Moore sued for falsifying newspaper headline for movie - Page 8 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 08-06-2004, 11:32 AM   #106
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 10:01 PM
Gee, if Texas were left in such a bad state, why would they have been in the Bush column? Want to see if they vote for Kerry this time around, but I doubt it.

Old 08-06-2004, 11:58 AM   #107
The Fly

Local Time: 03:01 AM
It seems as if you guys are minimalizing Jamila situation - as if she is not telling you the truth about herself and others who are seeing economic hardships in texas. As if what are factual statements about the economy in Texas (as opposed to the overall country) are false!?

Yes, I would suspect that Texas will again vote for Bush. Considering it is his adopted home state, and that there are plenty of his "buddies" who have benefited from his tax policies still supporting him in Texas, it seems like a no brainer! No pun intended.

Old 08-06-2004, 12:33 PM   #108
you are what you is

Local Time: 04:01 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Jamila
Salome - a question: who's "lots of people"?
I actually put that incorrectly, I meant:
a lot of the Bush supporters name that as one of their reasons
“Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.”
~Frank Zappa
Old 08-06-2004, 12:53 PM   #109
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by fly on the wall
It seems as if you guys are minimalizing Jamila situation - as if she is not telling you the truth about herself and others who are seeing economic hardships in texas. As if what are factual statements about the economy in Texas (as opposed to the overall country) are false!?

Yes, I would suspect that Texas will again vote for Bush. Considering it is his adopted home state, and that there are plenty of his "buddies" who have benefited from his tax policies still supporting him in Texas, it seems like a no brainer! No pun intended.
1st its not minimalizing, but it does not mean that everyone is walking in those shoes.

2nd It almost sounds as if you think that the "buddies" of Bush are more than half the voting population of Texas.

3rd It seems like a no brainer that BUsh has not made "buddies" with the number of voters necessary to win Texas.

Old 08-07-2004, 05:11 AM   #110
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 01:01 PM
up is down, black is white, yes is no and war is PEACE.

YES.

YES.

YES.

JUST SAY YES. Somebody shoot me.
Old 08-07-2004, 06:04 AM   #111
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 01:01 PM
Through the Looking Glass eh Kieran ?
Old 08-07-2004, 04:34 PM   #112
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Well, I for one am not better off than I was 4 years ago. With manufacturing jobs (laser printers) down and still going overseas, my dept. was eliminated and so was my job. When I think of the money saved by people who would not be struggling, even if they hadn't received it, I can't help but wonder why it is even considered a tax cut. It's just a give away program. And they call democrats "tax & spend" Although I am thankful my son and his little girls benefited from the tax break. At least it went to where it was needed there.
Still not enough to make me vote for him, however.

Edited to say: Damn I'm totally off subject. I need a nap.
Old 08-07-2004, 11:46 PM   #113
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by Leeloo
Yeah I was just gonna say that. Also Bush has been very generous to working class families with his tax cuts and child tax credit refunds, $600 per child additional money back the last 2 years in a row! (Kerry aims to do away with both)
I know we needed it in my house. It helped pay the $13,000 in school and daycare bills.
Old 08-08-2004, 12:19 AM   #114
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 09:01 PM
BTW...I am a product of private HS and college...

let's divide out the $13,000...how much for daycare,and how much for PRIVATE school?

Are the publice schools not good enough? OR, are you needing to additionally fund the activities that your children do in the Public schools?

Instead of tax custs....shouldn't tax money go to funding some of these items (Public school funding or daycare)?