Miss Teen USA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

How horribly sad it is that...

• That she is soooooo clueless

Votes: 7 16.7%
  • that 1/5th of americans can't find the US on a map

Votes: 18 42.9%
  • So much beauty wasted on so little brain matter

Votes: 9 21.4%
  • She's not my wife

Votes: 7 16.7%
  • She's not the secretary of state

Votes: 1 2.4%

• Total voters
It's inconceivable to me that 1/5 of Americans can't find the United States on the map.

We're supposed to be the best and the brightest! Damn, America! What the hell happened?!

I think we need to label all of our maps. That's the real problem: lack of labels. My maps are labeled:

US-area.gif

So, label maps, so we know where the United States, South Africa, the Iraq, and Asian Countries are.

I wonder if she is one of those girls who've been raised in the pageant circuit since she was a child? Some of those environments can be pretty scary. Education is definately not a priority in these cases...

for those of you that can't see the video, here is her response:

i personally believe that us americans are unable to do so cuz some uh people out there in our nation dont have maps, and that i believe that our education such as south africa and the iraq everywhere like such as and i believe that they should our education over here in the us should help the us er should help south africa it should help the iraq and the asian countries so we will be able to build up our future for

Her fumbling has really deflected the attention away from the actual question, huh. What's worse: her answer or the actual question? It's seeming the answer is worse, at least on interference.

:slant:

I would have understand if she screwed up Europe:
cnn2.jpg

cnn.jpg

This is how I like to learn the world map:
Arschkarte.jpg
:wink:

phillyfan26 said:
I think we need to label all of our maps. That's the real problem: lack of labels. My maps are labeled:

US-area.gif

So, label maps, so we know where the United States, South Africa, the Iraq, and Asian Countries are.

I thought as a society we were supposed to be getting away from the whole label thing? so that won't work. /random unhelpfulness

Vincent Vega said:
I would have understand if she screwed up Europe:
cnn2.jpg

cnn.jpg

That is depressing...btw how does it feel to be living in Iraq?:wink:

As we like to say: It's a Bombenstimmung (bombing atmosphere) here, but the air is heavy as lead at times. :)

Where did that 1/5th come from? Who were they polling - 5 year olds?

I'd buy that 1/5th couldn't find Iraq on a map or something, but the US? Come on ...

corianderstem said:

I'd buy that 1/5th couldn't find Iraq on a map or something,

I'd be surprised if 1/5 COULD find Iraq on a map....

I still understand this trend to get rid of geography from public schools? They just eliminated it from our local jr. high.

I don't get it?

BonoVoxSupastar said:
I wonder if she is one of those girls who've been raised in the pageant circuit since she was a child? Some of those environments can be pretty scary. Education is definately not a priority in these cases...

That has been my question!

She was interviewed on one of the Morning shows yesterday. It sounds like she was in honors classes and is headed to college. :yikes:

I saw her on the Today Show and thought she was very sweet and self-deprecating-and humble. The most intelligent person, when placed in certain pressured situations, can have those problems. Including all of us.

MrsSpringsteen said:
I saw her on the Today Show and thought she was very sweet and self-deprecating-and humble. The most intelligent person, when placed in certain pressured situations, can have those problems. Including all of us.

i agree.

i admit, i laughed too, and it was so nonsensical -- you couldn't write that.

but i feel badly for her. she was a pagent contestant, she knew she was on TV, she knows she runs the risk of embarassment. so she's not a total victim.

but, still, poor thing.

Back
Top Bottom