more misleading news from fox news

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

earthshell

The Fly
fox news: Car Bomb Kills More Than 110
cnn: 125 killed in Iraq suicide bombing

if anything were to be dishonest and deceitful, it would be on fox news.

If Fox news is dishonest and deceitful this isn't quite the evidence you would use to prove your point.

Maybe 15 people died shortly after the first 110.

I wish I knew what these people are hoping to achieve by killing their own.

Also I have to ask, this may be naive, but why are hundreds of Iraqi police applicants still lining up next to each other providing easy targets for suicide bombers? It seems this happens every week or so. Can they take numbers? or space themselves out?
Very frustrating to keep hearing news like this.

drhark said:

I wish I knew what these people are hoping to achieve by killing their own.

That's what terrorists do. Same with the IRA in Northern Ireland on occasions although not to the same extent thankfully.

If they just want us out, they're going about it the wrong way.

That's the problem, they're not just good guys who want to end US occupation. They want control of the Iraqi people. For Michael Moore to call them freedom fighters is absurd.

I'm curious, if the US pulled out, who do you all think would be the new oppressors, the Baathists or the Theocrats?

what a stupid thread.

what an incredibly pointless post that can't even bash fox news properly.

i mean really. how often every day do they do things that just cry out to be made fun of and you pick this?

Zoomerang96 said:
what a stupid thread.

what an incredibly pointless post that can't even bash fox news properly.

i mean really. how often every day do they do things that just cry out to be made fun of and you pick this?

Ok...twice in one day we agree....

Now I need to get an adjustment to my train of thought.....:mad:

Everbody stop questioning Fox News. If you hate Fox news, that means you hate the media and that means you hate America. You are all liberal....weiners....from france. Yeah! So stop hating America!

earthshell said:
fox news: Car Bomb Kills More Than 110
cnn: 125 killed in Iraq suicide bombing

if anything were to be dishonest and deceitful, it would be on fox news.
I was reading early reports and it couldn't get a figure down, they said more than 10 as well.

What's the deal with Fox News bashing then? (Pardon me for not knowing _ I'm in the Uk and the last time I saw Fox News must have been about 13 years ago when I lived in the States).

Has the network done something particularly dreadful or are they just full of shit? Just curious.

oh theyre more or less full of shit. i watched some when i was in the US, and really, if you wanna see explosions reports on how kerry is a far left liberal weener who occasionally flip flops and annoying news reporters bashing liberals and praising bush, instead of news, FOX is your network! :wink:

but then, Fox (not fox news) has simpsons and 24, i wonder how fox people get along with the news division!:wink:

To be fair, Fox has mostly opinion shows each hour.

Bill O'Reilly is basically conservative and poses as the everyman, "I'm looking out for you", cut through the spin type of guy. I would be surprised if he didn't vote for Bush.

Hannity and Colmes is a conservative vs. liberal debate show. Hannity is the stronger personality and often sounds like a broken record. Colmes is a weak debater.

Neil Cavuto does a financial news hour but also covers world events and does commentary. He's conservative.

Greta van Susterin is a liberal I think but does a good job of appearing unbiased. She mainly bores us with the events in the latest trial du juor.

Brit Hume does news and discusses the issues with panelists, Charles Krauthammer, Fred Barnes, William Kristol (Conservative)
Mort Kondrake (Moderate Democrat), Ceci Connoly, Maria Liasson, and Juan Williams (Liberal). Brit is conservative.

All of these shows have guests from all political persuasions who argue their points of view. There seems to be a fair mix of opinions.

Overall, Fox News is conservatives attempting to be "fair and balanced" in the guests they bring on and the opinions presented by these guests.

I'm not so sure the old news networks tried very hard to bring opposing points of view to all issues. There is less live debate and more pre produced "nightline" and "60 Minutes" documentaries that are very subtle in their bias.

I think it's a fair assesment of Fox News primetime. Anyone beg to differ?

drhark said:
I think it's a fair assesment of Fox News primetime. Anyone beg to differ?

Seems pretty fair to me. There's always such whining about Fox News being conservative...blahblahblah, at least it's a different perspective from the the old media, CNN and MSNBC which lean to the left. Look at the CBS "Memogate" scandal which blatantly tried to bring down the President in the election and tell me they aren't biased...look at the scandal where CNN made a deal with Saddam that they wouldn't report on his atrocities in exchange for media headquarters in Iraq and tell me they aren't biased...

This is disgusting. Over a hundred die in Iraq, and the thread is about bitching over Fox News. I mourn every death.

This may be a little off topic, but oh well.

When was the last time you heard in the news what the TOTAL civilian death toll was for the Iraq war? They always have reports on car bombs killing numbers of people but they never give the total civilian death toll. They always give the total coalition death toll, but never the civilian one. The reason for this is because the civilian death toll is around 26,000. And I doubt that most Americans know this fact. Therefore if the media announced this total death toll, then people's views on the war would surely change. Sadly however, most of us Americans are pig-headed. :|

Infinitum98 said:
This may be a little off topic, but oh well.

When was the last time you heard in the news what the TOTAL civilian death toll was for the Iraq war? They always have reports on car bombs killing numbers of people but they never give the total civilian death toll. They always give the total coalition death toll, but never the civilian one. The reason for this is because the civilian death toll is around 26,000. And I doubt that most Americans know this fact. Therefore if the media announced this total death toll, then people's views on the war would surely change. Sadly however, most of us Americans are pig-headed. :|

No the reason is that this 25,000 figure comes from a left wing group that has done no medical and forensic investigations into the alleged deaths. They simply use media reports which is just as inaccurate as the report that the Israely military murdered 7,000 Palestinians at Jenin in 2002.

STING2 said:

No the reason is that this 25,000 figure comes from a left wing group that has done no medical and forensic investigations into the alleged deaths. They simply use media reports which is just as inaccurate as the report that the Israely military murdered 7,000 Palestinians at Jenin in 2002.

Read this, and you will se that you are wrong and the site is not biased:

http://www.iraqbodycount.net/background.htm

"We acknowledge that many parties to this conflict will have an interest in manipulating casualty figures for political ends. There is no such thing (and will probably never be such a thing) as an "wholly accurate" figure, which could accepted as historical truth by all parties. This is why we will always publish a minimum and a maximum for each reported incident. Some sources may wish to over-report casualties. Others may wish to under-report them. Our methodology is not biased towards "propaganda" from any particular protagonist in the conflict. We will faithfully reflect the full range of reported deaths in our sources. These sources, which are predominantly Western (including long established press agencies such as Reuters and Associated Press) are unlikely to suppress conservative estimates which can act as a corrective to inflated claims. We rely on the combined, and self-correcting, professionalism of the world's press to deliver meaningful maxima and minima for our count."

Infinitum98 said:

Read this, and you will se that you are wrong and the site is not biased:

http://www.iraqbodycount.net/background.htm

"We acknowledge that many parties to this conflict will have an interest in manipulating casualty figures for political ends. There is no such thing (and will probably never be such a thing) as an "wholly accurate" figure, which could accepted as historical truth by all parties. This is why we will always publish a minimum and a maximum for each reported incident. Some sources may wish to over-report casualties. Others may wish to under-report them. Our methodology is not biased towards "propaganda" from any particular protagonist in the conflict. We will faithfully reflect the full range of reported deaths in our sources. These sources, which are predominantly Western (including long established press agencies such as Reuters and Associated Press) are unlikely to suppress conservative estimates which can act as a corrective to inflated claims. We rely on the combined, and self-correcting, professionalism of the world's press to deliver meaningful maxima and minima for our count."

Once again, the United States is able to accurately identify its dead and what caused their death because there is a body to match with what happened and it is studied to determine the cause of death as well as having coroberation of witnesses. There is no such standardized process in regards to the determining civilian deaths in Iraq by any organization. Remember when the World Trade Center was first hit, the death figures were as high as 10,000. But this steadily declined as more accurate information came to light, remains were accurately identified.

All This group is doing is simply collecting media reports and averaging them. This is the type of analysis that led to the bogus reports that the Israely defense force murdered 7,000 Palestinians in the West Bank town of Jenin back in 2002.

It's so nice that fair and balanced, smart intelligent people like Pat Robertson can appear on shows like Hannity and Colmes so they can talk about how they want the liberal supreme court justices to die. :|

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom