Michael Moore's "Good Friday/Passover/Easter, 2002

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Pop! I was at the Norman lecture as well! I heard your question and thought of this thread. Thanks for posing the question, because I had forgotten about it during his riviting speech.

Eh...Moore has written far better. I do think that Moore was trying to be humorous in an irreverent kind of way, but I think he also failed in the process. You have your hits and your misses...

Melon

------------------
"Still, I never understood the elevation of greed as a political credo. Why would anyone want to base a political programme on bottomless dissatisfaction and the impossibility of happiness? Perhaps that was its appeal: the promise of luxury that in fact promoted endless work." - Hanif Kureishi, Intimacy

Originally posted by U2Bama:
Let he who is without sin cast the first stone, speedracer, you judgemental fundamentALEist.

~U2Alabama

Ouch.

Cool dano..yeah, i was the girl in the peace sign..did you stay afterwards for the booksigning? It was an amazing speech..and the format of it was right up my alley...made me laugh, cry and get angry all in the same night...did you see the movie at the end?

Originally posted by speedracer:
Ouch.

bert2.jpg

Most Christians would disagree with me. That's great. You know what else? Most Christians would also take up a gun and go to war to, but not this one. Maybe Im the minority, do I care? All that matters to me is my relationship with God, not what others choose to believe.

Isn't it Jesus that said that many would come to him professing their faith in him blah blah, and that he would turn them away...that broad and spacious be the road...I made these points earlier, with alot of other good ones which you chose to ignore. (in the other religions thread: http://forum.interference.com/u2feedback/Forum11/HTML/001292.html)

Anyways, Im out. The argument is pointless, and I vowed I wasnt going to argue on Interference.

Gabriel

------------------
"...well the God I believe in isn't short of cash, mister!"
BTBS, Rattle and Hum

[This message has been edited by gabrielvox (edited 04-16-2002).]

Refering to his remarks about Easter and Good Friday, Michael Moore was quoted at his Norman, OK appearance stating, "I guess you have to be Irish Catholic to see the humour in this....it's not Baptist humour." I thought that was right on the money.

Pop: I stayed for the second portion of the clip for his upcoming documentary, "Bowling for Columbine", but I didn't feel like waiting in line for 2 hours just to say "thanks" and shake his hand. I can't believe the length of that line!

I was sitting toward the front on the righthand section. Michael kept glancing over to my direction when he would gather his thoughts. I felt a connection, I really did!
smile.gif
LOL. (Don't we all say that, though?)

Again, thanks for asking the question and sheading more light on the subject.

I wasn't going to do it...but after he asked my question..i wanted a momento of the night
smile.gif
Man..that 2nd part of the filming was harsh....but moving! Do you go to OU also?

Originally posted by U2Bama:

~U2Alabama

And p.s. they had Michelob Light for $3.99 a 6-pack at Winn-Dixie last night! I bought 2 of them!

Heya.. Well thanks for the bit of Life History.. that was one of the best PS's i've ever read.. I think it was teh 'I bought 2 of them!', that topped it off.. Funny stuff.. It makes me wish I was back home where they have the 'Winn Dixie MarketPlace' all set and ready for me to storm..

L.Unplugged

Originally posted by gabrielvox:

80s is claiming as absolute fact that unless you believe that Christ is God Himself, you can't be Christian, accept Christ into your life as saviour and God's Son, and be saved.
And that, my friend, is bullshit.
Gabriel
Bullshit? Most Christians would disagree with you.

[This message has been edited by 80sU2isBest (edited 04-16-2002).]

*sigh*

80sU2isbest and gabrielvox, can I say something in loving exasperation without pissing the both of you off? Maybe not, but I'll say it anyways. Ya'll sound like a bunch of squabbling kids! gah! "You're really showing Christian love" "No YOU'RE really showing Christian love." Reminds me quite well of schoolyard days with the old "take the log out of your own eye" theology fights I had with my best friend. I understand the desire to prove one's point, but do you think that this is maybe becoming more DEstructive than CONstructive? Just a thought.
smile.gif

Pop: No, I'm finishing up my final semester at OSU. After visiting OU I felt like I was going back to "Hicktown" when we left for Stillwater.

I'm guessing the two of you are talking about Oklahoma
smile.gif

He's actually coming to Ohio U next Thursday and my night is clear so I'm going to see him. I don't really have an opinion good or bad of him, I just feel it's important to see prolific speakers when one gets the chance. If anyone wanted his John Hancock, I could maybe get something made out to you.

Back
Top Bottom