MERGED: Terri Schiavo - Page 25 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-25-2005, 11:39 AM   #361
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 12:41 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by drhark

So kids who haven't developed enough self don't have a soul?
not the subject...

Old 03-25-2005, 11:40 AM   #362
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 01:41 AM
Quote:

Legal guardians are not allowed to make decisions to starve anyone to death. They can make the decision to remove life support. I beleive there is precedent in other cases that food and water do not constitute life support.

Very sticky issues. I prefer to side with Terri's life.

The 11th circuit did not re-review the merits of the case.

i'll say it again.

they are not starving someone to death in the way that we understand starving to death.

this happens ALL the time with terminally ill patients, those in comas, and people with similar conditions to Terri.

unless we pass euthanasia laws similar to those in the Netherlands where a doctor is allowed to administer a tranqulizer that will stop the lungs, this is one of the most humane ways to allow a life to end. she will not feel pain, both becuase her brain is liquid and because, as is the case with, say, a cancer patient, their pain will be carefully monitored by a doctor and morphine will be administered. the body shuts down without food and water, especially a drastically weakened body, and it is a very peaceful way to go.

i believe in the frist few pages of this thread, someone mentioned that a relative of theirs chose this method instead of face another round of painful chemo.

there is nothing unusual about this, let alone cruel.

please, don't let the highly emotional language of the far right fool you, though i see you've adopted their sanctimonious tone.

"i side with life!"

yes, of course we all like life, but that's an empty statement.

it's like when i go to left-wing protests and they hold up equally brain-dead signs that say things like, "The World Needs Justice, Not War." really!?!?!?! justice is better than war!?!?!? oh, now i get it!!!!

(that's not directed at you, just in general)

Old 03-25-2005, 11:45 AM   #363
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 12:41 AM
Quote:

Just a concerned citizen with a right to question judicial decisions
You didn't question though, you said
Quote:
I think the court ruled incorrectly on the basis of flimsy evidence.
that must make you some kind of expert. There are doctors who've given there expertice and a judge who knows the law much better than you yet you call the evidence flimsy and the judgement bad. Sounds like bias rather than anything else.
Old 03-25-2005, 11:50 AM   #364
Acrobat

Local Time: 06:41 AM
I'm just echoing the opinion of Alan Dershowitz
Old 03-25-2005, 11:51 AM   #365
Acrobat

Quote:
Originally posted by Irvine511

"i side with life!"

OK, to be less sanctimonious, I'll "err on the side of caution"
Old 03-25-2005, 12:04 PM   #366
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:

unless we pass euthanasia laws similar to those in the Netherlands
Must be the only time I've ever heard the phrase "let's be more like the Netherlands"....
Old 03-25-2005, 12:08 PM   #367
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by nathan1977

Must be the only time I've ever heard the phrase "let's be more like the Netherlands"....
well, i didn't say we should do it, i just tried to represent the present situation.

but i do think we should be more like the netherlands. wonderful country. i'm all for the decriminalization of soft drugs and prostitution, and i love their ethic of social tolerance.

so, let's be more like the Netherlands.
Old 03-25-2005, 12:13 PM   #368
War Child

Local Time: 11:41 PM
Quote:

OK, to be less sanctimonious, I'll "err on the side of caution"
What that seems to mean is that you err on the side of your religious beliefs. But you can't impose your religious beliefs on other people in the U.S.. It would take away their freedom of choice.

Terri chose to marry Michael. Michael, by law, has legal authority. That should have been the end of the story 15 years ago.
Old 03-25-2005, 12:14 PM   #369
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
I could be wrong, but I believe the act of Congress called a '"trial de novo", or a trial de novo was assumed to be required when changing the jurisdiction to the federal courts.
All Congress could do was let the federal courts to decide the case. It was not within their jurisdiction to order the feeding tube put in. They *wanted* the federal courts to put it in, but they could not require it.

Just because the federal courts did not give Congress what they wanted did not mean the judiciary was out-of-bounds. Again, the judiciary is not a rubber stamp for the conservative agenda.

Melon
Old 03-25-2005, 12:24 PM   #370
ONE
love, blood, life

Her husband used her for the lawsuit money then has been praying for her to die ever since he found a new gf.

Terri is not a vegtable.
She has cognitive skills.
She laughs
She swallows
She remembers.

Her estranged husband will have a lot to answer for in the next life.
He is assisting in her murder.

He was never a husband at all much less a human being.

db9
Old 03-25-2005, 12:29 PM   #371
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by diamond
Terri is not a vegtable.
She has cognitive skills.
She laughs
She swallows
She remembers.

really?

when did you examine her? where did you get your medical degree?
Old 03-25-2005, 12:37 PM   #372
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:

really?

when did you examine her? where did you get your medical degree?
Unless you're living under a rock or or a deathmute maybe you havn't been listening to Terri's parents, siblings and various Dr's who have examined her and/or spent time with her, unliked her estranged husband.

You have however seemed to grasp onto the misinformation that has beed spued thru out main stream media.

If Micheal Schiiavo were a real man he would deliver the care and guardianship of Terri to Mr and Mrs Schlinder Terri's parents- people who really love her.

db9
Old 03-25-2005, 12:40 PM   #373
War Child

Quote:

Unless you're living under a rock or or a deathmute maybe you havn't been listening to Terri's parents, siblings and various Dr's who have examined her and/or spent time with her, unliked her estranged husband.

You have however seemed to grasp onto the misinformation that has beed spued thru out main stream media.

If Micheal Schiiavo were a real man he would deliver the care and guardianship of Terri to Mr and Mrs Schlinder Terri's parents- people who really love her.

db9
The care that Bush, far from a real man, is trying to cut off in his zeal to scale back medicaid ?
Old 03-25-2005, 12:42 PM   #374
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by cardosino

The care that Bush, far from a real man, is trying to cut off in his zeal to scale back medicaid ?
different thread, bush hater.

db9
Old 03-25-2005, 12:42 PM   #375
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

You have however seemed to grasp onto the misinformation that has beed spued thru main stream media.

If Micheal Schiiavo were a real man he would deliver the care and guardianship of Terri to Mr and Mrs Schlinder Terri's parents.

db9

good lord.

you are watching selected segments of videotapes thave have been culled over years and years and sewn together into a propaganda video. THAT is the misinformation. the woman has spinal fluid where once a brain was. no one argues that.

there's no organized propaganda campaign behind Michael Schiavo, as opposed to the Schindler's who've amassed the nation's pro-life warriors and even venomous politicans like Tom Delay.

you have absolutely NO basis for your "diagnosis" of Terri's condition beyond what they've told you, and what they've told you is in their bests interests.

besides, my father is a doctor, and he disagrees with each and everyone one of your characterizations of her condition.

though Jonathan Edwards, of "Crossing Over" fame, does agree with you and told us so on "Fox and Friends."