MERGED: The Last 72 Hours: ALL U.S. Election-Related Posting (COMMENTARY/CHITCHAT OK) - Page 13 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 11-02-2004, 12:41 PM   #181
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:52 AM
however tonight ends, i'm going to end up in tears. i know it. if we win, it'll be tears of joy. if we lose, tears of sorrow. i don't cry often, but i've invested so much passion into this election i know once its over i'm going to boil over.

Old 11-02-2004, 12:48 PM   #182
pax
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 02:52 AM
No champagne poppin' yet, my Democratic peeps. Let's not jinx anything.

Join Amnesty.
Old 11-02-2004, 12:54 PM   #183
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 11:52 PM
oh plez do
Old 11-02-2004, 12:55 PM   #184
Refugee

Local Time: 05:52 AM
I'm with you U2democrat. Although I have not invested any of my time in this election, and I'm not even American (!), I feel very emotional about this election, either way. I've seen and heard about so many people in the US who have been fighting Bush with passion... I really hope their work will be rewarded. It seems like my faith in the American people is a stake... which is kind of over-blown, I know.

A friend of mind in Senegal (West Africa) told me yesterday that many people over there who don't even speak either English or French are praying every night that Bush doesn't get re-elected. This election really is crucial.

But then again I'm always too emotional with politics.
Same with music.
Old 11-02-2004, 01:07 PM   #185
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:52 AM
Even if those numbers are true, you gotta play like you're 5 down, all the way to a mandate.

Tonight, we drink either way.
Old 11-02-2004, 01:17 PM   #186
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 08:52 AM
news just said that you DON´T HAVE TO SHOW AN ID WHEN YOU´RE VOTING?? you just have to tell your name and your address??

if that´s true everyone can take a look into the telephone book and go voting for 100 persons.

PLEASE TELL ME THAT´S NOT TRUE

on a side note, Russia has signed the Kyoto Protocol. not bad at all.
Old 11-02-2004, 01:18 PM   #187
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

I suspected something was amiss when I went to vote and traffic was backed up 1/2 mile from the church I vote at.
When I parked, I followed the line from the front of the church all the way across the front lawn down to the sidewalk next to the street, then down the sidewalk.
I was there in line for an hour and ½ and actually had fun. We kept trying to convince this 92 year old woman ahead of us, who was holding on to her 70 something daughter to let us take her up front. Prepared to break in front of everyone to let her vote, then take our place back in line that others were holding for us. This s**** making the elderly wait like that. The thing is she would not have had to wait because too many people were also encouraging her to go up. She didn't want to cause any trouble, she said.
You just have to respect someone's feelings and not push. I looked around behind me to see if anyone else needed to move up.
Democracy in action, loving every minute of it.

oceane:
Hope we can make all those that wish it, happy. I'm feeling very positive.
Old 11-02-2004, 01:26 PM   #188
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally posted by whenhiphopdrovethebigcars
news just said that you DON´T HAVE TO SHOW AN ID WHEN YOU´RE VOTING?? you just have to tell your name and your address??

if that´s true everyone can take a look into the telephone book and go voting for 100 persons.

That's not true hip hop. I had to show my ID and have for every presidential and or local election. In some cases you have to at least show a utility bill showing that you actually live in the area you are voting in - or a voter registration card. Otherwise you are given a provisional ballot that may or may not be counted depending on how close the election is. These ballots have to be verified by some proof that the person trying to vote actually lives in the area of the polling place. That's not to say however, people aren't trying to do this. But it's just not going to count.
Old 11-02-2004, 01:27 PM   #189
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:52 PM
Quote:

Yup, its true. Asking for identification has been deemed "intimidation".

We have no idea how many fraudulent votes are counted each election.
Old 11-02-2004, 01:35 PM   #190
ONE
love, blood, life

I am not going to say where or how I got my information......

I can only say they were on the money 100% with the way the last election went down, hours before hand.

Kerry wins tonight, possibly brining the Senate and maybe the House.

If I am wrong...oh well....but I do have a good deal of faith in my source.
Old 11-02-2004, 01:35 PM   #191
Refugee

Local Time: 06:52 AM
I don't know if this has already been covered, but in case you are paying attention to the electoral vote, here is what's crucial:

If Bush wins Ohio and Florida, which he won in the last election, he will win again in this election. However, those states are really, really, really close. If Kerry wins one of those states, odds are he wins the elecition. Say if Kerry wins Ohio, the only way Bush can win is if he makes up for it by winning several close states such as Wisconsin, Iowa, Nevada, New Mexico, and Minnesota. That scenario is highly unlikely, so if Kerry can pull off Ohio or Florida, the election is probably his. On the other hand, if Bush somehow manages to win Pennsylvania, he will almost certainly win the election. However, even though Pennsylvania is pretty close right now, I don't see Bush winning it.

Overall, with my gut feeling, Kerry is going to win the election.
Old 11-02-2004, 01:36 PM   #192
ONE
love, blood, life

Hip Hop, you have to keep in mind, each state runs their own elections so rules may vary a bit from state to state.
Old 11-02-2004, 01:38 PM   #193
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 11:52 PM
the nice old ladies at the polling place asked if i could
recite my home addy
say the pledge of allegience
and
asked me if i could pee in a very small cup

db9
Old 11-02-2004, 01:40 PM   #194
New Yorker

Also, you do have to sign your name, which matches with your registration signature, in order to vote. They did check my ID today as well.
Old 11-02-2004, 01:42 PM   #195
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 02:52 AM
Quote:

I've never been asked for id to vote...then again I live in a rural area, and not only does everyone know who everyone else is, everyone also knows your parents and can (and often do) tell embarrassing stories about you when you're waiting to vote...

Voted a bit earlier...no wait, but there was a nice steady stream of people going into the polling place. The little one-stop-light town was really hopping!!

Unfortunately, I found out that the post office there has never sent out a Global Express package...and wasn't going to start with the one I wanted to send.