MERGED: The Last 72 Hours: ALL U.S. Election-Related Posting (COMMENTARY/CHITCHAT OK)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
matt76 said:
Bush you are a complete and utter tosser.

America is the most screwed up place in the world. How so many people are brainwashed into voting for that moron is ridiculous.

Perhaps we need a forum for those of superior intellect where they can safely stand in judgment of so many people

actually there are 4 kinds of people

people who think they are intellectual ( but actually they are dumb)

and people who other people think are dumb ( but actually they are smart)...

...dumbs as dumbs

and intelletuals as intellectual

lets fit everyone in these groups

nbcrusader said:
I guess we could have quite a discussion of what it means to be a Christian.

To follow the teachings and example of Jesus should define the word, Christian.

Using it for political gain is the antithesis.

Truly, an abomination

nbcrusader said:

Perhaps we need a forum for those of superior intellect where they can safely stand in judgment of so many people

Meanwhile back in reality Bush you are a complete Fu***** tosser.

I feel sorry that people in so many states (especially all the ones slap bang in the middle) do not realise what is happening in the world and decided to vote for a cretin who gets jeered and insulted in every country he goes to (not that he can hardly ever be allowed to go due to the ridiculous amount of money that has to be spent securing him). A guy who had hardly left the states before he became president and who now is unwelcome wherever he goes.

Nice one America!!How about that for your forum nbcrusader

matt76 said:

Meanwhile back in reality Bush you are a complete Fu***** tosser.

I feel sorry that people in so many states (especially all the ones slap bang in the middle) do not realise what is happening in the world and decided to vote for a cretin who gets jeered and insulted in every country he goes to (not that he can hardly ever be allowed to go due to the ridiculous amount of money that has to be spent securing him). A guy who had hardly left the states before he became president and who now is unwelcome wherever he goes.

Nice one America!!How about that for your forum nbcrusader

Our First Amendment guarantees the right of free speech - even ignorant free speech. You are welcome.

verte76 said:
I think I'm the only Kerry supporter posting. Technically, I'm an independent, not a registered Democrat. Perhaps U2democrat just doesn't feel like posting right now. I hope she is OK. I'm leaving town today, and I'm looking forward to the change in scenery I'll have for a few days. I think that it's not inappropriate that my trip is partially a Catholic pilgrimage.

Have a great trip verte! Say hi for me! :)

nbcrusader said:

Our First Amendment guarantees the right of free speech - even ignorant free speech. You are welcome.

Oh that's good, I'm really glad your first ammendment guarantees right of free speech, not that I give a shite about it, since I'm British.

It's not ignorance. If I'm ignorant, the rest of the world is too, that's what you must be saying. The only reason I'm so bothered is that Bush puts all of us at risk, can't Americans see that??

matt76 said:

Oh that's good, I'm really glad your first ammendment guarantees right of free speech, not that I give a shite about it, since I'm British.

It's not ignorance. If I'm ignorant, the rest of the world is too, that's what you must be saying. The only reason I'm so bothered is that Bush puts all of us at risk, can't Americans see that??

It's still not going to change the way they vote for their own country. The war in Iraq was NOT the top factor in this election.

Diane L said:
Oh. One more thing. I'm going to find the most Christian fundamental church I can find on Long Island and attend a service or two. It's time to drink the Kool-Aid. It's time to embrace their way of life. It's the only way life in America will be worth living.

Goodbye, reality-based living. From now on, everything that happens to me is the Lord's will, and who am I to question God?

Try a Church here if you are unsure as to where you are going. :)
http://www.ucc.org/index2.html

U2Traveller said:

It's still not going to change the way they vote for their own country. The war in Iraq was NOT the top factor in this election.

No maybe not, one of a few factors, but Bush rolling out his partner in crime Bin Laden, right before the election, certainly helped tip it his way...

nbcrusader said:
I'm am glad you were blessed with superior intellect to determine what is best for the world. :up:

Ha ha you're funny, still anyone who lives in a country who votes for Arnie as a governor has to be a good laugh.

Go on then, well done Georgy boy!

Now I need to figure out what I'm going to do with these Kerry political signs in my closet. Maybe I'll keep them for souvenirs.

Heartland

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

See the sun rise over her skin
Don't change it
Dawn changes everything
Everything
And the delta sun
Burns bright and violet

Mississippi and the cotton wool heat
Sixty-six a highway speaks
Of deserts dry
Of cool green valleys
Gold and silver veins
Of the shining cities

In this heartland
In this heartland soil
In this heartland
Heaven knows this is a heartland
Heartland...heartland

She feels like water in my hand
Freeway like a river cuts through this land
Into the side of love
Like a burning spear
And the poison rain
Brings a flood of fear
Through the ghost-ranch hills
Death valley waters
In the towers of steel
Belief goes on and on

In this heartland
In this heartland soil
In this heartland
Heaven knows this is a heartland
Heartland...heaven knows this is a heartland
Heartland...heartland
Heartland...heaven's day here in the heartland
Heart...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
statesfinal.gif
20020314-7-400h.jpg

As Bono has his hand on the pulse of the world musically speaking,
GW has he hand on the pulse and knows how to read the heart and soul of America.
The people decided yesterday.
God Bless,
db9
George%20Bush%20Bono.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom