Michael Badnarik

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

verte76

Blue Crack Addict
No, he's not nearly as famous as Ralph Nader, but Michael Badnarik was recently nominated as the Libertarian candidate for president. Will he have any impact on the election? He plans television publicity for the fall campaign. Since I don't like in a swing state it's almost like the campaign doesn't exist here because we don't get campaign ads.

They may read about him or see one of his campaign stickers or see one of his ads on TV and decide to check him out. It probably won't be a substantial thing, but a key difference in my opinion is ballot presence. Nader is struggling to get on state ballots. The Libertarian ticket most likely will be on the ballot in all 50 states. In 2000 Nader was not on the ballot in Alabama, but the Libertarian candidate was. They have an organized party apparatus in all 50 states.

Incidentally, Badnarik is currently polling about 1% of the votes in polls, with the other third-party voters (2%) currently supporting Ralph Nader, according to the Rasmussen poll. None of the other polls give numbers on the non-major party candidates. I went to Ralph Nader's web site today and Illinois and Michigan have both rejected the efforts of people to get him on the ballot. He has filed suit in both states. It makes you wonder how many lawsuits he's looking at. All of the state deadlines are less than a month away.

Back
Top Bottom