Michael Moore - brilliant and uplifting - Page 16 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 07-04-2007, 04:58 PM   #226
Blue Crack Addict
 
anitram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: NY
Posts: 16,295
Local Time: 10:50 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by struckpx

How does this help us? Well, ultimately, we can live longer.
Except for the part where you live shorter than Canadians, Japanese and many Western European nationals.
__________________

__________________
anitram is offline  
Old 07-04-2007, 04:58 PM   #227
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,695
Local Time: 09:50 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by struckpx


do you?
Have you seen me change my stance every post and post misinformation?
__________________

__________________
BVS is online now  
Old 07-04-2007, 04:58 PM   #228
Acrobat
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 485
Local Time: 03:50 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by anitram


Except for the part where you live shorter than Canadians, Japanese and many Western European nationals.
Yes, unfortunately, we have a larger ethnicity mix, so our age variance differentiates. Plus w/ about 270 million more people, you would think it would vary greatly as well.
__________________
struckpx is offline  
Old 07-04-2007, 05:00 PM   #229
Acrobat
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 485
Local Time: 03:50 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar


Have you seen me change my stance every post and post misinformation?
hahaa. what are you talking about? Where have I ever changed my stance? I have three core concepts towards universal health care: costs, management, and population. Those three factors in the US make it not applicable.
__________________
struckpx is offline  
Old 07-04-2007, 05:03 PM   #230
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,695
Local Time: 09:50 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by struckpx


hahaa. what are you talking about? Where have I ever changed my stance? I have three core concepts towards universal health care: costs, management, and population. Those three factors in the US make it not applicable.
None of which you could back up, and everytime that was shown to you changed the subject...
__________________
BVS is online now  
Old 07-04-2007, 05:05 PM   #231
Acrobat
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 485
Local Time: 03:50 PM
i have given ample evidence that you are unwilling to comment on and rebuke. if you are that anti-america, go ahead and truck it up to canada.
__________________
struckpx is offline  
Old 07-04-2007, 05:13 PM   #232
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,695
Local Time: 09:50 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by struckpx
i have given ample evidence that you are unwilling to comment on and rebuke. if you are that anti-america, go ahead and truck it up to canada.
Do you even know where I live?

How am I anti-American?




I'm going to reiterate this one more time:


Mismanagement: You compared it to organizations that technology made almost obsolete, how is that a fair comparison?

Population: You didn't even come close to backing this one up, and asked you several questions regarding this, which you ignored.

Cost: I can understand this argument somewhat, but if you look at the overall picture there is a lot of argument that it can even itself out.
__________________
BVS is online now  
Old 07-04-2007, 05:14 PM   #233
Acrobat
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 485
Local Time: 03:50 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar


Do you even know where I live?

How am I anti-American?




I'm going to reiterate this one more time:


Mismanagement: You compared it to organizations that technology made almost obsolete, how is that a fair comparison?

Population: You didn't even come close to backing this one up, and asked you several questions regarding this, which you ignored.

Cost: I can understand this argument somewhat, but if you look at the overall picture there is a lot of argument that it can even itself out.
Mismanagement: Post-office. Wasn't due to technology. They flat out had to many employees.
__________________
struckpx is offline  
Old 07-04-2007, 05:19 PM   #234
Acrobat
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 485
Local Time: 03:50 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar


Do you even know where I live?

If you aren't American, how can you know the ins and outs of our health care system personally? That lowers the level of argument.

Also, it isn't a God given right that everyone should have free health care. At least that is what I believe. If you have a job and are helping out society, you can get healthcare. But if you aren't doing anything and being lazy, why should I spend my hard-earned for you to get treatment to lose weight?
__________________
struckpx is offline  
Old 07-04-2007, 05:22 PM   #235
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,695
Local Time: 09:50 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by struckpx


Mismanagement: Post-office. Wasn't due to technology. They flat out had to many employees.
You don't think email has changed the post office? Come on!!!
__________________
BVS is online now  
Old 07-04-2007, 05:23 PM   #236
Acrobat
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 485
Local Time: 03:50 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar


You don't think email has changed the post office? Come on!!!
i am not debating that. but, its government. they don't care about that stuff. for the government to lay off people it has to be in severely bad conditions.
__________________
struckpx is offline  
Old 07-04-2007, 05:23 PM   #237
Blue Crack Addict
 
anitram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: NY
Posts: 16,295
Local Time: 10:50 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by struckpx

Also, it isn't a God given right that everyone should have free health care. At least that is what I believe. If you have a job and are helping out society, you can get healthcare. But if you aren't doing anything and being lazy, why should I spend my hard-earned for you to get treatment to lose weight?
Just like Jesus taught.
__________________
anitram is offline  
Old 07-04-2007, 05:27 PM   #238
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,695
Local Time: 09:50 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by struckpx


If you aren't American, how can you know the ins and outs of our health care system personally? That lowers the level of argument.
I do live in America, but it isn't smart to make assumptions. There are people who have lived here once and don't anymore. Or who just have done the research.

Regardless, assumptions and personal attacks should be avoided.

Quote:
Originally posted by struckpx

Also, it isn't a God given right that everyone should have free health care. At least that is what I believe.
I don't know what god you believe in.

Quote:
Originally posted by struckpx

If you have a job and are helping out society, you can get healthcare.
That's not true. There are many who work and still can't afford healthcare. Do a little research.
__________________
BVS is online now  
Old 07-04-2007, 05:28 PM   #239
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,695
Local Time: 09:50 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by struckpx


i am not debating that. but, its government. they don't care about that stuff. for the government to lay off people it has to be in severely bad conditions.
But it was still due to technology, why are you denying that?

Face it, it was a bad analogy.
__________________
BVS is online now  
Old 07-04-2007, 06:32 PM   #240
Acrobat
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 485
Local Time: 03:50 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar


But it was still due to technology, why are you denying that?

Face it, it was a bad analogy.
No, the post office should be making money no matter what, for it is a monopoly in its system. It has no competition, therefore it has nothing to lose.
__________________

__________________
struckpx is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:50 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com