Military Service and Possing for Playboy=Bad

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Justin24

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
Air Force Strips Playboy Poser of Status

By ELIZABETH WHITE
http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory?id=2876682

SA50102142342_sp.jpg

SAN ANTONIO Feb 15, 2007 (AP)— An Air Force drill sergeant who posed nude for Playboy magazine has been removed from active duty, she and the Air Force said Wednesday. Michelle Manhart, who appeared in a six-page spread in Playboy's February issue, said she got word Friday that she was removed from "extended active duty" and was also told that she was demoted from staff sergeant to senior airman.

"I'm disappointed in our system," Manhart told The Associated Press on Wednesday. "They went too far with it."

Manhart said that she was reverted to her Air National Guard status and that she submitted a "resignation" to the Guard, which she said is pending. Manhart was a member of the Iowa Air National Guard before going on extended active duty.

Oscar Balladares, a spokesman for Lackland Air Force Base, confirmed that Manhart was removed from extended active duty Friday but said Lackland did not discharge her.

"She was removed from active duty status, and thus reverted to National Guard status," Balladares said. "It is not up to the Air Force it is not our jurisdiction to discharge her."

Lt. Col. Greg Hapgood, a spokesman for the Iowa National Guard, said that because the Guard did not have "documentation of her separation" from the Air Force, it did not have her on duty status.

Manhart, a 30-year-old mother of two, said the military's action against her hinged on the fact that she was pictured wearing her uniform.

She was photographed in uniform yelling and holding weapons under the headline "Tough Love." The following pages showed her partially clothed wearing dog tags and fully nude. After the pictorial hit newsstands in January, Manhart was relieved of her duties pending an investigation.

Copyright 2007 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Whats wrong with showing your natural beauty?

Last edited:
Well you're not supposed to do anything like that in uniform. I assume the same thing would happen if a male soldier posed in Playgirl, well that is unless the US military has double standards for men vs women (nah, never of course). Yes you can't be openly gay or pose in Playboy, but you can be a convicted felon. They are relaxing their standards about felons, I read something about that a couple of days ago.

MrsSpringsteen said:
Well you're not supposed to do anything like that in uniform. I assume the same thing would happen if a male soldier posed in Playgirl, well that is unless the US military has double standards for men vs women (nah, never of course). Yes you can't be openly gay or pose in Playboy, but you can be a convicted felon. They are relaxing their standards about felons, I read something about that a couple of days ago.

I heard about that, there also relaxing there standard on overweight people? I think that second part is a great idea, let over weight(not to overweight) join loose the weight and become a soldier. I should call up the recruiter and find out about this. Cause if they say yes the will take me. I will bid you all farewell for a few years.

Justin24 said:

I heard about that, there also relaxing there standard on overweight people?

That is not playboy.

that is more a specialty adult magazine.

So, are you in this niche market?

deep said:

That is not playboy.

that is more a specialty adult magazine.

So, are you in this niche market?

The reason I brang that up :mad: is because Mrs. Springsteen brang up the felon thing.

I don't think it has that much to do with the pretty thing, after all I've seen and known some male soldiers who are beautiful beyond words. There are beautiful female soldiers who would never pose for Playboy- and you can be beautiful and feminine and still tough as a soldier. I personally think anyone who can be one has a certain amount of toughness. And hopefully Playboy doesn't define beauty. I'm not denying that there are beautiful women in it, that would be insane. But I think someone like Jessica Lynch is beautiful too. And the helicopter pilot Jennifer Harris who was just shot down and killed in Iraq. There are just strict regulations regarding what can't be done in a military uniform, but this and the felon and don't ask don't tell issues certainly point out some "strangeness" in military policies.

Back
Top Bottom