MERGED (yet again): All Gay Marriage Discussion Here Please - Page 34 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-29-2004, 06:55 PM   #496
Refugee

Local Time: 02:58 PM
I dont think I can post pictures because I'm not a premium member. http://img20.photobucket.com/albums/...o/Gaia/gay.gif

but I like this banner. It for me also brings back to the topic about is marriage just for procreation.

Speaking from semi-personal experience...I dont mind it when people don't agree with being gay or whatever. I dont understand it. And I think that may be the only reason I dont always like people bitching about gay marriage ruining the world. What I dont understand is why people see it as a threat or anything. Why not just let people be?

I've experienced some really homophobic attitudes at my school for the past few years. Luckily nothing violent has happened because of the situation. But still. I dont like having my friends or myself taunted. I find it strange. I dont really get offended. I feel that the person doing the taunting just looks dumb. Ya know, being accepted is just being rejected by those who arent accepted.

I hope this post made some sense. I really dont know what my point is/was. I'm just trying to relate this to a personal experience.

Old 03-29-2004, 07:20 PM   #497
She's the One

Local Time: 11:58 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by paxetaurora

Also: does this mean I can call the cops every time someone's cell phone rings during Mass?
So something constructive may come out of all this?

Old 03-29-2004, 08:09 PM   #498
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by RavenStar
I dont think I can post pictures because I'm not a premium member. http://img20.photobucket.com/albums/...o/Gaia/gay.gif
You can post [IMG] tags, but you can't attach pictures as a non-premium member.

So I'll do the [IMG] for you:

Melon
Old 03-29-2004, 08:16 PM   #499
Refugee

awesome thanks. I wasnt sure if I could post a pic or not. Ack I wish I had a credit card.
Old 03-29-2004, 09:15 PM   #500
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 01:58 PM
That is awesome. . Thanks for sharing that.

Angela
Old 03-31-2004, 08:13 PM   #501
She's the One

I was reading in the paper today that the marriages performed in Massachussetts next month will not be invalidated by the amendment, if the amendment is finally ratified. Those couples married in Mass. after May 17 will be always married.

That made me happy, in a quiet and celebratory way.
Old 03-31-2004, 08:30 PM   #502
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Quote:
Originally posted by martha
I was reading in the paper today that the marriages performed in Massachussetts next month will not be invalidated by the amendment, if the amendment is finally ratified. Those couples married in Mass. after May 17 will be always married.

That made me happy, in a quiet and celebratory way.
. That is cool news.

Angela
Old 04-01-2004, 12:03 AM   #503
ONE
love, blood, life

Donot be happy yet,,,,,,THe Governor is attempting to get the court to hold off marriages until the commonwealth gets to vote on the ammendment.

So far the AG is refusing to approach the court on this.
Old 04-01-2004, 12:08 AM   #504
She's the One

I know. But who's going to let them hold it for, what? two more years?
Old 04-02-2004, 08:01 AM   #505
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Dick Cheney's Wife's Lesbian Tale
by Beth Shapiro

Posted: April 1, 2004 5:02 p.m. ET

(New York City) It might have gone unnoticed, relegated to a small corner of the archives, but with the focus of the nation on gay marriage Lynne Cheney's past is coming back and it could haunt the GOP through this year's presidential campaign.

Cheney is wife of Vice President Dick Cheney and the mother of Mary Cheney who is out. But, Lynne Cheney has her own lesbian past; a 1981 novel she penned called "Sisters".

Penguin books is republishing the book in paperback. It will be out next week.

Billed as a novel about feminism in the Old West, the book features all of the things her husband's party reels against. There are plenty of condoms, lots of prostitution and a torrid lesbian love subplot.

The book is bound to raise the hackles of conservatives. Dick Cheney has already been forced to disavow comments he made during the last election campaign that gay marriage is an issue that should be left to the states. The Vice President now joins his boss in supporting an amendment to the US Constitution to ban gay marriage.

And, Cheney once proud to discuss his lesbian daughter on the campaign trail, refuses to answer questions about her reaction to his flip flop on gay marriage. (story) As for Mary Cheney, she is running her father's campaign, but has refused to comment on either her father's newly found position or gay marriage.

It is likely mom Cheney's book which shows lesbian relationships in a positive light will feature prominently in attacks on the administration.

In announcing the republication of the book Publishers Weekly said "Sisters" contains "lots of turgid prose, heaving bosoms, female characters who are proto-feminists and practice safe sex with multiple partners -- and a juicy lesbian subplot."

Lynne Cheney has spent much of her professional life writing and speaking about the importance of history and holds a Ph.D. with a specialization in 19th century British literature from the University of Wisconsin.

One gay bookstore has already seized on the opportunity to politicize the book.

Left Bank Books in St. Louis says it will donate 10 percent of proceeds to the scholarship fund of the National Gay and Lesbian Task Force's annual Creating Change Conference.
Oh what is the GOP to do with those Cheneys?

Melon
Old 04-02-2004, 08:35 AM   #506
Jesus Online

Local Time: 06:58 AM
with all due (???) respect to people's opinions, if the attack comes down to an assault on a novel written 23 years ago, byt the WIFE, then they have certainly hit the bottom.

but as they say, this is politics, and anything goes right?
Old 04-02-2004, 10:37 AM   #507
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by Angela Harlem
with all due (???) respect to people's opinions, if the attack comes down to an assault on a novel written 23 years ago, byt the WIFE, then they have certainly hit the bottom.

but as they say, this is politics, and anything goes right?
Well I think there is a certain point to this. One I think it says something about our society that two women together is much more accepted than two men. And two a politician is involved in an administration who's trying to take away homosexual's rights, yet they had no problem making money off it's alure.
Old 04-02-2004, 04:46 PM   #508
Refugee

Read more excerpts here:

http://whitehouse.org/administration/sisters.asp
Old 04-02-2004, 09:42 PM   #509
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar

I think it says something about our society that two women together is much more accepted than two men.
Old 04-03-2004, 08:36 AM   #510
you are what you is

Local Time: 08:58 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar

One I think it says something about our society that two women together is much more accepted than two men.
is that true?

I thought the only difference is that more horny males would want to know what goes on in the bedroom of 2 women

but I wouldn't call that more accepted

“Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.”
~Frank Zappa