MERGED==> The politics of Katrina + Trent Lott + Michael Moore - Page 28 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 09-13-2005, 10:57 AM   #406
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 07:13 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by sulawesigirl4

Arguing with my mom over IM. Oh yeah, let's not "politicize" it...it wasn't Bush's fault, blah blah blah. Hello mom...the idiot that YOU voted for is a real winner!

Suli-
i like your ma.
I knew there was something special about you.

db9

Old 09-13-2005, 11:31 AM   #407
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:13 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2Bama

Based on past incidents, a photographer must be quite brave to confront a gun-toting Sean Penn. Didn't he have a punch-the-photographer incident when he was with Madonna? I am glad he's helping thought.

~U2Alabama
Gun-toting Sean Penn?? Does that make him a merc??

Old 09-13-2005, 02:09 PM   #408
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:13 AM
moved to other thread
Old 09-13-2005, 02:43 PM   #409
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:13 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2Bama

Based on past incidents, a photographer must be quite brave to confront a gun-toting Sean Penn. Didn't he have a punch-the-photographer incident when he was with Madonna? I am glad he's helping thought.

~U2Alabama
Gutsy OK. I don't think I would try to photograph the guy. I'm glad he's helping too.
Old 09-13-2005, 09:30 PM   #410
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by nbcrusader

Gun-toting Sean Penn?? Does that make him a merc??
Maybe he's one of those "Blackwater" private military guys.

~U2Alabama
Old 09-14-2005, 12:04 PM   #411
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:13 AM
http://www.washtimes.com/national/20...0153-3878r.htm

"House Majority Leader Tom DeLay said yesterday that Republicans have done so well in cutting spending that he declared an "ongoing victory," and said there is simply no fat left to cut in the federal budget.

Mr. DeLay was defending Republicans' choice to borrow money and add to this year's expected $331 billion deficit to pay for Hurricane Katrina relief. Some Republicans have said Congress should make cuts in other areas, but Mr. DeLay said that doesn't seem possible. "
Old 09-19-2005, 09:34 AM   #412
Blue Crack Addict

sorry for the fat farm thing, that's Page Six for you

September 19, 2005 -- FRESH out of a Florida fat farm, filmmaker Michael Moore has followed Sean Penn's mud-caked footsteps down to New Orleans to help with Hurricane Katrina relief efforts. "He's doing wonders in terms of distributing provisions," a reliable source tells us. It's not known whether the "Bowling for Columbine" director was trawling with documentary cameras. Moore's flack did not return calls. But it would be no surprise. In an open letter to President Bush earlier this month, the liberal heavy blamed the delay in government help for hurricane victims on "race and class" and ranted, "Can you imagine leaving white people on their roofs for five days?"
Old 09-19-2005, 11:11 AM   #413
Blue Crack Addict

I can't believe the mayor of New Orleans thinks it's ok to return now. Gee, that was quick. Everything's just great now, I guess.

Please.
Old 09-22-2005, 05:15 PM   #414
Blue Crack Addict

now Katrina is being linked to the war on terror

"You know, something we -- I've been thinking a lot about how America has responded, and it's clear to me that Americans value human life, and value every person as important. And that stands in stark contrast, by the way, to the terrorists we have to deal with. You see, we look at the destruction caused by Katrina, and our hearts break. They're the kind of people who look at Katrina and wish they had caused it. We're in a war against these people. It's a war on terror. These are evil men who target the suffering. They killed 3,000 people on September the 11th, 2001. And they've continued to kill. See, sometimes we forget about the evil deeds of these people. They've killed in Madrid, and Istanbul, and Baghdad, and Bali, and London, and Sharm el-Sheikh, and Jerusalem, and Tel Aviv. Around the world they continue to kill."

http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/relea...0050921-1.html
Old 09-22-2005, 06:16 PM   #415
Refugee

Katrina IS linked to the war on terror. But not in the way W likes. I'm just waiting for someone to print up a study on what proportion of tropps in Iraq right now are Gulf Coasters from "working class" familes....And don't tell me Blanco's stupidity was the only reason there was National Guard in NOLA. One -third of their force was in Iraq the end of August./

PS. Since no-one has started a seperate thread on it, Let's say a prater for any Texans opn here...Thnak God, He must have whispered in the band's ear when they set up the tour schedule: "thou shalt NOT play any date in the Southern US (esp Houston) until hurricane season is officially over.
Old 09-22-2005, 09:23 PM   #416
Blue Crack Addict

I have family in Texas, so you'd better believe I'm praying for Texas right now.
Old 09-22-2005, 10:19 PM   #417
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 08:13 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by verte76
I have family in Texas, so you'd better believe I'm praying for Texas right now.
I hope your family'll be all right, verte .
Old 10-13-2005, 10:15 AM   #418
Blue Crack Addict

Famed US filmmaker Spike Lee is reportedly to produce and direct a new documentary about the deadly aftermath of Hurricane Katrina in flood-stricken New Orleans.

Lee, 48, the maker of such hit feature films as "Malcolm X" (1992) and "Do the Right Thing" (1989), is to make "When the Levee Broke" for the US HBO cable television channel, the network told Daily Variety.

No details of the project were immediately available, however. Lee is currently putting the final touches on his latest film, "The Inside Man", starring Denzel Washington, Jodie Foster and Clive Owen.
Old 10-13-2005, 03:38 PM   #419
Blue Crack Addict

www.breitbart.com

Bomb, not Katrina, broke dikes: Farrakhan
Oct 13

Nation of Islam leader Louis Farrakhan fueled a rumor that explosives, not Hurricane Katrina, broke New Orleans' dikes and flooded poor African American neighborhoods.

"A member of the Army Corps of Engineers saw burn marks on the concrete," Farrakhan told reporters, describing an e-mail he had received.

"They found two types of explosives used by the military," he said, without naming the source, adding that an eight-meter (25-foot) crater had been blown in the dike.

Farrakhan said locals had reported sounds of explosions, among other things, leading him to believe the rumors should be investigated.

"Wickedness exists in high places," he said. "The duty of the government is to prove the rumor to be false or that these suspicions are true."

The Chicago-based Nation of Islam is an offshoot of Islam. Farrakhan has earned headlines with controversial statements about Jews and homosexuals.

He also attacked the Federal Emergency Management Agency and the Red Cross.

"FEMA is insensitive, there are not enough blacks high up. The Red Cross, too. It's too white, it is! Racism poisoned the bloodstream of politics," he said.

"Don't think it's non existent in the Red Cross or FEMA," he said.
Old 08-29-2007, 05:20 PM   #420
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 07:13 AM

Great pic.
Attached Images