Miers Withdraws her nomination

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I absolutely agree. I have no problem with politics. I think the Dems would have goosed their integrity however if they had just said, "You know what, we don't know a thing about her, we think she's underqualified, we're concerned about Bush religious-izing the SCOTUS," instead of blaming the Reps for killing it. Imagine how that would rally the base if the Dems took a stand against someone they really thought would be problematic. And then watch the Repubs try to gulp and say, "Crap, they were right."

THAT's a political game I'd love to see.

nathan1977 said:
I absolutely agree. I have no problem with politics. I think the Dems would have goosed their integrity however if they had just said, "You know what, we don't know a thing about her, we think she's underqualified, we're concerned about Bush religious-izing the SCOTUS," instead of blaming the Reps for killing it. Imagine how that would rally the base if the Dems took a stand against someone they really thought would be problematic. And then watch the Repubs try to gulp and say, "Crap, they were right."

THAT's a political game I'd love to see.

okay -- that's a fair distinction. i thought you were saying that the Dems killed the nomination, but it's their post-withdrawal reaction that you were objecting to.

understood.

Back
Top Bottom