Mississippi Outlaws Sex Toys

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrsSpringsteen

Blue Crack Addict
I had no idea, well good to know their priorities are correct -no offense to anyone here from MS

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6308419/

Abrams Report

"This week, another court refused to recognize Mississippians’ right to find companionship for 29.99 and so a law outlawing the sale of sex toys will stand.

"A person commits the offense of distributing unlawful sexual devices when he knowingly sells, advertises, publishes or exhibits to any person any three-dimensional device designed or marketed as useful primarily for the stimulation of human genital organs or offers to do so or possesses such devices with the intent to do so.”

Well, I am glad to see that the local legislators are focusing on the most pressing issues of the day. I’ve long believed that a three-dimensional, possibly battery-operated device is far more menacing than a handgun. In Mississippi, people can buy guns at a gun show with no background check and certain weapons can be carried almost anywhere. Sure, guns and toys can bring joy and a sense of comfort to the user, but apparently the legislators concluded that a genital replica is a far greater threat to society."

I'm going to Mississippi in a week and a half, I wish I could take Dan Abrams with me :wink:

It says in the article they are illegal in Texas and Georgia too

What a bunch of frreaks! Who are they to pry into people's personal affairs? :angry: What are the legal grounds for this anyway?

Mississippi is more liberal than Alabama is these days. That gives you an idea of what I'm up against. If Mississippi is doing this God knows what the legislature is going to do here. :mad: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

I look forward to breaking the laws in Mississippi and Virginia someday.

U2democrat said:
In Virginia oral and anal sex are illegal and so is sex if you're not married. :coocoo:

And if you get caught, they throw you in jail because everybody knows that there's no anal or oral sex in prison. :lol:

Irvine511 said:

all weekend long.

hiyooo

jl-mda2004-0004_rj.jpg

MrsSpringsteen said:
no offense to anyone here from MS
:D

In truth, I'd be amazed if there were any shops that actually sold sex toys anywhere remotely close to where I grew up. In the cities, maybe. But of course, as several people have pointed out, this still leaves the wide variety of three-dimensional items available at the grocery store. :wink:

I wish there were more details to the article. Mississippi has banned "sex toys" since 1998. Six other states have similar bans. Apparently, this case has bounced around the courts with the Supreme Court refusing to hear the matter (which may be on technical or procedural grounds).

I would be interested to see Mississippi's rational for enacting the law in 1998, and the rationale for the continued fight.

verte76 said:
More power to those breaking this unjust and stupid law!

More power ?

I suggest both AC and DC powered appliances.

I suppose there are water - powered devices also.

On Boston legal they had a steam - powered device.

If using solar- power -
Please remember to use sun-block.

MrsSpringsteen said:

I remember a few years ago, there was a sex shop owner that was feeling the heat from certain groups and kept getting fined. The way around it, was that he painted them neon colors so they weren't "natural looking replicas".

Re: Re: Mississippi Outlaws Sex Toys

yolland said:

:D

In truth, I'd be amazed if there were any shops that actually sold sex toys anywhere remotely close to where I grew up. In the cities, maybe. But of course, as several people have pointed out, this still leaves the wide variety of three-dimensional items available at the grocery store. :wink:

I wonder if the law bans importation of "sex toys" considering the volume of merchandice that can be acquired over the internet.

MrsSpringsteen said:
I'm going to Mississippi in a week and a half, I wish I could take Dan Abrams with me :wink:

I know in texas they just slap a big sticker on them that says "NOVELTY" or something similar
or "cake topper", which I just don't understand... it certainly doesn't stop anyone from selling them

Back
Top Bottom