Miss Teen USA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

How horribly sad it is that...

• That she is soooooo clueless

Votes: 7 16.7%
  • that 1/5th of americans can't find the US on a map

Votes: 18 42.9%
  • So much beauty wasted on so little brain matter

Votes: 9 21.4%
  • She's not my wife

Votes: 7 16.7%
  • She's not the secretary of state

Votes: 1 2.4%

• Total voters
Perhaps part, and I do mean part of the blame is traditionally, over the years, a lot of weather maps via tv in the US have looked like this -

hotweather.gif

It could be difficult for some if their only relation to the US on a map is an example like the above. As Canada has access to national US networks. as well as local affiliates in border States we know this problem all to well. I constantly shake my head at the telly thinking that Canada and Mexico look like dark, blurry places that have no people and where temperature doesn't exist.

Recently however we're starting to see more maps that will show TO, Mont, or Van. We're finally thawing out from the ice age!

I wanna know what the hell these 1 out of 5 so called American's problem is that they can't even find their own damn country on a map. How stupid do you have to be? Or are they polling pre-schoolers???? How increadibly stupid does a teacher have to be to NOT teach students things like that???

I'd think in today's day and age.....every American not only would know where their own country is, but also know where Iraq and Afganastan are too.

I understand stage fright and all but I still think Miss SC's answer left much to be desired. I mean it's not THAT hard of a question.

I'll have to try and find the Today show clip.

I don't know who is more stipid there, but I would say it's rather those who message her.

Geez, we shouldn't get on this girl for botching this answer. She's been raised and groomed to be seen and not heard. What comes out of this girl's mouth has never been important.

And should we really be surprised that 1/5 of Americans can't find the US on a map. Look who's the president. He's spoon fed his dialogue and he still gets wrong.

I remember, when I moved to the United States from Canada, they were learning the Canadian provinces so I had a great mark in 7th grade for that subject.

They all laughed when I pronounced "Regina" as "Reeeeee-jai-nah" and not "Re-jean-ah", and I think the teacher thought I was having a laugh.

Back
Top Bottom