Mother Of Soldier Killed In Iraq Heckles Laura Bush - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 09-19-2004, 03:44 PM   #46
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 09:32 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by BrownEyedBoy
Yes. It would've not been Bush's fault.
Her son was not killed by Bush, he was killed by a terrorist in Iraq.

Old 09-19-2004, 08:37 PM   #47
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 03:32 AM
I think it took TREMENDOUS COURAGE for mrs. Niederer to do what she did!

I wish more of us had the guts to stand up for the things that we believe in this "peer pressure' society. We might have a better and more morally honest country.

NO ONE has the right to criticize the loss of this mother - not unless they have had a similar loss in the Iraq conflict. No one knows the pain she is going through right now.

Let alone Laura Bush. How many children does she have risking their lives in Iraq? If the answer is none, IT IS TIME FOR THE FIRST FAMILY TO LISTEN TO OTHER AMERICANS INSTEAD OF ALWAYS MORALIZING TO US.

Walk a mile in someone else's shoes, Mrs. Bush and family.

Old 09-19-2004, 09:15 PM   #48
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally posted by Jamila

I wish more of us had the guts to stand up for the things that we believe in this "peer pressure' society. We might have a better and more morally honest country.

NO ONE has the right to criticize the loss of this mother - not unless they have had a similar loss in the Iraq conflict. No one knows the pain she is going through right now.

Let alone Laura Bush. How many children does she have risking their lives in Iraq? If the answer is none, IT IS TIME FOR THE FIRST FAMILY TO LISTEN TO OTHER AMERICANS INSTEAD OF ALWAYS MORALIZING TO US.

Mrs. Niederer is not the only American that has lost someone in Iraq and definitely is not the only American that has someone serving in Iraq. These other Americans, many who have a different view point from Mrs. Niederer deserve to have their opinions viewed and seen, just as much as she does.
Old 09-20-2004, 05:39 AM   #49
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:32 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Jamila

You obviously have no idea about being President and some of the difficult tasks and duties they face.
Old 09-20-2004, 05:41 AM   #50
pax
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 05:32 AM
Well, Bush obviously has no idea of the dangers and risks of being in combat, either.

Join Amnesty.
Old 09-20-2004, 07:29 AM   #51
New Yorker

Local Time: 04:32 AM
It's interesting to see how parents are reacting to Iraq compared to Afghanistan. There was several parents here in NYC a few weeks ago during the United for Peace and Justice protest. And F9/11, as much as you may or may not agree with it, has a woman whose son died in Iraq and she holds Bush responsible. It seems that parents whose sons and daughters died in Iraq are much more vocal against the war than those whose children died in Afghanistan. Does anyone else find this? I think it's a real comment on how parents feel with their children in either place.
Old 09-20-2004, 04:16 PM   #52
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally posted by paxetaurora
Well, Bush obviously has no idea of the dangers and risks of being in combat, either.
You could make that same poor remark about these Presidents as well.

Abraham Lincoln Civil War
Woodrow Wilson World War I
Franklin Roosevelt World War II

Bush has met with more families who have lost loved ones in Iraq than any other leader in this country. He has held the infants of soldiers that have been killed in combat. I'd say that he is just as well informed and understanding of the risk and loss of combat as the above three presidents were as well as Bill Clinton too.
Old 09-20-2004, 04:20 PM   #53
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally posted by sharky
It's interesting to see how parents are reacting to Iraq compared to Afghanistan. There was several parents here in NYC a few weeks ago during the United for Peace and Justice protest. And F9/11, as much as you may or may not agree with it, has a woman whose son died in Iraq and she holds Bush responsible. It seems that parents whose sons and daughters died in Iraq are much more vocal against the war than those whose children died in Afghanistan. Does anyone else find this? I think it's a real comment on how parents feel with their children in either place.
I don't see any of that at all. There are always some that protest a war, but most military families support the President and believe the efforts of their loved ones are making Iraq, the region and the world a safer place.

The only reason you know anything about that Women in Mr. Moore's childish movie, is because her son died in combat. If her son had survived, Mr. Moore would not have used him in the movie and you would know nothing about his accomplishments. Mr. Moore exploited this womens grief for MONEY to the tune of over 100 million dollars.
Old 09-20-2004, 07:37 PM   #54
New Yorker

Actually, he started to interview her before her son died and you would know this if you saw the movie.
Old 09-20-2004, 07:50 PM   #55
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally posted by sharky
Actually, he started to interview her before her son died and you would know this if you saw the movie.
I saw the piece of movie the day it came out. If the womens son had not died in Iraq, he would not have used her and her son in the movie. The twisted thing is, I suspect he interviewed a number of families counting on a least one of them to suffer some sort of loss and have the reaction he deemed appropriate for the film.
Old 01-26-2005, 08:31 AM   #56
Babyface

I've been reading the posts here, and I have to say, they're are alot of myopic U2 fans. Soldiers volunteer, we all can agree on that. However, it's the Commander-in-Chief that sends the men and women into battle. If I'm going to fight, and possibly lose my life, it better be for a God damn good reason. Iraq is NOT a good reason. Over 1300 US soldiers gave their lives for a lie. Ten thousand more were wounded or maimed for that same lie. I don't think anyone here doesn't support the troops. I think it's f**kin' shame that some of you myopians, can't see the bigger picture, and realize that it's a f**kin' travesty that innocent people are dying for following some bullsh** order, that shouldn't have been given. I don't buy the notion that some of you have suggested, that the soldiers are happy, to be doing what they're doing, or, they fully support the president and the war. They have to do their jobs, because if not, their compatriots will lose their lives. They vocally support the president, because they have to. The ones who don't, well, we've seen what happens to them. They're called un-patriotic, dissenters, etc. All because they disagree with the war and it's premise. So, to all of you war-mongers, lemmings, sheep, blind loyalists, and other supporters of Bush and his war, I say, "F**K YOU!"
Old 01-26-2005, 08:38 AM   #57
Blue Crack Addict

We pulled our Kerry/Edwards stickers off of the car because we were afraid someone would attack the car because they didn't like our politics. I did my duty; I voted. My vote went to John Kerry. 'Nuff said.
Old 01-26-2005, 09:10 AM   #58
Blue Crack Addict

We're never going to agree on the Iraqi invasion. Some will always think it was a noble fight, some will deplore it as a cynical political power ploy. I think it was based on an incredible amount of naivite about the mindset of those people, you can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink. Others have varying mileage. I think they think they can plant a Western-style state in a Middle Eastern state. Many Arabs would argue that this is not possible. It sounds great, it's nice and idealistic, but the whole adventure could crash and burn.
Old 01-26-2005, 09:13 AM   #59
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by STING2

You could make that same poor remark about these Presidents as well.

Abraham Lincoln Civil War
Woodrow Wilson World War I
Franklin Roosevelt World War II

yes wars of necessity vs. wars of whim ... if you're even going to compare Iraq to other wars, let's start with the obvious

LBJ/Nixon Vietnam

no, Iraq is not Vietnam, because history never repeats itself exactly. but there is far, far more in common between the two than is different. the death toll is lower, but the same basic paradigm is in place -- Americans in a foreign land that doesn't want them, and a small but exceedingly well-coordinated civilian counter-offensive in the form of guerilla warfare that conventional military power can do little about.
Old 01-26-2005, 09:16 AM   #60
The Fly

I am sorry her son died and I agree she has a right to protest and speek her mind. However, shouting our at the first lady like she did only makes her look like an idiot.
There are other ways to protest or get your point across but yelling and shouting like a nut is not the way to do it.
What did she accomplish? She got arrested and thrown in jail.