Mistaken identity

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

trevster2k

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
http://www.post-trib.com/news/crime/130967,Amazing.article

A 17-year-old girl who was wrongly locked in jail for seven days might be feeling terribly lucky. But anyone who sees the pictures that freed her would understand.

Amanda Sylvester might still be in jail, facing criminal charges that included aiding and abetting a robbery, were it not for an anonymous tip to a Crimestopper hotline.

Remarkable coincidence!

Wow! They do look a lot alike in those photos. :ohmy:

redhotswami said:
Why was she arraigned as an adult? I don't understand. Shouldn't she have been taken to juvenile??

First I thought this post must have been by a Canadian or Australian or something... of course she was arraigned as an adult, we don't pay attention to 18 in this country for things like criminal charges....DAs are too ambitious.

This story is sad, but not nearly as sad as a similar one that made national news this summer when a girl's family sat by her bedside as she was in a coma for a month or so, bandaged and bruised, keeping a blog updating others on her status, only to discover when she came out of her coma that she was another girl and their daughter had been burried a month ago. The other family had thought their daughter dead a month and all of a sudden had a living girl and huge hospital bills. They were both in a student activities van from a university that crashed.

20061109_15_59_41_227-0-0.imageContent

this girl does not look that much

20061109_16_02_18_228-0-0.imageContent

like this girl

this girls face is not as round, her eyes are different, eye brows, higher forehead. she is much prettier, than the innocent girl

deep said:
20061109_15_59_41_227-0-0.imageContent

this girl does not look that much

20061109_16_02_18_228-0-0.imageContent

like this girl

this girls face is not as round, her eyes are different, eye brows, higher forehead. she is much prettier, than the innocent girl

Seen relatively quickly, and in a stressful situation -- yes, there is enough similarity that one could easily be mistaken for the other. The person doing the identifying didn't have them both side by side to compare either.

That does point out a very big problem with eyewitnesses though -- it's fairly easy to mistake one person for another, especially under stress.

And deep -- bang up job knocking the first girl's looks. You're such a prince! :up: :|

I think mommy or daddy was fooling around; anyone check their DNA? they've got to be related.

Amanda (good girl) has mole above her lip and her ears are more carved; the other girl has no mole and her ears are rounded...

Last edited:
The two girls confused in the accident where one lived and one died looked less alike than these do.

Just goes to show how eyewitness testimony makes poor evidence.

Mia, I think with some felonies, teens can be tried as adults, especially if they are 17. You don't understand right from wrong differently at 17 than you do at 18.

Yes, this thread does remind me of the mistaken identities of the girls from where I live that were in that car crash.

Back
Top Bottom