Michael Moore - brilliant and uplifting - Page 14 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 07-04-2007, 03:28 PM   #196
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,698
Local Time: 01:10 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by struckpx


whatever you say buddy. all of my arguments are weak to you. notice how i haven't said any of your arguments are weak. i respect you enough to at least respond to them and keep personal thoughts to myself.
What's your problem? Where did I say your argument was weak?

The analogy didn't work, that's all I said.

And then I asked you a question.
__________________

__________________
BVS is online now  
Old 07-04-2007, 03:42 PM   #197
Blue Crack Distributor
 
VintagePunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: In a dry and waterless place
Posts: 55,732
Local Time: 02:10 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by financeguy


I wasn't aware that any of these countries had embraced socialism.
Comrade



Quote:
Originally posted by struckpx


all of my arguments are weak to you. notice how i haven't said any of your arguments are weak. i respect you enough to at least respond to them and keep personal thoughts to myself.
That's because they are weak. The business one wasn't a very good analogy, many large businesses function very well, and are extremely profitable.

Your argument has gone from putting down universal health care to focusing on the incapability of your government to administer it. That's not a fault of the health care model. If your faith in your government is that weak, then you and others who feel similarly need to find a way to hold them accountable.

Also, Michael Moore's body weight and income have nothing to do with it, either.
__________________

__________________
VintagePunk is online now  
Old 07-04-2007, 03:46 PM   #198
Acrobat
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 485
Local Time: 07:10 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by VintagePunk


Comrade





That's because they are weak. The business one wasn't a very good analogy, many large businesses function very well, and are extremely profitable.

Your argument has gone from putting down universal health care to focusing on the incapability of your government to administer it. That's not a fault of the health care model. If your faith in your government is that weak, then you and others who feel similarly need to find a way to hold them accountable.

Also, Michael Moore's body weight and income have nothing to do with it, either.
No, they are not weak, you just don't want to answer them.

And those countries have socialist traits to them.
__________________
struckpx is offline  
Old 07-04-2007, 03:50 PM   #199
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,698
Local Time: 01:10 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by struckpx


No, they are not weak, you just don't want to answer them.

And those countries have socialist traits to them.
Well, then why don't you show us, because you haven't yet, not even close.

Why don't you answer my question?

I won't even touch the rest of your argument...
__________________
BVS is online now  
Old 07-04-2007, 03:51 PM   #200
Acrobat
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 485
Local Time: 07:10 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar


Well, then why don't you show us, because you haven't yet, not even close.

Why don't you answer my question?

I won't even touch the rest of your argument...
you haven't touched it. you just say it isn't good. how so? give me what you think is an alternative. i have given you mine
__________________
struckpx is offline  
Old 07-04-2007, 03:56 PM   #201
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,698
Local Time: 01:10 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by struckpx


you haven't touched it. you just say it isn't good. how so? give me what you think is an alternative. i have given you mine
What? I say what isn't good?

You are the one that came up with the argument that it won't work due to population, well now back it up.
__________________
BVS is online now  
Old 07-04-2007, 04:00 PM   #202
Acrobat
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 485
Local Time: 07:10 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar


What? I say what isn't good?

You are the one that came up with the argument that it won't work due to population, well now back it up.
i did. more population, more workers, more costs, higher taxes, more confusion. where did you not get that?
__________________
struckpx is offline  
Old 07-04-2007, 04:03 PM   #203
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,698
Local Time: 01:10 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by struckpx


i did. more population, more workers, more costs, higher taxes, more confusion. where did you not get that?
And it's been said, that it only makes sense that with larger populations you automatically get more workers and more costs, why do you keep ignoring that?

Your more confusion argument is just an opinion, you haven't backed that up, your larger company analogy didn't work.

Sorry, but you just don't have a great grasp on this one.
__________________
BVS is online now  
Old 07-04-2007, 04:06 PM   #204
Acrobat
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 485
Local Time: 07:10 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar


And it's been said, that it only makes sense that with larger populations you automatically get more workers and more costs, why do you keep ignoring that?

Your more confusion argument is just an opinion, you haven't backed that up, your larger company analogy didn't work.

Sorry, but you just don't have a great grasp on this one.
you aren't backing your side up as well, simply saying that you don't think that. proof? where is an example of a large country the size of the us having universal health care, population wise?

look at what happened w/ the various oil companies a few years ago.
__________________
struckpx is offline  
Old 07-04-2007, 04:08 PM   #205
Blue Crack Addict
 
deep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: A far distance down.
Posts: 28,501
Local Time: 11:10 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by struckpx


i did. more population, more workers, more costs, higher taxes, more confusion. where did you not get that?
How much real experience have you had with health care?

Are you paying for health insurance now?

I am 3 times your age.

And when I needed a hernia repair operation I had to wait 3 weeks to get it done.

and I had to pay around $4000 - $5000.

I live in California, Newport Beach to be exact. And I can tell you that having Health Care controlled and dealt out by for- profit insurance companies is about the least cost effective way to do it.
__________________
deep is offline  
Old 07-04-2007, 04:10 PM   #206
Blue Crack Addict
 
deep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: A far distance down.
Posts: 28,501
Local Time: 11:10 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by struckpx

look at what happened w/ the various oil companies a few years ago.
What
with favorable legislation from the Bush Administration the have made the most obscene profits in history?
__________________
deep is offline  
Old 07-04-2007, 04:12 PM   #207
Acrobat
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 485
Local Time: 07:10 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by deep


What
with favorable legislation from the Bush Administration the have made the most obscene profits in history?
enron
__________________
struckpx is offline  
Old 07-04-2007, 04:15 PM   #208
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,698
Local Time: 01:10 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by struckpx


you aren't backing your side up as well, simply saying that you don't think that. proof? where is an example of a large country the size of the us having universal health care, population wise?
What? That's your argument? Because there isn't one, it won't work? Moscow once didn't have a McDonald's...


This is how it works, you made the argument it's the burden of proof for you to back it up.


Quote:
Originally posted by struckpx

look at what happened w/ the various oil companies a few years ago.
So because some large companies had problems they all have problems? Sorry but you just aren't making sense.
__________________
BVS is online now  
Old 07-04-2007, 04:17 PM   #209
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,698
Local Time: 01:10 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by struckpx


enron
Enron isn't an example of too large not working, it's an example of corruption.
__________________
BVS is online now  
Old 07-04-2007, 04:23 PM   #210
Acrobat
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 485
Local Time: 07:10 PM
i backed my idea up w/ governmental agencies, all which have flopped. you haven't mentioned those.
__________________

__________________
struckpx is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:10 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com