MERGED==> The politics of Katrina + Trent Lott + Michael Moore - Page 14 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 09-02-2005, 08:59 PM   #196
Refugee
 
oktobergirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: the middle
Posts: 1,874
Local Time: 02:37 AM
I just watched the Geraldo and Shepherd Smith reports on Fox news. I have no words, just tears coming down my face.

It's been almost 6 days. This the United States. GET THEM OUT.
__________________

__________________
oktobergirl is offline  
Old 09-02-2005, 09:44 PM   #197
Blue Crack Addict
 
nbcrusader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Southern California
Posts: 22,071
Local Time: 02:37 AM
I've skimmed through the various Katrina threads and listened to plenty of political rhetoric over the last few days.

It is simply disgusting. I have a half-sister who lost her home in Slidell, LA. She and her family are refugees in the area, poor as dirt and have a far more positive attitude than the jaded observers casting political criticisms.

People who bitch and moan when their internet connection goes down for an hour act as if the Federal Government should be able to clean up the affected areas by dinner.

I hope more energy will be spent (by people in the US and around the world) in helping those who suffer instead of fiddling as political pundits.
__________________

__________________
nbcrusader is offline  
Old 09-02-2005, 09:48 PM   #198
Blue Crack Addict
 
Moonlit_Angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Posts: 19,256
Local Time: 04:37 AM
Another thing I'd meant to say about that religious guy, he said all those other "sins" died out when Katrina came through...rape and murder don't count as sins to this guy? . Those things are still happening, even long after Katrina's died...

Gah. People like that guy just drive me up the wall . I just honestly fail to understand how those kinds of thoughts come about.

Angela
__________________
Moonlit_Angel is offline  
Old 09-02-2005, 09:55 PM   #199
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
trevster2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Posts: 4,330
Local Time: 07:07 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by nbcrusader
I've skimmed through the various Katrina threads and listened to plenty of political rhetoric over the last few days.

It is simply disgusting. I have a half-sister who lost her home in Slidell, LA. She and her family are refugees in the area, poor as dirt and have a far more positive attitude than the jaded observers casting political criticisms.

People who bitch and moan when their internet connection goes down for an hour act as if the Federal Government should be able to clean up the affected areas by dinner.

I hope more energy will be spent (by people in the US and around the world) in helping those who suffer instead of fiddling as political pundits.

You are entitled to your opinion. BTW, is your sister stranded in the middle of New Orleans surrounded by polluted water, dead bodies, threats of violence and lack of food and clean water. I hope to God she isn't and she and her family are safe. But forgive me for siding with the people who are still trapped in the disaster zone instead of the federal government. Even Bush has admitted the efforts have been unacceptable.
__________________
trevster2k is offline  
Old 09-02-2005, 09:59 PM   #200
Blue Crack Addict
 
nbcrusader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Southern California
Posts: 22,071
Local Time: 02:37 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by trevster2k

You are entitled to your opinion. BTW, is your sister stranded in the middle of New Orleans surrounded by polluted water, dead bodies, threats of violence and lack of food and clean water. I hope to God she isn't and she and her family are safe. But forgive me for siding with the people who are still trapped in the disaster zone instead of the federal government. Even Bush has admitted the efforts have been unacceptable.
Thank you for underscoring the real problem: taking sides. While you are busy doing so, people are suffering. There are no sides in a disaster - everyone gets hurt.
__________________
nbcrusader is offline  
Old 09-02-2005, 10:06 PM   #201
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
hiphop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the jungle
Posts: 7,410
Local Time: 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by nbcrusader

There are no sides in a disaster - everyone gets hurt.
Everyone except of Condi who´s busy buying shoes, excuse me
__________________
hiphop is offline  
Old 09-02-2005, 10:30 PM   #202
Blue Crack Addict
 
deep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: A far distance down.
Posts: 28,501
Local Time: 02:37 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by nbcrusader


Thank you for underscoring the real problem: taking sides. While you are busy doing so, people are suffering. There are no sides in a disaster - everyone gets hurt.
the President did have to leave his 5 week vacation 2 days early
__________________
deep is offline  
Old 09-02-2005, 10:37 PM   #203
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
trevster2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Posts: 4,330
Local Time: 07:07 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by nbcrusader


Thank you for underscoring the real problem: taking sides. While you are busy doing so, people are suffering. There are no sides in a disaster - everyone gets hurt.

Everyone who has posted here expressing dismay about the rescue efforts which up to now have been relatively abysmal is doing so out of concern for the people who are suffering. Not to bash Bush, he just happens to be the guy in charge right now (ok, some are here to bash Bush too)

The real problem is not taking sides. It is getting those people in the Gulf Coast especially the folks in New Orleans to safety. And instead of me taking sides, should I be praising the pathetic initial efforts of authorities to prepare for the aftermath of the hurricane which was originally supposed to hit New Orleans directly as a Category 5? As reported by others, this was considered by experts to be the most devastating natural disaster to ever hit the US if it occurred. And it appears that apart from suggesting people leave the city, and not considering the fact that poor people did not have the means to escape, little else was done to prepare for the predicted cataclysmic disaster. Yeah, good job. I'm guilty as charged, taking sides, damn right! I agree with the mayor of New Orleans, time to get off their asses, stop patting each other on the back and continue the rescue efforts using every possible resource available.
__________________
trevster2k is offline  
Old 09-02-2005, 10:40 PM   #204
Blue Crack Addict
 
DaveC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: illegitimi non carborundum
Posts: 17,390
Local Time: 05:37 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by anitram
Also, Kanye West just went off on the NBC live show about how "President Bush doesn't care about black people."

There is video of it popping up all over.
Yet another reason for me to love 'Ye. He tells it like it is.

Fuck Bush, and fuck this government. Until this point, I've always had a disdain and lack of respect for this Republican monstrosity they call an administration. But to abandon thousands upon thousands of people to their deaths like this...this is just fucking inexcusable. It's sickening. It's morally repugnant. I've always had a distaste for Bush and this administration...but as a result of this...it's up to sheer hatred now.

Fucking unacceptable. Makes me wonder if the response would be any different if this kind of thing happened to say, Lower Manhattan.

God, to live in a part of the world where it would be easy to mount a coup d'etat...
__________________
DaveC is offline  
Old 09-02-2005, 10:43 PM   #205
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
trevster2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Posts: 4,330
Local Time: 07:07 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by DaveC


Yet another reason for me to love 'Ye. He tells it like it is.

Fuck Bush, and fuck this government. Until this point, I've always had a disdain and lack of respect for this Republican monstrosity they call an administration. But to abandon thousands upon thousands of people to their deaths like this...this is just fucking inexcusable. It's sickening. It's morally repugnant. I've always had a distaste for Bush and this administration...but as a result of this...it's up to sheer hatred now.

Fucking unacceptable. Makes me wonder if the response would be any different if this kind of thing happened to say, Lower Manhattan.

God, to live in a part of the world where it would be easy to mount a coup d'etat...
Don't hold back Dave, tell us what you really feel.
__________________
trevster2k is offline  
Old 09-02-2005, 10:47 PM   #206
Blue Crack Addict
 
DaveC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: illegitimi non carborundum
Posts: 17,390
Local Time: 05:37 AM
Me? Hold back?

You haven't read many of my posts, have you?
__________________
DaveC is offline  
Old 09-02-2005, 10:48 PM   #207
War Child
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 787
Local Time: 03:37 AM
Sides? I don't see a good side to the Feds failure (as in good vs. evil). I don't see a rallying of congresspersons to get this going. It may be moving along now but it's an overall disgraceful failure.

We need to get way past seeing criticism of any politician as taking sides. No matter our political affiliation.
__________________
jay canseco is offline  
Old 09-02-2005, 10:53 PM   #208
Refugee
Note: Troll-like
 
Palace_Hero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: The Morning After. Ranking: Troll of Interference. Interference Hotness Level: 3rd. Sex: Yes please.
Posts: 2,098
Local Time: 05:37 PM


You can't argue with evidence like that.
__________________
Palace_Hero is offline  
Old 09-02-2005, 11:01 PM   #209
Blue Crack Addict
 
DaveC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: illegitimi non carborundum
Posts: 17,390
Local Time: 05:37 AM
Don't drag that non-issue into this thread. That has nothing to do with what's being discussed here, and is already the subject of another thread here in FYM, in which I exposed this inane crap for the non-issue that it is.
__________________
DaveC is offline  
Old 09-02-2005, 11:10 PM   #210
Refugee
Note: Troll-like
 
Palace_Hero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: The Morning After. Ranking: Troll of Interference. Interference Hotness Level: 3rd. Sex: Yes please.
Posts: 2,098
Local Time: 05:37 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by DaveC
Don't drag that non-issue into this thread. That has nothing to do with what's being discussed here, and is already the subject of another thread here in FYM, in which I exposed this inane crap for the non-issue that it is.
I didn't see that thread till after I posted it.
__________________

__________________
Palace_Hero is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:37 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com