers) share.

BonoManiac said:
Hey has anyone seen Jack Layton's big ass Freudian slip? I find it very amusing!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7bkaMAyZAM

:lol:

I keep replaying it to see the reactions of the members behind Layton.

Back
Top Bottom