MERGED==> The politics of Katrina + Trent Lott + Michael Moore - Page 25 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 09-09-2005, 02:27 PM   #361
Blue Crack Supplier

Location: 8 years and I still can't think of anything witty to put here
Local Time: 09:30 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by MrsSpringsteen
I've read several times that Michael Moore is considering a movie, I guess it would be like a Fah 9/11 about Katrina..

Michael Moore and his crew are on the scene in Covington, La. A source tells MSNBC.com's Jeannette Walls that the "Fahrenheit 9/11" director is "seriously considering" turning the disaster and its political fallout into a documentary. Word is that the Oscar winner does have cameras, but one of his associates tells us, "We didn't go there to make a documentary. We're participating in the relief effort"

No more movies.

Old 09-09-2005, 02:35 PM   #362
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:30 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by nbcrusader

Please. I guess until you see GWB's head on a stick, you will always question any investigation.
I don't think that was elfyx's point. He just wants bipartisan answers, like we all do.

Old 09-09-2005, 05:44 PM   #363
Blue Crack Addict

http://politicalhumor.about.com/b/a/200507.htm

I like this part, lol

"Now for people who are saying, 'Well, let’s stop pointing fingers at the president, the left-wing media is being too hard on him' — no. Shut up. No. This is inarguably — inarguably — a failure of leadership from the top of the federal government. Remember when Bill Clinton went out with Monica Lewinsky. That was inarguably a failure of judgment at the top. Democrats had to come out and risk losing credibility if they did not condemn Bill Clinton for his behavior. I believe Republicans are in the same position right now, and I will say this: Hurricane Katrina is George Bush’s Monica Lewinsky. The only difference is that tens of thousands of people weren’t stranded in Monica Lewinsky’s vagina. Although, this is an interesting point, her vagina at the time was also known at the Superdome
Old 09-09-2005, 05:52 PM   #364
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 06:30 AM
I posted the web addy for Jon Stewart in the 'Daily Show' appreciation thread over at the LS. He's been brilliant all this week. You should definitely watch all 3 from this week: Inarguable Failure, Meet the F**kers, and Hurricane Aftermath.

http://www.comedycentral.com/shows/t...es/index.jhtml
Old 09-09-2005, 06:09 PM   #365
Blue Crack Distributor

i don't like how there are many on the left that are using this tragedy to lob blow after blow at president bush yet are glancing over the fact that that the mayor of new orleans and the governor of louisiana, both democrats, fucked up royaly, too.

all three need to be blamed.
Old 09-09-2005, 06:21 PM   #366
War Child

Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase
i don't like how there are many on the left that are using this tragedy to lob blow after blow at president bush yet are glancing over the fact that that the mayor of new orleans and the governor of louisiana, both democrats, fucked up royaly, too.

I completely agree that all three need to be blamed.
Old 09-09-2005, 06:34 PM   #367
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

I think it's sort of dumb actually for some of the democrats to be so agressive. For once, the media is challenging the pat answers. The democrats don't need to beat us over the head with how stupid the administration has acted. We know it, we can see it. Everyday we see it. I'm seeing it now on NBC news. I don't need Pelosi or Reid to tell me. I'm afraid it might backfire.

And yes, the locals fucked up too.

btw, Brown's in charge of preparing for Ophelia (according to NBC).
Old 09-09-2005, 06:42 PM   #368
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:30 AM
Quote:
Hurricane Katrina is George Bush’s Monica Lewinsky
Jon Stewert is an excellent comediane. Too bad he is also viewed as a source of news.
Old 09-10-2005, 04:46 AM   #369
War Child

Local Time: 01:30 PM
Quote:

michael moore can suck my nuts

nice to see him attempting to cash in on another national tragedy... douche bag
C'mon headache, he's only down there to help out- just ask him...

Anyway, think of all the water he can displace just by himself.
Old 09-10-2005, 07:56 AM   #370
Blue Crack Addict

I don't view Jon Stewart as a source of my news, but there is truth for me in much of his commentary
Old 09-10-2005, 07:58 AM   #371
Blue Crack Addict

http://www.trentlottsporch.com/
Old 09-10-2005, 08:15 AM   #372
Blue Crack Addict

http://news.yahoo.com/s/csm/20050909...A2BHNlYwM3NDI-

" Former Defense Secretary and Sen. William Cohen is credited with the quip, "Government is the enemy until you need a friend." In the wake of Katrina, that may have to be amended, "and then your friend may turn out to be dysfunctional."

We are learning the hard way about the costs of stinting on infrastructure to pay for tax cuts and the war in
Iraq. And we are learning the hard way about the cost of entrusting emergency response to the political cronies and contributors who people this administration."
Old 09-10-2005, 12:14 PM   #373
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by MrsSpringsteen
http://www.trentlottsporch.com/

The sad thing is, if I put that on my car, I'd be afraid that people wouldn't get the sarcasm
Old 09-10-2005, 12:50 PM   #374
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:30 PM
Quote:

I agree, the Democrats shouldn't be screaming too much about the administration's screw-ups. They've got their own problems.
Old 09-10-2005, 02:15 PM   #375
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 07:30 AM
The only thing I have to say about the right complaining that the left's being too hard on the federal government is that, once again, you just know that if it were a Democrat in office and this happened under their watch, there would indeed be people on the right lambasting them, too.

People are right, though, there are Democrats in this situation who've definitely screwed up, too. There's a lot of government officials on both sides that I just don't trust right now. It's just that the whole accusation of the left being too hard kinda irks me-yeah, well, the right would be the exact same way if the situation were reversed, so what's your point?

Sorry if that came off rude. Anywho, I'm in agreement with the idea of moving forward and yet still working to figure out why things fell apart the way they did.

Also...

Quote:
"I mean, you have people who don't heed those warnings and then put people at risk as a result of not heeding those warnings. There may be a need to look at tougher penalties on those who decide to ride it out and understand that there are consequences to not leaving.” –Sen. Rick Santorum (R-PA), Sept. 6, 2005
This guy...continues to appear more idiotic to me with each thing that comes out of his mouth. First off, as pointed out, not everyone had the ability to leave.

And second, again, even if people did have that ability, and yet didn't heed the warning, I still don't agree with this idea of "getting tough" on them. I would imagine there's lots of reasons why people don't leave, after all.

And on another related note, as long as we're all talking about various programs and the commentary on this all, did anyone catch Bill Maher's show last night? He sure had a lot to say about the government's actions. So did George Carlin (he was one of the guests).

One other thing that I was thinking about last night while watching Bill Maher...you know, I can only imagine that this has to be the most surreal thing in the world, for those who were affected by this hurricane, but who are still able to get to various news sources and whatnot, to see everyone and their mother commenting on all of this, be it on TV, on the Internet, on the radio...whatever.

Angela