Michigan Primary predictions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Did you all see this? Sorry if I missed it somewhere else...

Clinton won less than a quarter of support from black voters.

(CNN) - Hillary Clinton faced a grim statistic in Michigan tonight, despite her primary "win" there: results revealed that she may have reason to worry about her grasp on the African-American vote.

The Michigan primary vote was essentially meaningless: the national party stripped the state of its delegates because it held its contest too early in the election season, and Clinton was the only major Democratic contender whose name appeared on the ballot.

Even so, roughly 70 percent of Michigan's African-American voters - a group that makes up a quarter of Michigan's Democratic electorate - did not cast their votes for Clinton, choosing the "uncommitted" option instead. Yet these voters weren't uncommitted at all: in fact, according to CNN exit polls, they overwhelmingly favored Barack Obama, whose name did not appear on the ballot.

Had Obama's name been on the Michigan ballot, CNN exit polls show that he would have won an overwhelming 73 percent of the African-American vote, in contrast to 22 percent who say they would have voted for Clinton under those circumstances. If South Carolina's large African-American community votes as Michigan's, Hillary may not be feeling much 'southern hospitality' in that state.

I want to add that I thought all 3 candidates did a stellar job last night during the debate. Yes, even Hillary gave some really good answers.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom