MERGED: The Last 72 Hours: ALL U.S. Election-Related Posting (COMMENTARY/CHITCHAT OK) - Page 11 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 11-02-2004, 09:04 AM   #151
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,687
Local Time: 01:56 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by joyfulgirl
I just checked and it says 262-261.

C'mon, New Mexico, don't let me down.
Yeah it did just change...
__________________

__________________
BVS is offline  
Old 11-02-2004, 09:15 AM   #152
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
DrTeeth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: The Q continuum
Posts: 4,770
Local Time: 08:56 PM
Holy shit DaveC look at your signature!
__________________

__________________
DrTeeth is offline  
Old 11-02-2004, 09:18 AM   #153
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
RockNRollDawgie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: New Jersey, USA
Posts: 3,304
Local Time: 02:56 PM
Just voted for Kerry.
__________________
RockNRollDawgie is offline  
Old 11-02-2004, 09:27 AM   #154
War Child
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: houston,tx,usa
Posts: 645
Local Time: 02:56 PM
Kerry doesn't win if he doesn't have 270 electoral votes or more, even if he has more votes than Bush. For example, if the final result was 269 Kerry - 268 Bush, the House of Representatives get to elect the President.
__________________
GibsonExplorer is offline  
Old 11-02-2004, 09:30 AM   #155
Blue Crack Addict
 
nbcrusader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Southern California
Posts: 22,071
Local Time: 11:56 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar


Yeah it did just change...
I got yesterday's results as well when I saw namkcuR's post.

The annoying thing with Electoral-Vote.com is that they change polls each day. Thus, you get different methodologies for the same state on different days. Yesterday, Ohio was in Kerry's camp and Florida was barely in Kerry's column. Today, Ohio is in Bush's camp and Florida is in Kerry's column.
__________________
nbcrusader is offline  
Old 11-02-2004, 09:49 AM   #156
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Tempe, Az USA
Posts: 12,856
Local Time: 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by GibsonExplorer
Kerry doesn't win if he doesn't have 270 electoral votes or more, even if he has more votes than Bush. For example, if the final result was 269 Kerry - 268 Bush, the House of Representatives get to elect the President.
and who do u think the house would vote for?
__________________
diamond is offline  
Old 11-02-2004, 09:50 AM   #157
Blue Crack Addict
 
verte76's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: hoping for changes
Posts: 23,331
Local Time: 07:56 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by nbcrusader


I got yesterday's results as well when I saw namkcuR's post.

The annoying thing with Electoral-Vote.com is that they change polls each day. Thus, you get different methodologies for the same state on different days. Yesterday, Ohio was in Kerry's camp and Florida was barely in Kerry's column. Today, Ohio is in Bush's camp and Florida is in Kerry's column.
It *is* annoying, and enough to make me say "to hell with the polls, the one at the ballot box is the only one that matters".
__________________
verte76 is offline  
Old 11-02-2004, 09:51 AM   #158
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Tempe, Az USA
Posts: 12,856
Local Time: 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bono's American Wife




We voted 2 weeks ago.
i thought mr baw was undecided one week ago
please explain.

db9
__________________
diamond is offline  
Old 11-02-2004, 09:56 AM   #159
BAW
The Flower
 
BAW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: The OC....!!!!
Posts: 11,094
Local Time: 11:56 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by diamond

i thought mr baw was undecided one week ago
please explain.

db9

There are 4 registered voters in my household...I didn't say which ones actually voted
__________________
BAW is offline  
Old 11-02-2004, 10:01 AM   #160
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Tempe, Az USA
Posts: 12,856
Local Time: 12:56 PM
hmmm...
__________________
diamond is offline  
Old 11-02-2004, 10:23 AM   #161
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
Pearl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: NYC
Posts: 5,653
Local Time: 03:56 PM
I'll be voting once I get home from work.

I still don't know who to vote for, I still don't like either candidate. But as someone I work with told me, if you don't vote, then don't complain. So....

I'll be choosing the lesser of the two evils, once I figure out which one is which.

Sorry if this sounds depressing, but I'm just venting a bit
__________________
Pearl is offline  
Old 11-02-2004, 10:32 AM   #162
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Stateless
Posts: 56,441
Local Time: 02:56 PM
did my part... voted bush president, schumer senator... a registered republican voting for a dem i don't believe it
__________________
Headache in a Suitcase is online now  
Old 11-02-2004, 10:32 AM   #163
Blue Crack Addict
 
starsgoblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Looking for direction to perfection
Posts: 17,828
Local Time: 02:56 PM
I'll be voting for the first time in 5 hours!

I'm excited...and proud of the sense of power I've got to exercise!
__________________
starsgoblue is offline  
Old 11-02-2004, 10:41 AM   #164
Blue Crack Addict
 
nbcrusader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Southern California
Posts: 22,071
Local Time: 11:56 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Pearl
I'll be choosing the lesser of the two evils, once I figure out which one is which.

Sorry if this sounds depressing, but I'm just venting a bit

I think you have captured the sentiments of the majority with your statement.
__________________
nbcrusader is offline  
Old 11-02-2004, 10:45 AM   #165
Acrobat
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Buffalo
Posts: 480
Local Time: 07:56 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase
did my part... voted bush president, schumer senator... a registered republican voting for a dem i don't believe it
Kerry and Schumer for me.... wouldve voted Nader for President if it couldve made a shred of difference.....
__________________

__________________
grbounds is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:56 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com