Michael Moore - brilliant and uplifting - Page 20 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-06-2007, 03:07 PM   #286
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 10:42 PM
By the way, if you saw Michael Moore on Larry King you might remember this:

KING: We another e-mail from Jeanetta in Phoenix, Arizona. The question: "Michael, "Sicko" is all about the health care crisis. You're not exactly a picture of health yourself. How about eating better and losing some of that weight, Big Guy?"

MOORE: That's right. I agree 100 percent. I was in the middle of working on this movie, and I thought, you know, Mike, it's pretty hypocritical, you're making a movie about health care and you're not taking care of your own health. So I started to do that and I started to go for a walk every day. And now, you know, I walk for half an hour to an hour every day. I eat fruits and vegetables. These were actually great discoveries, by the way, fruits.

KING: Fruits, they have been around a while.

MOORE: I realized that and I've been avoiding them. But I've lost about 30 pounds now in the last three months. And now, I'm on the right path and it is one way to fight the system. If you want to avoid the broken system, one way to do that for a lot of people is to eat the right things and get out and move around a little bit.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIP...29/lkl.02.html

Old 07-06-2007, 03:09 PM   #287
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 12:42 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by VintagePunk

[personalsilliness] phillyfan26, I want to marry your avatar and have 1,000 of its babies. [/personalsilliness]
My avatar reacts to your statement as Jim did when Meredith told him his haircut was "sexy hot."

"...Oh..."

Old 07-06-2007, 03:16 PM   #288
Acrobat

Local Time: 05:42 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Lila64

MOORE: I realized that and I've been avoiding them. But I've lost about 30 pounds now in the last three months. And now, I'm on the right path and it is one way to fight the system. If you want to avoid the broken system, one way to do that for a lot of people is to eat the right things and get out and move around a little bit.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIP...29/lkl.02.html
Well, there we go. The ultimate solution.
Old 07-06-2007, 03:19 PM   #289
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by struckpx

Well, there we go. The ultimate solution.
Yeah, the guy whose fingers got chopped off and the woman who was maimed in a car accident should have eaten more fruit so as to avoid the pesky problem of no insurance.
Old 07-06-2007, 03:26 PM   #290
The Fly

Quote:
Originally posted by VintagePunk

From the (albeit brief) reading I've done, I haven't seen where the UK has a two-tiered health care system. Here's what I found:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Health_care_systems

If I'm understanding correctly, that's how it is here in Canada, as well. Our health care system covers all doctors visits, hospital stays, surgeries and treatments, and medical testing.

Supplemental health insurance that is available here from many employers covers things like dental care, prescription drugs, eyeglasses, and alternative health care services such as chiropractic, registered massage therapy, podiatry, etc.

Obviously, you're better off, and have a wider range of options available if you have supplemental insurance, but regardless of that, at least we're not dropping in the streets or going facing financial disaster, because either our private insurance companies are denying coverage for essential medical treatments, or because we're not insured in the first place.

If I'm misunderstanding the situation in the UK, please elabourate.
Completely private care a la US system is available, as well as supplemental care policies which can cover a lot more than you mention, things like elective surgeries for which there are otherwise long waiting lists, not to mention surgeries for more urgent items.
Old 07-06-2007, 03:27 PM   #291
Blue Crack Distributor

I don't know if this was asked earlier of you struckpx, but since you are a teenager...

Do you have health insurance? Do you pay the premiums? Do you know what kind of coverage you or your family has? If you're covered under your parents policy, do you know how much they pay and if it's a 'benefit' of their job? Do you really have any clue how much it costs the MIDDLE CLASS for healthcare, not even considering low income/those without. Do you have a job? Do you really have a clue what it costs in this country? If you are comfortable/well off, this is much less an issue than it is for the MILLIONS of Americans that fall into the 'Middle class'. My health insurance alone, for my husband and child, will almost surpass my monthly house payment. This may be the wrong thread for this, but I just had to put that out there

\end rant

like the new av phillyfan
Old 07-06-2007, 04:20 PM   #292
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 11:42 PM
Quote:
Do you really have any clue how much it costs the MIDDLE CLASS for healthcare, not even considering low income/those without.
I think he made it clear that he has no clue when he said "anyone who worked can get health insurance..."
Old 07-06-2007, 04:25 PM   #293
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:42 PM
Quote:
I don't know if this was asked earlier of you struckpx, but since you are a teenager...

Hey Lila,

Don't you know you are supposed to read the entire thread before posting.

Quote:
Originally posted by deep
07-04-2007 01:08 PM

How much real experience have you had with health care?

Are you paying for health insurance now?

Old 07-06-2007, 04:32 PM   #294
Blue Crack Distributor

Well that would mean he would have to read the thread too, no?

And I did admit that I didn't know if it was asked earlier. I didn't have a chance to keep up on the 4th, after all it was my kid's birthday

Old 07-06-2007, 04:33 PM   #295
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:42 PM
When I was 17
I was riding a motor cycle 100 miles an hour wearing a pair of cut offs and flip flops, no helmet.

I was not thinking of
or caring about health insurance.
Old 07-06-2007, 08:33 PM   #296
Acrobat

thats funny, b/c a few others who are posting here are also young members. so, just because i don't agree i get the 'age' thrown back at me, yet they do agree so they don't. well, that further solidifies my argument then.
Old 07-06-2007, 08:34 PM   #297
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
thats funny, b/c a few others who are posting here are also young members. so, just because i don't agree i get the 'age' thrown back at me, yet they do agree so they don't. well, that further solidifies my argument then.
Uh, you said they didn't argue with me because I'm liberal, which was blatantly incorrect, so I would stay away from assumptions.
Old 07-06-2007, 08:35 PM   #298
Acrobat

Quote:
Originally posted by phillyfan26

Uh, you said they didn't argue with me because I'm liberal, which was blatantly incorrect, so I would stay away from assumptions.
yes, as should you.
Old 07-06-2007, 08:36 PM   #299
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

yes, as should you.
And as I have been for quite a while, thanks much.
Old 07-06-2007, 08:40 PM   #300
Acrobat

Quote:
Originally posted by phillyfan26

And as I have been for quite a while, thanks much.
Its not worth arguing. There are bigger issues than Michael Moore.