Michael Moore vs. O'Reilly

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Oregoropa

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Anybody see the interview at the convention?

I thought it was a good exchange.

Moore's rhetorical device of asking O'Reilly if he would give up his son to fight in Iraq was effective.

I think O'Reilly got him good on the intelligence sharing between U.S., U.K., and Russia all pointing to the initial WMD assesment. I think O'Reilly made him look like an idiot by explaining to Moore why the U.S. really won the Cold War and thusly liberating Eastern Europe.

I sort of watched it, because I was so busy trying to get Bono sightings :shifty:

It just seemed like Moore kept coming back to the "would you sacrifice your son" issue- certainly a relevant question of course. At least no fistfights broke out :D

Not a very interesting interview. Just two guys who seem to put winning the argument above anything else. They both seem to be excellent FYM material though. :up:

Michael Moore - :applaud:

It's about time that Bill O'Reilly met his match!

Both of these guys already are steeped in their points of view, so neither of them weren't about to change their ideas.

But it's important for Michael Moore to "stick to his guns" and he did. :wink:

And, as Moore has said, the more the reactionary conservatives talk against him, the MORE POPULAR HE BECOMES! :yes:

Keep up the great work, Michael Moore. :bow:

Moore kept going back to that same questiion - whether O'Reilly would send his son - which O'Reilly answered by saying, I answer for myself, no one else. Moore then continued to ask that question, why I don't know.
Overall, I felt it was even. Personally, I hate Moore. He twists things to make them appear like something they aren't most of the time. It is quite obvious he has some sort of agenda. Despite that, you know he has the country's best interest at heart. I am just not a fan of how he is going through with it.

The question is why Moore refuses to give up his dillusional "Bush lied about WMD" rant. Could it be that his movie is based almost entirely upon this hypothesis, and that if he retracted on his position, his movie would be circling the bowl the next day.

Another good question that Mr. Moore refuses to answer is why he hired a movie broker in the middle east with known ties to the terror group hezbollah (sp?) for the sole purpose of getting his movie seen in that region.

Moore vs. O'Riley = Dumb and Dumber

Moore is dumb (but an extremely great capitalist at the same time) with his entire hypothesis about the current political climate and O'Riley is even dumber by trying to argue against him.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom