MERGED: The Last 72 Hours: ALL U.S. Election-Related Posting (COMMENTARY/CHITCHAT OK)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
deep said:

Hey, where has anyone said ALL Christians.

These rat bastards don't follow the teaching of Jesus.

"Christian" is political tool for them to use.

Deep...next time you quote me don't butcher and make my sentences into fragments....I was addressing one person, not a political candidates campaign strategy.

It's disappointing to see that despite the opportunities to open their minds and face the facts, Americans continue to stick their heads in the sand and vote for such a miserable excuse for a "leader". I've felt alienated from the direction the US is taking for a long time, but I've never felt as un-American as I do now. I will continue to live outside in the real world for the next four years. DrTeeth? hiphop? How hard is it to emigrate to Europe? I'll be seeing you all there. :)

Sula! :hug: :hug: :hug:

Haven´t seen you for ages girl! Let´s get to email soon, can I still talk to you at your old .org address?

You´re always welcome here. If you want to move over, no problem. We got a good American embassy here, too.

If you´re an American, it´s not difficult to emigrate. We got many Americans living here. Vienna is particularly strong, there´s an expat community of about 40,000 people as far as I know.

It is a very safe city. You can move around at 3 a.m. without a problem.

And our borders are opened :)

Check the Embassy link if you´re serious:

http://www.usembassy.at/en/embassy/cons/acs.htm

hiphop, I am fine. A bit tired and worn out, and it's very hot outside, but c'est la vie.

Corrupt politicians? Economic woes? Pointless wars? Gestapo-style police secrecy? Rigged elections? Surprisingly enough, Africa seems a better place to be than the US at the moment. :D

So when are you coming to visit me in Mali? Timbuktu awaits!

Sula, I did a super big travel which unfortunately didn´t lead me to Mali, but instead to the U.S., Jamaica, Costa Rica and Nicaragua.

My trip to Africa may be in planning for somewhen around the end of 2005, if I can afford. Should cover Senegal, Mali, Burkina Faso, a little more of the West, then head over to Ethiopia and Kenya.

But that´s just a very rough plan. After all, we don´t know what this planet´s is going to be like in a year or two.

Is there any chance I can still see you in Mali by then? What about your plans?

(and on a sidenote: what about that wonderful picture you posted once.. yeah, I mean THAT one.. with the hot guy by your side)

Barring unforeseen circumstances, I should be in Mali until October 2005 at least...and maybe longer depending on how things go with work and with that hot guy. ;) Email me.

u got mail. check the spam too, if u can´t find it.. it´s from a .net addy you might not know yet.

I expect the elections to take a course similar to that happened in 2000 because the support to both candidates is close, and no doubt Mr. Bush=s victory would have a positive effect on Iraq and Palestine, as he had made solemn commitments about this.
Ahmed Talib Al Ta'ai-Baghdad-Iraq.

I wish Arab regimes would have half of what the Americans have of freedom of expression and participation in deciding their future.
Fartis Adil-Basra-Iraq.

There will be a great competition between the two candidates but I expect Bush to win. As for what will happen for Iraq, I believe who started the war is the only one who will finish it. Bush has toppled Saddam the tyrant and I'm sure that some Arab rulers are afraid that their fate will be like Saddam's.
Rasoul Jamil-Iraq.

Bush has won in Iraq and Afghanistan and changed their regimes, and now his role is over and it's time for Kerry to finish the job and stabilize the conditions in both countries in addition to start the efforts to topple the regimes in Syria and Iran, and thus the "Big Middle East" project would be completed.
Amal Al timimi-Ba'aquba-Iraq.

Nothing will change. I wish Kerry wins just because I like the change, and maybe this would stop the war on Iraq and the brutality of the Zionists against Palestinians.
Ra'ed Mahmood-Amman-Jordan.

Victory will be for Bush because he works to secure the interests of his country and this is what the American voters want. I don't wish Bush to win because I like him, but because I hate the Arab dictatorships that he terrorized when he toppled Saddam.
Saif Ali-Nassyria-Iraq.

Bush will win because he's the best, while Kerry is not ready to confront the hot issues in Iraq and Palestine.
Nazar Al Jaf-Germany.

I expect the American voters to chose Bush because he's a conservative. The American society is changing to the Christian fundamentalism which doesn’t differ a lot from Muslim or Jewish fundamentalism.
Aymen Zahry-Qairo-Egypt.

I don't really care who will win, as they're both two faces for one coin, but if Bush lose I'll be definitely happy and it would worth to be a national anniversary in Iraq!
Zainab-Iraq.

Most Iraqis favor Bush because he needs to finish what he started, while Kerry might bring the Ba'athists and Saddam back to power.
Mohammed Aboud-Baghdad-Iraq.

President George W. Bush will win and the "Big Middle East" will become a reality and all dictatorships will fall.
Karhad Karmity-Holland.

I wish with all my heart that Bush lose, not because I like Kerry but honestly out of hatred for Bush.
Mohammed Al Mansour-Madina-Saudi Arabia.

I think Kerry=s win would be in Israel=s best interest, as he would cancel Bush's project in establishing a democratic Muslim nation in Iraq that would be an ally to America and which would form the greatest danger to Israel=s position as the biggest and strongest ally to America in the region.
Sarmad Al Iraqi-Germany.

All the American presidents are faces for one coin! Anyone of them get elected starts approaching Israel without any consideration for the rest of the world. This is their policy and their train always travel on the Zionist railways regardless who the president was.
Sabri Anas-Al Jeeza-Egypt.

I'm not very informed about Bush or any other candidate but logic says that this is the president who will save the world from terrorism and fanatics. President Bush is always serious in his words and does not back of if he sees in it the common interests of his country, like what he did in Iraq. By God's will he will win and I'll be the first one who congratulate all who wish him to win.
Al Muhannad Al Baka'a-Baghdad-Iraq.

stagman said:

I beg to differ...

You have shown approval of saving the world from a festering danger that has emerged from the Middle east.

You have shown approval of a safer America..Crime rates have hit a 30 year low.

You have shown that you care for family values.

You have shown that you care for souls of the unborn. (If poeple have choices then they should think about them before they act)

You have made America closer to her most important Allies. (America, being the most powerful nation has a responsability to not 'act like an Island unto itself')...like many nations in the EU or UN. America does not have to follow what the EU thinks is right.

You have condoned a crackdown on terror that was never going to take 2 years to finish....we must be patient.... you have to be kidding yourself if terrorism might vanish into the night in less than 3 years. Half measures will not work...the job must be done properly. Sacrifice is always a buyproduct of success.... many have forgotten what the word 'sacrifice' means.

America has always come back from the setbacks...like the current Economic problems... America shall be repayed for for she has given...just you wait.

You have just given all the comedians out there another 4 years worth of easy sarcastic jokes.

I don't think you know what you're talking about. About half of those points are actually reasons why you should have voted for Kerry.

Well, what can I say? I'm disappointed but not shocked. The only thing I could do was vote. The people have spoken and I accept their decision. I have no choice. I'm just going to enjoy my trip to D.C. It's going to be cool.

Last edited:
My father said last night - they voted as a majority, I respect that and they deserve Bush as their president since they support him in a majority.

Too bad the rest of us don't deserve him.

Let's all try and keep our emotions in check, everyone.

I plan to close this thread by midnight (American EST) tonight, although if people get too testy, it'll be closed sooner.

Not as often as you'd think, actually.

I have FYM fatigue--Interland fatigue, really--pretty badly.

I'm planning a nice blue crack detox for the next week or so after today.

I am on a bit of an FYM high, my exam was 14 hours ago which was one bit of pressure, then the election when I got home and now I have to wait for my sunglasses to arrive fedex - its alcohol, energy drinks and coffee people.

Shoutout to U2Democrat, maintain :wave:

Not called by anyone except Fox, Kerry needs something like 6/7 of the provisional votes, I don't think it's going to happen.

FYM will be back to normal in a fortnight, I just hope that Kerry have enough class to know when to conceed defeat. Repeating 2000 even when it becomes a futile effort (not that it is yet) can only divide the US furthur. President Bush has shown class in waiting for Kerry to consider his options before giving a victory speech.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom