MERGED-->The Pope insults Islam + Turkish official compares Pope...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
More of the same from Acts 2: 44-45

"All the believers were together and had everything in common. Selling their possessions and goods, they gave to anyone as he had need. "

Friggin commies :madspit:

melon said:

"As he was setting out on a journey, a man ran up, knelt down before Him, and asked Him, 'Good teacher, what must I do to inherit eternal life?' Jesus answered him, 'Why do you call me good? No one is good but God alone. You know the commandments: 'You shall not kill; you shall not commit adultery; you shall not steal; you shall not bear false witness; you shall not defraud; honor your father and your mother.'' He replied and said to him, 'Teacher, all of these I have observed from my youth.' Jesus, looking at him, loved him and said to him, 'You are lacking in one thing. Go, sell what you have, and give to (the) poor and you will have treasure in heaven; then come, follow me.' At that statement his face fell, and he went away sad, for he had many possessions." - Mark 10:17-22

No, I think it's better off being called "The Bible."

Melon

Actually - Jesus is going to the heart of this young man. Money and respect is was what he truly worshipped - not God. For others it may be something else. The point of the story is 1) to be willing to make God the top priority and love of your life; and 2) be willing to sacrifice what He asks you to sacrifice.

This is not an example of Marxism.

Well, we should have known all along: the Zionists are behind Pope Benedict's remarks! Of course!

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/09/17/060917085717.hyi6hm06.html

Iranian hardline newspapers said there were signs of an Israeli-US plot behind remarks by Pope Benedict XVI that linked Islam to violence and created a wave of anger across the Muslim world.

The daily Jomhuri Islami said Israel and the United States -- the Islamic republic's two arch-enemies -- could have dictated the comments to distract attention from the resistance of the Shiite militant group Hezbollah to Israel's offensive on Lebanon.

"The reality is that if we do not consider Pope Benedict XVI to be ignorant of Islam, then his remarks against Islam are a dictat that the Zionists and the Americans have written (for him) and have submitted to him."

"The American and the Zionist aim is to undermine the glorious triumph of Islam's children of Lebanese Hezbollah, which annulled the undefeatable legend of the Israeli army and foiled the Satanic and colonialist American plot," it said.

A_Wanderer said:
The opposite of Marxism would be pure individual self-interest, does that match God.

I never said Marxism was the "opposite" of God - I just said the Bible did not teach Marxism.

Brothers and sister in Christ sharing food and materials is not the same as living for the State. The emphasis of this part of Acts is that the church community should live as a family - caring for one another.

Pope Apologizes for Uproar Over His Remarks

By Ian Fisher
The New York Times, September 17

ROME, Sept. 17 — Pope Benedict XVI sought Sunday to extinguish days of anger and protest among Muslims by issuing an extraordinary personal apology for having caused offense with a speech last week that cited a reference to Islam as “evil and inhuman.” “I am deeply sorry for the reactions in some countries to a few passages of my address,” the pope told pilgrims at the summer papal palace of Castel Gandolfo, “which were considered offensive. These were in fact quotations from a medieval text, which do not in any way express my personal thought."
His apology came amid much worry in the church about violence and any erosion of the status of the papacy as a neutral figure for peace among faiths...Beyond the anger among Muslims, the pope’s comments have also provoked a complicated debate in Italy and among many Catholics, on issues including whether he appreciated the reaction he would provoke and whether the pope’s speeches, which he usually writes himself, are properly vetted by a Vatican undergoing a bureaucratic transition. Several Vatican officials said they had expressed concern before the speech was delivered that it might be negatively received by Muslims or be misconstrued by the news media as an attack on Islam.
In Egypt, a senior member of the Muslim Brotherhood, which had been critical of the pope, initially said Sunday that the pope’s remarks represented a “good step toward an apology.” Later statements from the group, however, seemed to cast doubt on whether it accepted the apology fully.

In Gaza, the Palestinian prime minister, Ismail Haniya, denounced attacks on some half-dozen churches there and in the West Bank. In Bethlehem, sacred to Christians as the birthplace of Jesus and home to many Arab Christians, police presence was higher than usual. “The Christian brothers are a part of the Palestinian people, and I heard the highest Christian authority in Palestine denouncing the statements against Islam and against Muslims,” Mr. Haniya told reporters.
While anger remained high in Turkey, the nation’s foreign minister, Abdullah Gul, said on Sunday that he expected Benedict’s planned trip there in November would go ahead. But he called the pope’s remarks “really regrettable.” The Vatican’s new secretary of state, Cardinal Tarcisio Bertone, also said Sunday that he expected the pope’s visit to Turkey to proceed.

The furor, which has left Benedict’s 17-month papacy with its first major crisis, has also set off a round of second-guessing in the Vatican and among church experts about exactly what happened. First among the questions — which the pope refuted on Sunday — is whether he in fact intended to make a statement about Islam and violence. Second is whether he realized the extent of the reaction.

But more concretely, experts said, the issue raised questions both about how the church operates under this new pope, and to what extent his statements are checked and balanced diplomatically now that he is no longer an academic but the leader of the world’s billion Roman Catholics. Benedict is used to writing his own speeches, and several Vatican officials said he wrote Tuesday’s address, one of the most significant of the papacy, by himself. The officials, speaking anonymously because they were not authorized to discuss this publicly, said that there was concern in the Vatican before he delivered it, both about the reaction among Muslims and how the news media would portray the passages relating to Islam. That concern was relayed up the chain of command, the officials said, but it is not clear if it reached the pope.

At a time when the Vatican has just replaced its second-in-command and its foreign minister, many experts also said that the Vatican does not have enough experts on Islam to gauge reaction to any papal statements. “They have nobody to really ask,” said the Rev. Thomas Michel, secretary for inter-religious dialogue for the Jesuit order of priests. “Whoever looked at it and let that go through is someone who doesn’t understand Muslims at all.”

In February, Benedict reassigned the Vatican’s most senior Arab expert, Archbishop Michael Fitzgerald, then the head of inter-religious dialogue, to Cairo as the Vatican envoy there. The move was seen at the time by some church experts as a sign of Benedict’s skepticism about the value of dialogue with Muslims. “I think one may say, if it is not too impolite, that it is time to bring back Monsignor Fitzgerald,” said Alberto Melloni, professor of history at the University of Modena, who has written several books on the Vatican.

AEON said:
This is not an example of Marxism.

And I never said it was. However, passages like these are not fitting for "The Anti-Communist Manifesto."

Melon

As far as I can see the only way this kind of shit stopping is for the entire Islamic faith to grow out of it's shell because it's more extreme than the conservative Christian right in this country as I see it. As far as I can tell you don't see the Conservative Christian Right Threatening to kill, burn effigies and call for a jihad.

I meant to post this here. But it fits well in that other thread.

Well, I don't know that it's strictly the Islamic religion that has to grow out of a shell. The Pope is no longer an academic; this is a sign of that. What's next?

There showing only evil and inhuman right now, Mohhamed showed it and thats Why Jesus is more important than Mohhamed. Mohhamed is Irrelivant.

Last edited:
Justin24 said:
There showing only evil and inhuman right now, Mohhamed showed it and thats Why Jesus is more important than Mohhamed. Mohhamed is Irrelivant.

Who exactly showing evil and inhumanity? All Muslims?

Wow! Speaking of inhumanity...

BonoVoxSupastar said:

And what truth is that?
:|

Didn't he just quote some old saying from hundreds of years earlier? I guess it is the truth that he quoted it. It must be true that at one time it had been said...

And then he explained that he didn't necessarily agree with it (though maybe deep inside he does, who knows?) and that he simply offered a historical perspective. There is never a right time to do that with some.

Reaction a little over the top...as it seems to be quite frequently. And now they have shot an 60 year old Italian nun, working in a children's hospital in Africa, in the back.

Last edited:
BonoVoxSupastar said:

Who exactly showing evil and inhumanity? All Muslims?

Wow! Speaking of inhumanity...

I am not showing inhumanity. Only reality.

The minority of Islams saying must be we live by the book and you die by the sword. Allah Akbar!!!

Justin24 said:

I am not showing inhumanity. Only reality.

The minority of Islams saying must be we live by the book and you die by the sword. Allah Akbar!!!

Yes, you are. You are judging 22% of this planet, calling them evil and inhumane.

I am judging 1% for the evil acts. The other 21% have done nothing to stop that 1 %.

You sleep well at night knowing that there are millions out there that want to kill you. Which could have been prevented if the Imams would have grown some balls to stop this infection that has taken over Islam.

By the way I do have muslim friends and I wanted to go out with this muslim girl but I follow what her religion says.

Justin24 said:
You sleep well at night knowing that there are millions out there that want to kill you. Which could have been prevented if the Imams would have grown some balls to stop this infection that has taken over Islam.

Millions? Prevented? Please.

Justin24 said:

By the way I do have muslim friends and I wanted to go out with this muslim girl but I follow what her religion says.

Good thing she doesn't read FYM, she may not want to be your friend.

So far I don't think I have said anything wrong. I should have clarified that most of the shit I say is for example only. Do you think your a good Moral person?

Listen all I ask if for the muslim community for a little action to stop the spread of hate and violence. Do you know what I would like to see??????????????????? I would like to see Flocks of christians for a month to go to a mosque and learn and vice versa this includes the jewish, buddhist, Hindu etc.. Thats what COexist is right?

Really? So when ever you get mad you never say oh your dead, or I hate you or I want to kill that person?

Justin24 said:
Listen all I ask if for the muslim community for a little action to stop the spread of hate and violence. Do you know what I would like to see??????????????????? I would like to see Flocks of christians for a month to go to a mosque and learn and vice versa this includes the jewish, buddhist, Hindu etc.. Thats what COexist is right?

Yes this sounds good, and I'd like to see some of this as well. But I'm not going to call everyone of a certain religion evil and inhumane just because they don't make the noise I consider acceptable. You'll never see COEXIST with your perspective.

Well people change,if you believe in that, and who knows I could change someday. I don't think the pope directed that "quote" to all muslims.

Justin24 said:
Well people change and I don't think the pope directed that "quote" to all muslims.

Well now you're changing your tune. The quote didn't say certain Muslims, it didn't say only terrorists...read the quote again.

Back
Top Bottom