MERGED: Terri Schiavo - Page 14 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-23-2005, 06:35 AM   #196
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 09:16 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by stray dog
and what did the court find?
How about answering my basic question, do you call that love?

The court decided it was ethical to starve an innocent woman to death. She is being treated worse than a murderer on death row.

Old 03-23-2005, 06:39 AM   #197
Refugee

Local Time: 01:16 AM
I loved my dog...she had cancer...i had her put to sleep...that was love...

Old 03-23-2005, 06:42 AM   #198
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 08:16 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Macfistowannabe
How about answering my basic question, do you call that love?

The court decided it was ethical to starve an innocent woman to death. She is being treated worse than a murderer on death row.

you're completely misunderstanding care for the terminally ill.
Old 03-23-2005, 06:46 AM   #199
Blue Crack Addict

If anything that nurse says about Michael in that affidavit is true, and I have to take her at her word-that is outrageous and certainly completely relevant

What the court found doesn't mean it's irrelevant
Old 03-23-2005, 06:48 AM   #200
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by MrsSpringsteen
If anything that nurse says about Michael in that affadavit is true, and I have to take her at her word-that is outrageous and certainly completely relevant

What the court found doesn't mean it's irrelevant
that's exactly what it means
Old 03-23-2005, 06:49 AM   #201
Refugee

Why would you choose to believe her and not a court appointed independent guardian? This is what our courts are for...they are finders of fact...and now how many courts have upheld the decision to let her have her will and die...
Old 03-23-2005, 06:52 AM   #202
Blue Crack Addict

I don't know what to believe, but what she says, if true, disgusts me

I don't know what the guardian said, but I wonder if a nurse is more privy to Michael's demeanor, words, and behavior than a court appointed guardian is

I don't know what the truth is and w/ all due respect neither do you

I'm not a court so I happen to believe her husband's behavior and words are 100 percent relevant, especially since he's controlling what happens to her
Old 03-23-2005, 06:54 AM   #203
Refugee

that is why we let her loved ones and according to law this is her husband make the decision...
Old 03-23-2005, 06:55 AM   #204
Refugee

the Good Book says that a husband and wife shall be one...this is what the law is based on...
Old 03-23-2005, 07:00 AM   #205
Blue Crack Addict

Maybe it's possible that the law should have protected Terri from her husband- like I've said, I don't know. It's too late for that, unfortunately.

The law doesn't always result in what's morally right and what protects innocent people.

The legal system is frustrating and unfair, that's just my humble opinion about it
Old 03-23-2005, 07:05 AM   #206
Blue Crack Addict

There was an actress on ET last night, she headed a group called Feminists for Life. (I forgot her name ) She said she and her group were also suspicious of the husband. They claim there is written evidence that when he got the million dollar settlement, he said it would be used for her care, yet he has repeatedly denied her therapy which may have helped her and even refused to treat her infections with antibiotics! This group feels as I do that this guy wants her DEAD so he can 'move on.'

Again, I want to say I am not someone crying over this because of the right to life issue, I support right to die, even Dr. Kevorkian for those in their right minds. If she had left something in writing, or even if her family had heard her say it, it would make a difference. But when there is no evidence of this, and all we see is a husband desperately trying to rid himself of a burden and a family crying their eyes out, I have a huge problem with that.

Now a sad personal story here that makes me even more suspicious. When my mother passed last fall, my brothers had her cremated. They claimed it was 'her wishes' but I was much closer to her than they were and talked more at length with her than they did and I never heard her say it. My sister and I opposed the cremation, but they did it anyway. My belief is that they did this to save money, as they have hoarded her estate (illegally I might add) and are giving my sister and I nothing but pain, misery and lies. However, one of these brothers' wife's mother recently passed, and though she HAD expressed 'wishes' to be cremated, only ONE of the five children objected, and the others had her buried for his benefit (and this is a family that is not close and fights more than mine does!) I am very disturbed and haunted by this and always will be. So for ANYTHING, the rule should be, if you can't PROVE the person said or wanted something, don't believe it. In the case of Terri, it is best to make an error (if there is to be one) on the side of her living and not dying.

One more thing- on my local news a few weeks ago, a guy was arrested and faces 3 years in prison for allowing his golden retriever pup to starve to death. As an animal lover, I find this heartbreaking too, but why is it legal to allow Terri to starve, and not the dog? No living creature should die that way.
Old 03-23-2005, 07:08 AM   #207
Refugee

I find it frustrating that those who argue for extending her life are so willing to destroy the life of others...namely her husband...the innuendo that he was some how responsible for this is too much...and totally un-Christian...but like I said the right wing will do anything to accomplish it's goals...fortunately being a Christian isn't the same thing...
Old 03-23-2005, 07:08 AM   #208
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
I loved my dog...she had cancer...i had her put to sleep...that was love...
You put her to sleep, instead of starving her to death.
Old 03-23-2005, 07:12 AM   #209
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
I find it frustrating that those who argue for extending her life are so willing to destroy the life of others...namely her husband...the innuendo that he was some how responsible for this is too much...and totally un-Christian...but like I said the right wing will do anything to accoplish it's goals...fortunately being a Christian isn't the same thing...
So it frustrates you that the content of his character matters to me? What are you going to say if they find the abuse charges against Michael Schaivo are true? That it's his own business?
Old 03-23-2005, 07:13 AM   #210
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by Macfistowannabe
You put her to sleep, instead of starving her to death.
I would have let her starve if it would have saved her 14 years of lifelessness