MERGED: The Battle of Fallujah/Thank God We're Not in Fallujah

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A_Wanderer said:
People have to see the result of war, every time, by looking away and ignoring it such a decision becomes that little bit easier. Also people should be paying closer attention to see the result of carbombs against a crowd of little kids, or the end product of the terrorists actions. Not to create any moral equivalence rather to see all sides of the problem.

Ok I just had no idea what "sanitised" was :p

A_Wanderer said:
People have to see the result of war, every time, by looking away and ignoring it such a decision becomes that little bit easier. Also people should be paying closer attention to see the result of carbombs against a crowd of little kids, or the end product of the terrorists actions. Not to create any moral equivalence rather to see all sides of the problem.
Really? Wouldn't it would turn every day of my life crappy, feeling low, depressed, and desensitized? It's almost as if I were actually in Iraq or Afghanistan, seeing all this with my own eyes. I mourn every single loss, and feel unbelievably sorry for any family and friend who has lost a loved one because of war. War is indeed a living Hell.

I still believe that we should support our troops and pray for their safety. I don't think anyone here would disagree with that statement.

Se7en said:
look on the bright side, a free and democratic iraq is in the interest of the united states. we're talking about collateral damage here. :up: /sarcasm

:|

seriously though, this sucks. i can't imagine those conditions. what a truly tragic situation those people in iraq face.
I think that there should be more reason for this other than that we're interested in a free and democratic Iraq. I kind of think we've already gone too far already to leave it behind. It certainly SUCKS to see so many lives gone for political reasons. There has to be a bigger reason for this.

Se7en said:
look on the bright side, a free and democratic iraq is in the interest of the united states. we're talking about collateral damage here. :up: /sarcasm

:|

seriously though, this sucks. i can't imagine those conditions. what a truly tragic situation those people in iraq face.

You might say this with sarcasm, but look through history at the violence sufferened in any country before democracy is established.

http://207.44.245.159/article7389.htm

I Am Become Death - The Destroyer Of The Worlds:

The crimson waters of the Euphrates are now emptying into the Persian Gulf the hopes and aspirations of innocent people whose lives were snuffed out on the orders of a man rewarded for his monumental crimes by his great nation.

And now we've broken out the napalm.
God I wish Canada would areest the war criminal.:sad:

Last edited:
The United States has been more than patient with what has been happening in Fallujah. In my opinion they waited too long. Also, if I am not mistaken, all of the work being done by the US forces in Fallujah has been with the approval and assistance of the Iraqi governement.

On my way to church to be with the family of a marine killed by the peace loving people in Fallujah. The children in the family have been gathering toys to send to the children of Iraq that the marines have been giving their care packages to. Originally they were sending items to the marines over there, only to have heard back that the marines serving in the area wanted items not for them but for the Iraqi children. They do this in memory of their loved one.

Dread,

Sorry for your loss. I too went to a memorial service last week.

We'll never agree. It's an unjust war in my mind, an occupation, and we are commitimg war crimes there. For the death of any person, be it "insurgent", "freedom fighter" and more importantly the civilain population.

The Iraqi government is a freaking joke. You mean our former CIA operative we've installed.

The operation in Iraq is a very difficult one where it is easy for those looking for problems and things to criticize to find them. I wonder if those who call this government a joke now will continue to say that once Iraq's first free elections are held and the first democraticly elected government in Iraqi history comes into being?

One day, those who criticize everything the United States does in Iraq will have to come to terms with the vast accomplishments of US military and civilian personal serving in Iraq as well as the accomplishments of the Iraqi people, in building a secure, stable, wealthy, and democratic Iraq, none of which would have been possible without military action given the circumstances of the Saddam regimes hold on power.

Scarletwine said:
We'll never agree. It's an unjust war in my mind, an occupation, and we are commitimg war crimes there. For the death of any person, be it "insurgent", "freedom fighter" and more importantly the civilain population.

The Iraqi government is a freaking joke. You mean our former CIA operative we've installed.

I am afraid you are wrong. It is not that I am unable to discuss rationally positions. It is the presentation of the positions that I do not agree with. I am sorry, but I have taken the opposite postion of STING in here on UN Resolutions pre-war. I am able to appreciate his postions, and I would like to think that the debate he and I held over three or four nights was one of the best debates I have had in this forum on any topic. I can walk away from that debate and still feel like it was done civilly and appropriately.

I cannot find it in me to say the same about our disagreements. When I saw your post and you put the word NAPALM in and I go to the link, there is not even the mention of the word NAPALM in the article. So why do you put that word out there?

I do however see the word "NAZI" in reference to the US SOLDIERS in the article that you linked too. At this point, I can only once again say I am disappointed in you and your tactics. You have been warned about making that reference in the forum, so the new tactic is to link to articles that say it for you.

At this point, I would prefer to say that I could not ever agree with you on this, because your tactics pretty much disgust me.

Please note....I am talking about the style in which you go about what you do in this forum.

All right, while I know we can't control what goes on elsewhere, maybe we could be a little more judicious about what we link to...?

And maybe we could remember that there are wildly divergent opinions and blah blah blah...

Let's all take a deep breath.

Last edited:
Actually I had not noticed that word in the link sorry, but I agree with jist of the article. I'm sorry you don't like my presentation or tactics. I don't agree with this war period and want our troops out now. I certainly don't agree on the way it is being run, though I don't have solutions that are morally teneble. The problems we are having were created by lack of security, lack of infastructure rebuilding right after the deposing of Sadaam, as well as other mistakes. They should have left Garner in charge. I don't know how you make up for the mistakes made then. Maybe we never can without killing thousands more - there's the rub.

The napalm was in reference to other stories by refugees of Fallujah and the British MP's up in arms over it. It may be the undoing of the last link of the coalition.

http://www.sundaymirror.co.uk/news/...694&headline=fallujah-napalmed-name_page.html

http://207.44.245.159/article7391.htm (video, audio of an unembedded reporter in Bagdad)
I saw part of this on DN, as I have dial-up I haven't seen it all.

Last edited:
Oh please conventional explosives melded bodies onto tanks on the "road of death" out of Kuwait during the first Gulf War just fine and it is far more likely the alleged weapon was not napalm, Napalm is a really crappy weapon to use in an urban combat situation and is totally innefective for that type of warfare, if the US wanted to just kill folks then we could bomb the shit out of the town and raze it totally without loosing a single Marine.

This is the best of America

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tm...041223/ts_alt_afp/usiraqrefugees.041223173737

US families of dead raise 600,000 dollars for Fallujah refugees

LOS ANGELES (AFP) - Families of US troops killed in the offensive on the Iraqi city of Fallujah are to travel to Jordan next week with 600,000 dollars worth of humanitarian aid for refugees of the attack.

The November assault on Fallujah left 71 US military dead, according to the families, and the Iraqi government said more than 2,000 Iraqis were killed.

"This delegation is a way for me to express my sympathy and support for the Iraqi people," said Rosa Suarez of Escondido in California.

"The Iraq (news - web sites) war took away my son's life, and it has taken away the lives of so many innocent Iraqis. It is time to stop the killing and to help the children of Iraq," she added in a statement released by the families.

The families said with peace groups, physicians' organisations and relatives of the September 11, 2001 attacks victims, they raised 100,000 dollars in an internet appeal. Humanitarian groups such as Middle East Children's Alliance and Operation USA contributed 500,000 dollars worth of medical supplies.

The families are to fly to Amman on December 26 and hand over the supplies to humanitarian and medical workers there.

Scarletwine said:
This is the best of America

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tm...041223/ts_alt_afp/usiraqrefugees.041223173737

US families of dead raise 600,000 dollars for Fallujah refugees

LOS ANGELES (AFP) - Families of US troops killed in the offensive on the Iraqi city of Fallujah are to travel to Jordan next week with 600,000 dollars worth of humanitarian aid for refugees of the attack.

The November assault on Fallujah left 71 US military dead, according to the families, and the Iraqi government said more than 2,000 Iraqis were killed.

"This delegation is a way for me to express my sympathy and support for the Iraqi people," said Rosa Suarez of Escondido in California.

"The Iraq (news - web sites) war took away my son's life, and it has taken away the lives of so many innocent Iraqis. It is time to stop the killing and to help the children of Iraq," she added in a statement released by the families.

The families said with peace groups, physicians' organisations and relatives of the September 11, 2001 attacks victims, they raised 100,000 dollars in an internet appeal. Humanitarian groups such as Middle East Children's Alliance and Operation USA contributed 500,000 dollars worth of medical supplies.

The families are to fly to Amman on December 26 and hand over the supplies to humanitarian and medical workers there.

Very cool :up:. It's stories like this that make me proud to be an American :yes:.

Angela

Thanks for the article, Scarletwine. Good to see those who've suffered the most do some great things.

Back
Top Bottom