MERGED: The Last 72 Hours: ALL U.S. Election-Related Posting (COMMENTARY/CHITCHAT OK)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No gloating - but time to be gracious, I love democracy even more when it works in your way.

Last edited:
Well, in the long run, it´s better for Europe.

Private corporations fucking with the state (Halliburton) are not going to strengthen U.S. economics in the long run. If America gets weaker, it makes Europe stronger. That´s what 4 more years of Bush mean.

Congratulations to all the voters!

By voting more, you have all strengthened the democracy of your country.

Still, it is a sad day for democracy.

"The primary function of democracy is not to elect good leaders, since nobody can predict in advance how a politician will perform. It is to eject leaders who have manifestly failed. The ability to remove leaders who turn out to be corrupt, dangerous, outrageously dishonest or manifestly incompetent is the primary privilege and duty of any democracy."

Just being realistic.

the game is not over. CBS is not calling Ohio for Bush and CNN is not calling Ohio for Bush. The fiance predicts that at this rate, with Hamilton and Cuyahoga cos. coming in at the rate, Kerry will win Ohio by 80K.

My predictions turned out to not be true, much to my delight. Nevertheless, all you Kerry supporters, you have to admit that had Kerry been elected, not much would have changed.

Bush voters:

You have just condoned the deaths of 1000 servicemen and women in Iraq.

You have just condoned the removal of your civil rights via the Patriot Act.

You have just condoned inequality for homosexuals.

You have just condoned the removal of a woman's Freedom of Choice.

You have just condoned the alienation of America's strongest allies.

You have just condoned an unwinnable war.

You have just condoned Halliburton siphoning taxpayer money.

You have just made me sick. :tsk:

FullonEdge2 said:
My predictions turned out to not be true, much to my delight. Nevertheless, all you Kerry supporters, you have to admit that had Kerry been elected, not much would have changed.

I think a lot would change, not in the war, but in health care, economy, education...but now we'll probably never know.

BonoVoxSupastar said:
250,000 votes left to count in OH.

Yes, and Kerry would have to win about 190,000 out of those 250,000 votes to bring the race there to a razor thin margin.

FullonEdge2 said:

Yes, and Kerry would have to win about 190,000 out of those 250,000 votes to bring the race there to a razor thin margin.

I have my doubts but it's in a county that is majority Dem...

BonoVoxSupastar said:

I think a lot would change, not in the war, but in health care, economy, education...but now we'll probably never know.

Well, even if Kerry had been elected, I hardly think that many of his bills would have passed a Republican dominated House and a very split senate.

FullonEdge2 said:

Well, even if Kerry had been elected, I hardly think that many of his bills would have passed a Republican dominated House and a very split senate.

But just what do you think Bush is going to pass....

Rough times ahead.

Very sorry for the US. Bush must be feeling pretty lucky. If the Democrats weren't so incompetent, he should have had his arse handed to him. I don't know how you can fuck things up that badly and still win an election. Says a lot about the Democrats attack. They seriously need some balls.

That little blue circle was just covered by dark clouds again today.

DaveC said:
Bush voters:

Indeed. This country is screwed if the current reports are true.

The Bush Administration in power for another 4 years, an even stronger Republican House, and mostly likely the addition of a new right-wing Supreme Court Justice.

Say goodbye to your civil liberties, folks. Equality for all? Nope. If you're gay, you're not equal and you don't even deserve the right to have a loving relationship legally recognized. If you oppose the government you're not equal, and you can be searched, spied on, unnecessarily threatened and questioned, and/or arrested and held indefinitely without any proof of evidence against you. Arrested in Afghanistan or Iraq and think you're covered by the Geneva Convention? Lucky for you we have Guantanamo Bay, which technically isn't US land (to save us from accusations of war crimes), so we can bottle you up, not give you proper care, and hold you indefinitely without any direct evidence against you, and without access to legal representation.

Are you a Christian conservative? Well good news! Your viewpoint is now the official American viewpoint and trumps all other religions/belief systems and ways of life! You are more equal than everyone else!

:|

Last edited:
Damn straight, if one hopes for a Bush victory it doesn't make them a bible thumping homophobe.

I am going to give people a pass tonight because frankly they need to vent. In the meantime;

Yeaarrrghhhhhh
- Howard Dean -

Last edited:
DaveC said:
Bush voters:

Amen. This election has made me ashamed to be an American. I am afraid of what will happen to me and my Jewish fiance/husband over the next four years. We will not be able to live freely in a Christian-run country. We have become part of the 90% of the world that has a government supported religion. We are no better than the Taliban.

I am ashamed to be an American. And I am afraid of what will happen to our country in the following months between the quagmire in Iraq and the lack of capturing bin Laden. I have to move out of NYC now -- I can't live in fear for another four years. And if I'm lucky I can get out of this country all together.

I am ashamed to be an American tonight.

Oh please - the US will not turn into a Christian Sharia state, you people are turning very Henny Penny, and besides dontcha know; Bush is a puppet of the Rich Jewish Banker Zionist Overlord Cabal, I saw it on Egyptian TV.

We are no better than the Taliban.
And that is a very overstated opinion on the matter, when the US starts torturing homosexuals to death and stoning women for adultery it may be closer to the mark - the US is at the forfront of this war against a certain political ideology that some may find offensive if I say what it is, okay I shall give it a codeword, the happy bunny political system.

Blow the happy bunnies to hel before they can get a chance to exterminate you.

Last edited:
hey,

take a deep breath.

i believe these guys will totally f**k themselves to death

they will have no restraint.

fasten your seatbelts it is going to be a bumpy ride.

I think it's time for Democrats in Congress to start working more closely with Bush to strengthen the economy and fight the war on terror. Four more years of Bush isn't so bad if we work with him instead of against him.

For those who fear an ultraconservative judge being appointed to the Supreme Court, just remember that the Senate approves of the appointment with a majority vote, and the Senate is more likely to approve a more moderate judge than a conservative one even though the Republicans control the Senate.

Anyway, I think it's time to think about how we'll get America to trust in Democrats again. We can't depend on Bush screwing up so badly the next four years in order to win in 2008 against a McCain or a Guiliani. We need to make the Democratic Party stronger, and yes, that means working with Republicans. Our next candidate has to have support from both sides in order to be successful. Edwards should wait. Clinton should moderate her health care plan. Dean should just retire.

Blah...too tired.

Sharky...your words hurt me. I'm a Christian...but I don't believe in government imposed morality and I didn't support that in my voting today.

I think the brush you used to paint ALL Christians as intolerant, fundamentalists is unfair and hurtful, and in doing so you did exactly what you are afraid will happen to you and your fiance. I understand your fears...I'm a Christian but I also have a Jewish heritage that I'm loyal too. But if indeed the outcome is for Bush, and I'm hoping its not, please don't place the blame solely on Christians....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom