MERGED: The Battle of Fallujah/Thank God We're Not in Fallujah - Page 6 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 12-26-2004, 09:39 AM   #76
New Yorker

Local Time: 11:23 PM
This is the best of America

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...s.041223173737

US families of dead raise 600,000 dollars for Fallujah refugees

LOS ANGELES (AFP) - Families of US troops killed in the offensive on the Iraqi city of Fallujah are to travel to Jordan next week with 600,000 dollars worth of humanitarian aid for refugees of the attack.

The November assault on Fallujah left 71 US military dead, according to the families, and the Iraqi government said more than 2,000 Iraqis were killed.

"This delegation is a way for me to express my sympathy and support for the Iraqi people," said Rosa Suarez of Escondido in California.

"The Iraq (news - web sites) war took away my son's life, and it has taken away the lives of so many innocent Iraqis. It is time to stop the killing and to help the children of Iraq," she added in a statement released by the families.

The families said with peace groups, physicians' organisations and relatives of the September 11, 2001 attacks victims, they raised 100,000 dollars in an internet appeal. Humanitarian groups such as Middle East Children's Alliance and Operation USA contributed 500,000 dollars worth of medical supplies.

The families are to fly to Amman on December 26 and hand over the supplies to humanitarian and medical workers there.

Old 12-27-2004, 03:58 PM   #77
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 10:23 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Scarletwine
This is the best of America

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...s.041223173737

US families of dead raise 600,000 dollars for Fallujah refugees

LOS ANGELES (AFP) - Families of US troops killed in the offensive on the Iraqi city of Fallujah are to travel to Jordan next week with 600,000 dollars worth of humanitarian aid for refugees of the attack.

The November assault on Fallujah left 71 US military dead, according to the families, and the Iraqi government said more than 2,000 Iraqis were killed.

"This delegation is a way for me to express my sympathy and support for the Iraqi people," said Rosa Suarez of Escondido in California.

"The Iraq (news - web sites) war took away my son's life, and it has taken away the lives of so many innocent Iraqis. It is time to stop the killing and to help the children of Iraq," she added in a statement released by the families.

The families said with peace groups, physicians' organisations and relatives of the September 11, 2001 attacks victims, they raised 100,000 dollars in an internet appeal. Humanitarian groups such as Middle East Children's Alliance and Operation USA contributed 500,000 dollars worth of medical supplies.

The families are to fly to Amman on December 26 and hand over the supplies to humanitarian and medical workers there.
Very cool . It's stories like this that make me proud to be an American .

Angela

Old 12-30-2004, 02:13 AM   #78
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 12:23 AM
Thanks for the article, Scarletwine. Good to see those who've suffered the most do some great things.
Old 12-30-2004, 09:28 AM   #79
pax
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 12:23 AM

Join Amnesty.