Mother Of Soldier Killed In Iraq Heckles Laura Bush

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
AcrobatMan said:
:down:

Why did she allow her son to be in military/army in the 1st place ?

So his death is her fault?

Most likely he was an adult who could make his own decisions. Regardless of what their parents might feel about the war and their tragic childrens' deaths, I'm quite certain they are incredibly proud of their children, as they have every right to be.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
yayyy let's interupt the first lady because she had a lot to do with what you're protesting against!

[/sarcasm]:madspit:

The first lady was there representing what the woman was protesting against.

Whether you sympathise with the woman or not is another thing.

i'm just tired of these people who feel the need to interrupt people while they speak... we get it, ok... you're not happy. you want change? rally people to vote him out in november. there's your ultimate protest.

I agree.

I am in full sympathy with the woman who lost a son and spoke out at the rally.

Laura Bush could have expressed her sympathy, thanked the woman for her son's bravery, even asked her to come up front and given her a hug. She didn't. Why not? Oh...that wasn't in the script Karl Rove wrote for her before the event!

Sorry for the bit of sarcasm there, but I just can't believe that people can't understand the need to speak out for a woman who has gone through the worst experience a mother can go through--the death of a child. She is obviously grieving. And the Bush Regime, by sending this country into war under false pretenses, created the situation that killed her son.

Re: Union Thugs do Edwards work

nbcrusader said:
Democrat supporters make 3-year old cry

Okay, this was mostly sarcastic. This campaign will be filled with unpleasant little stories of our general incivility.

While the 3-year-old is an innocent victim, her dad and possibly her brother aren't.

http://rising-hegemon.blogspot.com/2004/09/bogus-assault-father-freeper-of-year.html

But I'm sure the child's tears about having her sign ripped up were just as real as those shed by the mom whose son was killed.

But her son made a choice to fight there. All of the soldiers and marines I know are fully supportive of Bush and this war. It doesn't mean it's right, but these guys believe 110% in what they're doing. One of the guys I know was driving a truck that was hit with a bomb and he had head and arm injuries from the shrapnel. They sent him home b/c he can hardly move his arm. He's not blaming anyone...in fact, he sorta feels like a failure b/c he didn't complete his mission. He wants to go back. Is this anyone else's choice but his?

Diane L said:
Laura Bush could have expressed her sympathy, thanked the woman for her son's bravery, even asked her to come up front and given her a hug. She didn't. Why not?

Because she wasn't looking for sympathy. She was there to make a political point. If it were not the mother of the deceased soldier, we would say that they were exploiting his death.

Re: Re: Re: Union Thugs do Edwards work

nbcrusader said:

Now blogs are sources of "truth" ??

I am sure you can find a blog to say whatever you want on any issue.

:rolleyes:

Is the Washington Times a source of truth?

I have far more respect for Fox News than I do for the Washington Times. Don't question my source on this story when your own is hardly above reproach.

ThatGuy said:
Don't question my source on this story when your own is hardly above reproach.

Blogs are opinions. It is like expert testimony in lawsuits. You can buy the opinion you want.

The Washington Times reported on a factual matter, which apparently is not being disputed.

Then what in the blog are you disputing, the opinion of the blogger? Does that change the facts presented?

Just because a blog says something doesn't mean it is automatically untrue. This little girl's dad has pulled stunts like this before, and this fact has been backed up by newspaper accounts written at that time. See atrios.blogspot.com for more information on this.

And NBC, I still think it would have been a decent thing for Laura Bush to express her sympathy for that mother. If the woman refused this gesture, at least Laura would have looked like a compassionate, caring human being...an opportunity to show this caring to others.

nbcrusader said:

Blogs are opinions. It is like expert testimony in lawsuits. You can buy the opinion you want.

The Washington Times reported on a factual matter, which apparently is not being disputed.

Just out of curiousity, does this mean if I witness something and later write about it in my blog, its just my opinion? But if a journalist witnesses the exact same thing, its factual?

ThatGuy said:
Then what in the blog are you disputing, the opinion of the blogger? Does that change the facts presented?

The blog sites news reports of other rallies the dad has peacefully attended (and been attacked).

But it also suggests that this was staged by the family.

Since you posted the blog to discredit the dad, it should be based on more than the conspiracy theories of a blogger.

Bono's American Wife said:

Just out of curiousity, does this mean if I witness something and later write about it in my blog, its just my opinion? But if a journalist witnesses the exact same thing, its factual?

Read the linked blog and you can readily tell the difference between quoted material and blogger opinion.

Given the ability to misstate, exaggerate or fabricate, anecdotal tales are, unfortunately, of minimal use.

And given CBS’s behavior of late, journalist's reports are questionable as well.

Last edited:
Isn't anyone dissing this mom going to at least allow that she's probably very distraught over her son's death? I sincerely doubt that, when her son died, she thought, "Oh, goody, now I can make a kick-ass political statement."

nbcrusader said:

The blog sites news reports of other rallies the dad has peacefully attended (and been attacked).

But it also suggests that this was staged by the family.

Since you posted the blog to discredit the dad, it should be based on more than the conspiracy theories of a blogger.

I don't think that protesters who show up at opposing campaign stops get attacked too often, but somehow this guy has three times in three different election cycles. Also, amazingly, he got press coverage all three times. I guess you think that's a coincidence, or that Democrats are really violent. Is there an explanation that I'm missing?

I'd also like to mention that this guy has proved what a class act he is with the "Vince Foster" signs and by the fact that he took his three year old daughter to a protest. :up:

Last edited:
I for one wouldn't presume to make any judgments about this woman until I was in her shoes.

Look at the man who was so grief stricken that he set the Marine van on fire and burned himself..

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
But her son made a choice to fight there. All of the soldiers and marines I know are fully supportive of Bush and this war. It doesn't mean it's right, but these guys believe 110% in what they're doing.

I think it's kinda obvious that more people who join the military in the first place are more apt to side with Bush and his type than those who do not join the military. They would side with him whether they were in the military or not.

i'm just tired of these people who feel the need to interrupt people while they speak... we get it, ok... you're not happy. you want change? rally people to vote him out in november. there's your ultimate protest.

AAAaaaahhhh....yes....

ANd how about those Thugs from Tom Delay's and other neo-cons congressional offices who were paid to go down to Florida, pretend they were outraged 'Locals' ran through the buiding/offices where the official revoting count was taking place.....banging on windows, shouting,getting intothe room and I believe some assaulting or knocked down onew [at least} of the counters observers

what your 'excuse' for that Undemocratic, Fascist-like behavoir, Huh?

they shut down the recount, those pigs!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom