MERGED: Terri Schiavo - Page 10 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-21-2005, 08:58 PM   #136
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:30 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by trevster2k
Oh excuse me, cerebral cortex is gone not cerebellum, I ain't a doctor either.

The dark areas are spinal fluid. All that's left is some edge cortex, and that's decomposing. This is the image that the judges have all looked at to determine that there is no hope of recovery here.

Old 03-21-2005, 09:07 PM   #137
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 09:00 PM
Thanks for posting pic dave

Old 03-21-2005, 09:08 PM   #138
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 06:30 PM
Congress, the religious right, her parents they're all losing sight of what life really is.
Old 03-21-2005, 09:24 PM   #139
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 08:30 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Irvine511
just wondering ... where have all those who view Terri as alive and the removal of the feeding tube as tantamount to murder gone?
Well, I've stated my stance, and I'm still reading responses. I don't care for swaying anybody, really, but I find it interesting that both sides act as though Terri is on their side. I'm actually tired of discussing this case, and feel that we will never know how Terri feels about it, but we can only assume that we're on her side. I have doubts that they will plug her back in, as much as I resent the decision, I have begun to move on.
Old 03-21-2005, 09:33 PM   #140
Blue Crack Addict

Old 03-21-2005, 09:37 PM   #141
Refugee

Local Time: 12:30 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Macfistowannabe
Well, I've stated my stance, and I'm still reading responses. I don't care for swaying anybody, really, but I find it interesting that both sides act as though Terri is on their side. I'm actually tired of discussing this case, and feel that we will never know how Terri feels about it, but we can only assume that we're on her side. I have doubts that they will plug her back in, as much as I resent the decision, I have begun to move on.
as for what Terri wanted we have what she told her husband. The courts have found him credible...
Old 03-21-2005, 09:43 PM   #142
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 08:30 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Macfistowannabe
As callous as this sounds, I don't really care what happens to Terri Schiavo. But I am keenly interested in this case for the implications it has for me and anyone I do care about. And to me the current actions by many politicans are deplorable and very frightening.
Old 03-21-2005, 09:56 PM   #143
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 09:00 PM
Lesson here is for everyone to get a detailed specific living will or power of attorney or whatever legal document you need to prevent this from happening to yourself or a loved one.
Old 03-22-2005, 04:52 AM   #144
Blue Crack Addict

Yes that is a lesson, and a health care proxy too

Regardless of how anyone feels about it- and I don't think it matters who is right, wrong, or who "wins" a debate about it-her parents still feel she is alive and she is now going to die in their eyes, and I feel sympathy for them. I hope they can find some peace after all of this.

One of Terri's friends testified that she was talking about the Karen Ann Quinlan case w/ her, and she told her that she would always choose to keep living if she was in that state. So who really knows what Terri's wishes were?
Old 03-22-2005, 05:25 AM   #145
War Child

Well said mrs springsteen-in the end no one "wins" this woman has lost what most people take for granted every single day. (Like I can choose to get out of bed or have an iced coffee if I would like one)

If any good can come out of it maybe more people will make living wills, even just talking about the fact that someday we are all not going to be here and what to do about that.
Old 03-22-2005, 06:24 AM   #146
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 01:30 AM

Reuters

Quote:
PINELLAS PARK, Fla. (Reuters) - A federal judge refused to order the resumption of feeding for brain-damaged Florida woman Terri Schiavo on Tuesday in a blow to the parents, who have support from the U.S. Congress and President Bush in trying to keep her alive.
Old 03-22-2005, 06:32 AM   #147
Blue Crack Supplier

this issue is a complete and utter waste of time, energy, money, and media time. the republicans are exploiting this in order to coddle their base. it took Bush 3 days to say anything about the tsunami; however, when The House passed emergency legislation in the Terri Schiavo case just after midnight on 3/21, and the president was on it immediately.

the one good thing that i've had come out of this is that i sent an email to my parents asking them to pull the plug on me should i ever be a vegetable. i also asked two friends to promise to smother me should i become a vegetable. they asked me to do the same.
Old 03-22-2005, 07:03 AM   #148
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:30 PM
Quote:

the one good thing that i've had come out of this is that i sent an email to my parents asking them to pull the plug on me should i ever be a vegetable. i also asked two friends to promise to smother me should i become a vegetable. they asked me to do the same.
A friend and I had the same conversation, and I had this conversation with my mom last year. My mom is a very conservative right wing devoted Christian in her 70s who told me she did not want to ever be kept alive by machines and said it was stated in her will as well. I think it's about time for me to put this stuff in writing, though.
Old 03-22-2005, 07:10 AM   #149
Blue Crack Supplier

the other good thing about this: the GOP has overplayed their hand; i'm sensing a backlash.

and rightly so.

fucking disgusting exploitation of pain and suffering for politican gain.

i also didn't sleep well last night. am full of bile and venom today.

look out! irvine is very grumpy this morning.

Old 03-22-2005, 08:10 AM   #150
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:30 PM
Quote:

i also didn't sleep well last night. am full of bile and venom today.

look out! irvine is very grumpy this morning.

joyfulgirl didn't sleep either and neither did her officemate. What's up with that? I blame the equinox.